• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
and what exactly is this steam?
who's hosting it?

It's a charity event for Japan relief funding. It's going to be a huge gaming stream, though mostly geared towards Pokemon.

From what I know there's going to be three streams going at all times, starting tomorrow night. As far as I know, streams 1 and 2 should almost only be Pokemon, and stream 3 will have a lot of various games. Depending on whoever is stream three it could be anything going from CoD to Smash. There's a donation bar on the side of each stream for you to donate if you'd like to donate money for Japan.

http://m4gnitude.com/charity.html Here's the link to the website, that's the schedule for who's streaming when (I'm superflanker, my slot isn't filled in the 10PM-1AM thing yet, but I'll be there eventually). Each schedule corresponds to a stream, so click to it to see the stream. Like I said, it's MOSTLY Pokemon stuff, except stream 3, that's the one with extra stuff.

leelue

Smash Lord
if its on ustream, good. I can't watch livestream on my phone

Whatever went into fixing the way Falco's laser that is going to keep it from putting me into the landing animation, is that a global fix that will also affect things like Mario's fireballs?

I just finished my write-ups for ganon and Lucas on smashmods, for anyone who cares to have a look. I was encouraged by a couple of the guys to give my thoughts on the other characters that I know well after I did my first write-up on snake. Besides, we need more foot traffic on smashmods anyway. I'm tired of seeing that handsome devil hyperception with all the newest posts in all the rooms.

Revven

FrankerZ
I was talking about the way falco's laser puts you into the landing animation instead of wait. You know, the thing that makes it stupid effective in the demo. This is a landing detection issue?
The fastfalling into the ground cancels the "shoot laser" animation. Has nothing to do with landing detection and I don't even know why you would think it does. :|

How low the laser is shot, however, does deal with landing detection and is what gets fixed by the LD code.

Magus420

Smash Master
Pretty sure he's talking about laser stun... >.>

The landing lag after stun on lasers was due to brawl continuing non-tumble hitstun onto the ground before letting you land. You get the landing because it has an angle above horizontal in the demo (40 iirc) so you're put into the air when hit (knockback action 44).

It was fixed with the new crouch canceling code where a major component is having non-tumble hitstun cancel directly into hard landing without waiting out the hitstun. Since lasers still had 40 angle and very little knockback though the new code had you cancel the laser stun almost immediately into hard landing, so it was given a horizontal angle so that it goes into knockback action 43. This has the stun be the same as melee.

The code will have other things like fireballs not have full hitstun + landing lag like in the demo, but they may also need to be adjusted so that they aren't canceling into hard landing too soon and having almost no stun. They will be different than in the demo, but it won't necessarily be what it is in the demo just without the landing at the end. Most have growth unlike lasers and need to have upwards angles so there will still be landings, but the current stun will be canceled out instead of waiting through both like melee. This also matters on weak jabs/tilts that lift upwards.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Don't forget about Neko's stream tonight, you guys. Oh and for those wondering, Neko and anyone else streaming before Shanus does wil not be using the new lucario.

Ssb64 postbits awwww yeeaahh

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
we could just put music swap over the rage btw lol

Uploading the stream also makes it "easier" to watch rather than sit through hours of stream stuff.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
:|

You can just watch the recording of it that I posted earlier. It's a lot of work to split up the stream and upload it. I'm not doing it again unless it's a really good stream with more players or something.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
The gifs? I can't stop watching the matches they link to...

Edit: Eh, thats weird. Was trying to quote Ulevo, but it didn't show up.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thunderhorse, cmart, Waffle, and I are probably gonna do a stream tonight, and possibly late tomorrow night as well. Just throwing it out there.

Zef

Smash Ace
whoaaaaaaaaa
i dair'd with falco on pictoplus and i was fallin' down goin towards the edge and i just kinda was frozen standing there for 20 seconds

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Is there only going to be one additional/hidden character in Project M.? I know the website only has one "?" but I thought the PMBR had intentions of adding both Roy and Mewtwo, with the other 3 Melee characters being left out.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Is there only going to be one additional/hidden character in Project M.? I know the website only has one "?" but I thought the PMBR had intentions of adding both Roy and Mewtwo, with the other 3 Melee characters being left out.
Nothing is official, especially since Dantarion's computer broke IIRC and articles still weren't working at that point.

Oh, and why do the 64 postbits look more like SNES postbits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom