• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was jigglypuff today, and decided, "**** this" and just flew off the side of the screen. Game and Watch on the opposite side of the screen gets a point.

Playing with some guys who insist on timed mode, primarily because they hate waiting after dying.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, stock matches are the accepted standard and always will be. Could you give me some reasons why stock is preferable over timed mode, the default in the smash games? Stock just seems more fair, I can't put my finger on why. I mean, apart from the fact that KO counts are broken as **** in brawl, where the last person to hit you almost always gets the point, even for suicides. I just can't put my finger on why stock is more fair. Especially the way we play it, with the time limit. Agh, it's like having something on the tip of your tongue.

Just dealing with brawl***s as always.
I can't speak for the community, but the reason me and my friends started using stocks was it discouraged camping. Once you were up a point, we would start avoiding the fight to keep our lead. When we switched to stock, that didn't work, you needed to keep killing your opponent. (We didn't play timed-stock until we started playing competitively).

I think part of the fun also comes from that you know with stocks that eventually your opponent is going to stay dead, instead with time where it just keeps on going. And when the match keeps on going, well the satisfaction from each kill is watered down.

leelue

Smash Lord
In a free for all, the game should use have a better system in general. +3 for every kill.+ 1 for every assist. -1 for every death, -an additional 1 for every suicide. Fox's lasers don't count as kills.
Really, this system would work if you asked me. No camping. Stolen kills still give credit to the guy who got robbed but still reward the person with the balls to go snatch it. Suicides cost you but not a whole lot. Plus, if you got a negative score, you get laughed at and aren't allowed to play with the big boys.

Just meaningless conjecture. 4 stock smash til I die.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I've never understood why people put the vocaloid as the artist when they tag vocaloid music, to me the vocaloid is an instrument, it's like writing "Impromptu in B flat, by Piano".

And now something on topic so Strong Bad doesn't get mad at me, can you show the new Lucario on your stream or is he still not ready for the public?
Vocaloid is not just an instrument, but is a replica of an actual singer, and thus can be considered an artist.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i can't figure out new lucario from that second match ;x

he looks neat, but i can't see what exactly is different...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
how do glowing hands work and what do they do? it looks like they start glowing when he does comboes, but then they inexplicably disappear, then come back full force with one or two hits later on ;x

[sarcasm]I DEMAND A WRITEUP! [/sarcasm]

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i've been waiting for pit and lucario so bad! the stuff i've seen of pit is... eeeeh, but lucario looks ****ing great! definately hyped for lucario's current direction!

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Holy damn that new Lucario! Was not expecting that, at all.
Really cool, and an awesome idea!
Yet, now I haet him even more, for being Street Fighter related. :bee:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Need to see more Lucario, I got late to the stream :(

lol I learned shanus is pronounced "shane-nuss". I thought the vocals sounded like the ones in "Samus"
I also found out about it recently, I didn't know it was pronounced like that, I said just it like you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom