• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Do want

just got a few questions:

Is that tatsu spin kick supposed to be his new nair?
What's up with his hand glowing different colors?
What's that airgrab that throws them down? Aerial sideb?
How does one spirit bomb?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Do want

just got a few questions:

Is that tatsu spin kick supposed to be his new nair?
What's up with his hand glowing different colors?
What's that airgrab that throws them down? Aerial sideb?
How does one spirit bomb?
I know the first one is a yes, but I'm also wondering about the rest.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
from what i've gathered:

glowy hands is some sort of ex-cancel. don't know anything else on it...
air throw is aerial side b.
spirit bomb, from the stream: while charging aura sphere, hit a. not sure if it's as simple as that, or if you have to have it fully charged first.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
from what i've gathered:

glowy hands is some sort of ex-cancel. don't know anything else on it...
air throw is aerial side b.
spirit bomb, from the stream: while charging aura sphere, hit a. not sure if it's as simple as that, or if you have to have it fully charged first.
I know the air throw is aerial side b, but is it like Ganon's side b or like Bowser's?

iLink

Smash Champion
It looks like it grabs them and throws them down but isn't a suicide attack. I thought the animation looked pretty cool.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It looks like it grabs them and throws them down but isn't a suicide attack. I thought the animation looked pretty cool.
I wasn't saying it was a suicide, I was wondering if it automatically throws them down, or do you get to pick which direction you throw them.

Ulevo

Smash Master
His new moves seem great. My only gripe with him is that his cancel system seems obnoxious and not entirely helpful. Half the time when Lucario canceled a move in to another move, he didn't even hit him. And when he did hit him, it was mostly dial-a-combo. It reminds me of standard A combos in Brawl.

Smash requires you to juggle your character and follow the DI of the opponent to connect moves; they're not stationary on the ground when you hit them until you go in to a launcher, the way it is with traditional fighters. This is why I think this system doesn't work for Lucario.

He already had some nice cancels as it was, like A, A, in to a tilt, smash or grab. Stuff like that.

That said, his new Aura Sphere move is awesome, his air throw is nice. The new neutral air looks cool, but I am curious as to why it was changed over the old one.

Also, I know you guys junked the Sword Dance (down special), but I really think you could use that.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the links that i liked was dash attack to utilt/usmash and utilt to usmash. couldn't really identify any others just from the stream.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Holy... Lucario looks so good guys. Don't change a thing! Man I wanna play him so bad now haha. His playstyle seems right up my alley. Incredible guys

iLink

Smash Champion
Can you just shoot a regular fully charged aurasphere or does it have to be the big slow spirit bomb one?

Revven

FrankerZ
Can you just shoot a regular fully charged aurasphere or does it have to be the big slow spirit bomb one?
You can do a regular fully charged one.

so long as the cancels are actually a decision and not extra unecessary button presses, I approve. Cough L cancel cough not bringing that argument up again cough
They are indeed a decision, you don't have to do them but if you do you get great rewards in damage + the charge.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
For what reason would I not cancel? just general, "not now do something else" situations?
The next attack after a cancel doesn't always connect, if your opponent is out of reach it's better to just chase them and then attack.

iLink

Smash Champion
Also for any of you guys playing Lucario.

I imagen that the Dash attack > utilt > usmash combo can be extended with aurasphere charge cancel into a jump. At least in vbrawl you could cancel AS charge into a jump without the shield coming up so you could follow up right away with fair and other aerials.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
can anyone record the match on jtv? I have to log off the comp for a while others in the house need to find jobs.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
so you can cancel jabs/dash attack into tilts, smashes, and specials
tilts into smashes and specials
and smashes into specials?

shanus

Smash Hero
You will have seen me cancel a lot of usmash or utilts into as charge shiled JC - its fairly bread and butter.

:phone:

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
From what i got in the stream: he has a new nair that kills, you can cancel jab/dash attack>tilts>smash>specials, new aerial side b throws donwards, and when you hit and get hitted you biuld a metter (in the form of that orange glow) that can be spent to lauch more powerfull (and weird) specials that are performed pressing b+direction+a....mhmmm that's it

Ecks

Smash Lord
It kinda feels like Lucario's getting an unfair advantage though, but I'll trust the devs on this one.

Regardless, I like the new Lucario.

Edit: 64 postbit looks really pixelated :(

shanus

Smash Hero
His new moves seem great. My only gripe with him is that his cancel system seems obnoxious and not entirely helpful. Half the time when Lucario canceled a move in to another move, he didn't even hit him. And when he did hit him, it was mostly dial-a-combo. It reminds me of standard A combos in Brawl.

Smash requires you to juggle your character and follow the DI of the opponent to connect moves; they're not stationary on the ground when you hit them until you go in to a launcher, the way it is with traditional fighters. This is why I think this system doesn't work for Lucario.

He already had some nice cancels as it was, like A, A, in to a tilt, smash or grab. Stuff like that.

That said, his new Aura Sphere move is awesome, his air throw is nice. The new neutral air looks cool, but I am curious as to why it was changed over the old one.

Also, I know you guys junked the Sword Dance (down special), but I really think you could use that.
I can tell you that you are extremely wrong. Most of it was really inexperience on my end - it was my first time playing against humans (let alone those chars) so a lot of the time i was whiffing as i wasnt sure if it was better to go for a dtilt vs an utilt for the combos (its so different on every character) - also DI here plays a huge impact, as yes you have on avg 1-2 auto linkers in a string, but once you are airborne its super variable

Saying "auto combos" as a bad thing is hypocritical as there were plenty in meler such as shine dair.

Overall, i can tell you that the new lucario is the most fun ive ever had in smash. Ever. He also is crazy technical.

iLink

Smash Champion
You will have seen me cancel a lot of usmash or utilts into as charge shiled JC - its fairly bread and butter.

Yeah I noticed that later on. Just mentioning that you can basically instantly jump after the auracharge without having to bring up your shield.

shanus

Smash Hero
Is any of it recorded? I think Danger said he would. I had a few sexy clips in there

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
I like new lucario:m a lot, he feels unique and i like the new solution you found for his old aura mechanic. However i'm not shure that i lke the exspecials completely, i feel like giving him 2 sets of specials that deppend on an exclusive mechanic and 4 more button imputs than every other character (zelda, sheik and the 3 pkmns are different characters) its too complicated and seems kind of messy, don't get me worng i like the mechanic, i just think that the exspecials should be mare powerfull (and maybe faster?) versions of his normal specials, that would feel more natural and less gimmicky

shanus

Smash Hero
Gust - its not more inputs. It works oike this:

If you go into aura sphere and have an aura charge built up (glow hands). - all you do is press A during its start-up

The same applies during his up-b, except his "super upb" lets him IASA out of it (by pressing A), its pretty simple to do

Keep in mind this is all wotk in progress - we are toying with ideas for it still

camerino1

Smash Lord
I read that you wont be adding Melee characters back in. I want to get a little in-depth on that. What if the character had sufficient data in the game, but lacked a character select only? (Sorry if this has been asked tons of times.)

I'm just thinking that you might be able to make the character select for them, and other characters that have data that just weren't finished off. (I heard this happened with Plusle-Minen tag team, sorta like pokemon version IC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom