• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IYM!

Smash Lord
@ IYM!

You're misunderstanding what a command list is. Slashy was asking for a list that details the button combinations to execute Lucario's move's (i.e. what buttons to press to execute Lucario's ex specials).

What you are asking for is more like an article explaining the changes in characters from melee/brawl to P:M. This has already been done for all the characters in the demo, but their website is down, so you can't see it.
yes, your idea is better, but i want see the new comands, for example, i dont know wich special combination (b, sideB, UpB, downB) is the Lucas charge :ohwell:

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's neutral b, IYM!. And it does say so in the character overview at the pm site.

Edit: Seriously guys, consider adding info to trophys.

:phone:

leelue

Smash Lord
Adding info to the trophies would be awesome
how hard would it be?

also
Please tell me the guy who said fox and falco are very similar was trolling.

And also back a page, lucario and mewtwo almost share an up tilt (as well as having forward bs that grab). Remember, I am not saying that the characters are similar.

Also, mewtwo had range. Tail all day e'ry day.

iLink

Smash Champion
Their utilt isn't the same. Mewtwo swings his tail forward then back while Lucario's starts from the back and swings his leg forward. Calling their sideb the same is kind of a stretch.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Changing the topic...

this is an idea than go to the P:M team, this idea came to me a couple of days ago, i hope you give me an opinion.

I will be honest, I do not like the spikes, I find them unfair moves. Marth Dair and Falco Dair, for example, they are really effective movements, and though I admit that it takes time to dominate them, the advantages that they provide are great.

Other movements, as the Dair de Ganondorf, C Falcon, Samus, Ness, The Fair de Yoshi, DK, Falco.'s sideB that also they throw down, are effective movements, but that with the suitable skill, can be avoided

My point is, if they eliminate the concept Spike of P:M?, already I know that gonna be many which will not like the idea, but probably this helps to give balance to the game.

I read in the first page of this Threat, that the window of recovery of a meteor is of 16 frames, correct?

That such if you extend this window, to do the meteors more efective, do them more dificult to recover after the hit, but leaving opportunity for recovering of them?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I thought i'd be as simple as copying the info from the site and pasting it in the trophy info.

Meh, it's not important anyway. What is important is seeing someone get good with Lucario *coughjcaesar'screw&sneakcoughcough*.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
iym!, i think that falco's dair being a spike is necessary for his pillaring (shine to dair to shine to dair) because if it was stronger and not a spike, the opponent would slam into the ground and be able to tech rather than simply be stunned, and if it was weak and not a spike the hitstun would end earlier and so the opponent could escape or meteor cancel after dair. so falco needs his spike (maybe for balance it could be his pal dair which only spikes for the first part of the move?), but i dont know about marth

shanus

Smash Hero
What is important is seeing someone get good with Lucario *coughjcaesar'screw&sneakcoughcough*.
ouch, very ouch.

FYI - dangerlance should be visiting me next week, which means more streams, and more procario practice :p

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol I didn't mean it like that Shanus.

I just said it because they're playtesters and they stream often.

iLink

Smash Champion
I really want to try him out. I already theory crafted a bunch of applications with the cancels.

Aurasphere charge cancel into wavedash and other shenanigans.

shanus

Smash Hero
You guys didn't get to see any of the applications on fastfallers.

Dash attack -> utilt -> aura sphere charge (hit 2 times with the charge hitbox) -> grab -> dthrow -> dash attack -> utilt -> usmash -> aura sphere throw (hit with aura sphere)

IYM!

Smash Lord
iym!, i think that falco's dair being a spike is necessary for his pillaring (shine to dair to shine to dair) because if it was stronger and not a spike, the opponent would slam into the ground and be able to tech rather than simply be stunned, and if it was weak and not a spike the hitstun would end earlier and so the opponent could escape or meteor cancel after dair. so falco needs his spike (maybe for balance it could be his pal dair which only spikes for the first part of the move?), but i dont know about marth
mm, that is right, i dont want change the metagame of anyone, but spike are very, very efective, i dont have problems to see a Snake fair as a spike, or a yoshi fair, after all, these move are slow. but Falco and marth are so fast

iLink

Smash Champion
I watched that a little while ago on the recorded stream against falco. Just thinking of any setups you could do with wavedashing out of aurasphere charge cancel.

iLink

Smash Champion
Oh yeah I forgot to ask.

Assuming lucario doesn't have a constant aura that effects his damage and knockback and such, what was his base power set to?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I forgot to ask.

Assuming lucario doesn't have a constant aura that effects his damage and knockback and such, what was his base power set to?
They can edit move properties, so AFAIK they're not limited to setting him to any Aura percentage.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Just finally got a chance to watch that stream from earlier of Shanus's new lucario. I admit he looks Amazing.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so some thoughts on Lucario

although i believe we didn't get to see him no-where near his full potential, he seemed like he was capable of pulling off some crazy strings/combos. it was kinda hard to see the cancel mechanics due to stream quality but it didn't seem out of place or anything really and appeared to flow well.

his full-hop seems a bit high but there's probably a reason for it. its just that smaller jumps are usually complimentary to the combo oriented playstyles but yeah..... I thought the air-grab was a great addition (make it like Chun-li's :D). i only got to see it once and i think it was teched so i didn't really get to see its effectiveness. whats its trajectory?, function? etc.? it would be awesome to be able to string stuff once they bounce off the floor (if possible). Not too fond of the rainbow hands, but hey I bet even Goku gets rainbow hands when getting ready to launch a giant ball of doom....lol idk (great job on the animations tho)

leelue

Smash Lord
diverting conversation away from lucario because I can't see it

so
has the issue that I pointed out on smashmods concerning sonic and the way that his homing attack will outright miss a standing captain falcon been addressed?

IYM!

Smash Lord
@MK26: would be nice see that fix, the initial hit as a spike and the rest just a meteor.

i was in you tube and i found this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFHzeuxlac&feature=related

At least a good Link, is dificult find a good P:M Link.

just a little sugerence, watch since 1:07 at 1:56, Link have so much problems at killing Falcon. i know he is a heavy character and a fast faller, but hold over 250%?

Link have strong moves, but arent so fast, maybe a buff in his Dsmash and Fair will be OK. and a litle more damage in his throws, after all, have a long ranged grab still be a disventage againts the normal ones.

about Snake, i am worry too, i am very agree with your concep of Snake, make him a long range fighter, with a lot of traps, but he lose so much strenght in his attacks, also, give him a limit of just one granade was, in my opinion, unnesesary. he have a very powerful Fsmash, but it is like the melee bowser Fsmash, strong but slow.

Here a proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5v1adM6Qx8

this is a match, Ganondorf vs Snake,

1:14 ) Snake coneted a good Bair, Ganondorf have 139% of damage, and the knockback was, in one word, pathetic.

1:16 ) Snake have a nice Nair now, is faster, but so much weaker, at 162%, Ganondorf has to die. After all are 3 hits, so conect they in that form is pretty dificult.

i hope see an aswer for part of a member opf the team of P:M, i do tis post with the intention of do a positive critizice, about the aspect than, in my point of view, need some fixes

Ulevo

Smash Master
I don't know. That Link didn't look very good to me. He just consistently camped most of the game, and when openings were made, he choked. Falcon had the momentum the whole game, and whenever Falcon died it was because of something silly.

IYM!

Smash Lord
basiicaly, the style of link is camp a lot, and attack when the oponent is open. that is why arent so much link mains :p, is style is some diferent in comparation with the rest.

anyways, that are only likes, i am jugding the kill power of Link

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
basiicaly, the style of link is camp a lot, and attack when the oponent is open. that is why arent so much link mains :p, is style is some diferent in comparation with the rest.

anyways, that are only likes, i am jugding the kill power of Link
I beg to differ. Though defense is Link's strong point, you can play Link offensively with similar tactics. Boomerang and bomb both make for an excellent approach and utilt, dmash, dthrow, uair and nair (to name a few) all link together to combo effectively. To each his own though. Camping is boring lol

IYM!

Smash Lord
I beg to differ. Though defense is Link's strong point, you can play Link offensively with similar tactics. Boomerang and bomb both make for an excellent approach and utilt, dmash, dthrow, uair and nair (to name a few) all link together to combo effectively. To each his own though. Camping is boring lol
you are right, in fact, i am more ofencive with link, but for me is fun camping too.

any way, that wasnt the point pf my post, my point was give some sugerences in Snake and Link, i would like a respond of one of the P:M team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom