• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcool

Smash Ace
Well connor just cleared up the movement aspect of it for me. I guess only throws need to be fixed and that can happen when u guys want it to. Question though. Can you rip the crowd chanting for roy and mewtwo str8 from melee or do you have a program for new customizable chants? I never saw the answer to the question if it was asked before.....

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Is landing detection the reading that occurs when an attack connects or when someone lands on the ground? I've assumed it's the ground scenario this whole time.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Well connor just cleared up the movement aspect of it for me. I guess only throws need to be fixed and that can happen when u guys want it to. Question though. Can you rip the crowd chanting for roy and mewtwo str8 from melee or do you have a program for new customizable chants? I never saw the answer to the question if it was asked before.....
You can rip it straight from melee.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is landing detection the reading that occurs when an attack connects or when someone lands on the ground? I've assumed it's the ground scenario this whole time.
When someone lands on the ground. Basically, in Melee, characters landed on their knees, in Brawl they land on their feet. It makes sense realistically but... it doesn't feel right at all and makes a lot of things either easier or harder to do depending on what it is you're trying to do. Which messes with timings and the overall flow of the game.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Soething very minor and have no idea if this pertains to Marth at all but...

I've noticed that when marth tries to counter firefox/bird, Fox/falco always grab the ledge (or at least ive never seen them not). In melee they usually get hit unless they sweetspot it really really well. Does anyone know why this is?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It's a problem that's been around through all of Brawl+.

It boils down do, for some reason, if you hit someone when UpBing to the ledge it will suddenly return the brawl AutoSS. It will need to be fixed for this to be finished as it will effect a lot of edguarding tricks(Lightshielding marth, Countering Firefox/bird, etc...).

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
When someone lands on the ground. Basically, in Melee, characters landed on their knees, in Brawl they land on their feet. It makes sense realistically but... it doesn't feel right at all and makes a lot of things either easier or harder to do depending on what it is you're trying to do. Which messes with timings and the overall flow of the game.
Ah I see. So that's why marth can't do the SH double fair right now. He actually has less time to do it. Thank you very much. So many things make sense now.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
In my honest opinion, one of the main reasons why Marth doesn't seem like Melee is his "Hitting a peice of paper with a candy cane" sword SFX, and obviously the camera not being perfected and implemented fully to every stage.

D

Deleted member

Landing detection gives you less time to perform SHDF. The technique still exists.

The last time I played Marth in P:M though, he didn't have his Melee Fair, so my timing was off as I've never really played vBrawl/B+ Marth. He probably does have his Melee Fair by now with all the work done.'

Ninja'd

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I honestly can't remember seeing anyone do it, and I'm going to assume it's because of the small window in which it's possible.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Somethings about his UpB seem a little different but it can kill again that's good. Aside from throws being fixed it looks like he's about as good as he can get until other problems are solved.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's a problem that's been around through all of Brawl+.

It boils down do, for some reason, if you hit someone when UpBing to the ledge it will suddenly return the brawl AutoSS. It will need to be fixed for this to be finished as it will effect a lot of edguarding tricks(Lightshielding marth, Countering Firefox/bird, etc...).
Actually, this is only on space animals right now. And it's called "hitlag snap" because you snap when you hit something (be it shield, a person, or a counter). This is only happening because NASL makes recoveries only not snap on the way up, if it was the opposite everything would be fine.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
USB Gecko + ASM = Dantarion.

Seriously, ASM isn't easy to understand at all. And yes, there aren't any other hackers out there with his skills.

If you don't know what ASM is, I suggest you look it up.
o god ASM, if my readily bad skill remembers messing with that using Lunar Magic. then its as had as it sounds-.-

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Actually, this is only on space animals right now. And it's called "hitlag snap" because you snap when you hit something (be it shield, a person, or a counter). This is only happening because NASL makes recoveries only not snap on the way up, if it was the opposite everything would be fine.
if you guys haven't touched it since B+(dunno, haven't played PM before you throw it out there) Luigi and Peach also did it

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Sadly most Brawl hackers are just gone for various reasons.
If anyone here was around in the beginning (omg wavedashing in Brawl!!!111!!1!1!!! and the dreaded 256 line limit) we had so many people willing to explore Brawl. Brawl is one of, if not the most deeply hacked console games out there and it's all because of those early hackers like PW, Spunit, and more. Whether their equipment broke, or they got bored, or got too busy to mess with video games, or moved on to new games (screw Super Mario Galaxy :( ) they left the Brawl scene. Now we have Dantarion. He's a wizard, and he has done things that NOBODY has ever been able to do with Brawl but he's only one man.

Gosh I remember the glory days... New discoveries were happening on a daily basis it seemed... But that was years ago.
Heh, I see you guys weren't kidding about that wizard thing, geez...

Edit: Suddenly, Dantarion: The Game seems to make a lot of sense :laugh:
I am a wizard.
... x10

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
about 100% of the melee peach boards would have a problem with that

but you play brawl so I guess it makes sense you'd use the inferior color ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Good, I like being original.

And you are all just mad cause She is the only spanish looking chick in melee. Domician Peach. What's up fools.

Also, I play both games. Not just wack brawl.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Very excited for this. I've been following it for a while silently in the background. Keep up the good work. I just want to say how I'm really impressed with how you've even managed to give brawl characters a melee feel with some of the new movesets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom