• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
haha, wow, thanks for that Spam_Arrows. Glad to see you have a hold on yourself.
I don't have time for nonsense. I respect everyone as a man. If people aren't going to respect me as a man or want to play the tough guy from behind a computer card I really don't have time for it. Those people can address me in person or not at all.

I apologized for my reactions of late anyway. Seeing as how I posted it after you previously posted it can't be helped. Your right I would love to test play this game. I'm not gonna deny it. I can't think of anyone who's posted in this thread that would NOT want to test play it so what's your point in saying something like that anyway?

Unless you yourself are trying to get some kind of drama started-_-. What's your boggle sir?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Marth is coming along great but he isn't there yet. I assume it is the physics issues and throws that are holding him back. Because if everything is frame perfect from melee, the visual and sound differences are just mind tricks.

IMO, the entire P:M team should abandon working on characters and completely focus on the unfinished physics aspects (i.e. Landing Detection, DI, Friction). Once the physics are perfected, it will be A LOT easier to test all of the characters out to assure they can be transferred from melee. You can't build a house until you have a foundation.

shanus

Smash Hero
It didn't came out hostile at all, if anything came off great, you always find a way to answer out comments in a respectful way, and it's one of the things that i appreciate the most about you great sir(other than your supreme awesome skills in coding :laugh:). Also, the comment was not directed to anyone, but I do admit that we get some hostile responses from some people, many of those times without a valid reason to be attacked
Yeah, there a few PMBR'ers who definitely have a bit of a temper, lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marth is coming along great but he isn't there yet. I assume it is the physics issues and throws that are holding him back. Because if everything is frame perfect from melee, the visual and sound differences are just mind tricks.

IMO, the entire P:M team should abandon working on characters and completely focus on the unfinished physics aspects (i.e. Landing Detection, DI, Friction). Once the physics are perfected, it will be A LOT easier to test all of the characters out to assure they can be transferred from melee. You can't build a house until you have a foundation.
I love you btw. Single? When can we get married?

shanus

Smash Hero

We only have 1 member of the team who can do Landing Detection and DI, and that is Dantarion. It wouldn't make much sense to try and not gain headway on other items when you have specialties.

Revven

FrankerZ

Except... DI isn't something any of us can fix, only one man can; same with landing detection. That one man is Dantarion and that man is too busy with clone engine and can do what he wants to do right now (and that is clone engine). So, we're not going to be just sitting here waiting weeks upon weeks doing nothing just so we have some definitive codes from Dantarion that fix these particular issues.

It is better to continue the work we have to do than wait on something that may never come to fruition (landing detection).

edit: freakin' ninja'd by shanus.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I assume the inequity of such changes (working on characters versus fixing things like the physics and landing detection) is that making animation and smash attack changes is a lot easier to know how to do, and thus, they have more people for that sort of task.

Changing how the physics, detection, and general underlying mechanics requires technical coding knowledge and proficiency, which seems to be a lot harder for them to find. The reality of dealing with a project like this forces a sort of less-than-ideal way of handling it. You can't just say "well fix this first", and expect it to be just that easy.

Just my couple of cents.

Edit: Ha. Whaddya know.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice

Yea i feel you on that, Without the physics it will feel off. its probably easier to update characters vs working on the physics.. isnt it?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The characters can be done in BBox and PSA. DI and Landing detection is actual coding.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
What happens when snake taunt cancels? Does a box just randomly spawn out of nowhere? That would be awesome if it did. Same question goes for kirby too. In 64 if you taunt canceled while wearing a hat the star would come out of kirby. Would the same thing happen in this game?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I just watched Shadow Claw 4. I really hope Mewtwo won't just be Taj tier. I'm really looking forward to playing Mewtwo in P:M. I attempted to play Mewtwo before but its just so hard to achieve that kind of level of play.

Actually, regarding that. Because you guys are porting over physics and Mewtwo is going to be included.. will you guys keep him as light-weight? Mewtwo's physics just never really went through my mind in Melee.

Mewtwo should have float cancel. lol no lies that'd be so sick.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think Mewtwo should be resized. It doesn't make sense that he's as big as bowser. :chuckle:

even if his moves have the same reach. Hell he could even get Marth's grab imo. At least it's justifiable for M2 to have a grab range that long. Marth and DDD idk how they do it.

I think what they are trying to say is Dantarion is not only by far the greatest programmer involved with the project. He's also the greatest to ever live.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i think...ur all thinking too much :)

can't wait to play this.....Oct. 16th here i come!

Revven

FrankerZ
Please explain why Dantarion is the only one capable of deciphering landing detection AND DI? Not enough coders with his skills?
not enough actual coders. as in, is he actually programming this stuff?
USB Gecko + ASM = Dantarion.

Seriously, ASM isn't easy to understand at all. And yes, there aren't any other hackers out there with his skills.

If you don't know what ASM is, I suggest you look it up.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I think Mewtwo should be resized. It doesn't make sense that he's as big as bowser. :chuckle:

even if his moves have the same reach. Hell he could even get Marth's grab imo. At least it's justifiable for M2 to have a grab range that long. Marth and DDD idk how they do it.
Lol I like the way you think.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I noticed the Marth thing too but it's best not to complain. I hate when my parents tell me how something isn't done when i haven't gotten to it yet or i'm working on it. Seriously. It annoys me beyond reason. So i can imagine the devs in a similar mood when people complain about stuff that they're still working on or haven't had a chance to get to yet.

NO COMPLAINING UNTIL THE FINAL PRODUCT IS OUT!!

Then you can ***** at them all you want :D

edit: **** this post was late.

so mewtwo's going to be made heavier right? is his nair going to have some priority?

Stevo

Smash Champion
lol mewtwo with float cancel. That would be kinda cool (and would make sense, seeing as he can float).

It would be worth a test drive at least I think
lol imagine floating with mewtwo across the stage using his neutral air :laugh:

would be so awesome.

the more I think of the things he could do, the more I would like to see this happen.
wouldnt take away from any strategies he had in melee either, would only add.

ok im done now

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Sadly most Brawl hackers are just gone for various reasons.
If anyone here was around in the beginning (omg wavedashing in Brawl!!!111!!1!1!!! and the dreaded 256 line limit) we had so many people willing to explore Brawl. Brawl is one of, if not the most deeply hacked console games out there and it's all because of those early hackers like PW, Spunit, and more. Whether their equipment broke, or they got bored, or got too busy to mess with video games, or moved on to new games (screw Super Mario Galaxy :( ) they left the Brawl scene. Now we have Dantarion. He's a wizard, and he has done things that NOBODY has ever been able to do with Brawl but he's only one man.

Gosh I remember the glory days... New discoveries were happening on a daily basis it seemed... But that was years ago.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
USB Gecko + ASM = Dantarion.

Seriously, ASM isn't easy to understand at all. And yes, there aren't any other hackers out there with his skills.

If you don't know what ASM is, I suggest you look it up.
Heh, I see you guys weren't kidding about that wizard thing, geez...

Edit: Suddenly, Dantarion: The Game seems to make a lot of sense :laugh:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I like Mewtwo's size alright... he's supposed to be a big pokemon. He should just have nice priority to compensate. Mewtwo should also definitely have ridiculous DDD-esque grab range... he's psychic after all. Couple that with his awesome throws and you got a throwing monster xD. Throws should still be his primary killers.

Edit: It's too bad Dan can't teach some of the devs or maybe pmbr members that have less to do and are interested, how he does what he does. But that would take even more of his time away... so, atm, he's the man.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Lol I like the way you think.
that's an EXTREMELY rare post. Thanks :p

Sadly most Brawl hackers are just gone for various reasons.
If anyone here was around in the beginning (omg wavedashing in Brawl!!!111!!1!1!!! and the dreaded 256 line limit) we had so many people willing to explore Brawl. Brawl is one of, if not the most deeply hacked console games out there and it's all because of those early hackers like PW, Spunit, and more. Whether their equipment broke, or they got bored, or got too busy to mess with video games, or moved on to new games (screw Super Mario Galaxy :( ) they left the Brawl scene. Now we have Dantarion. He's a wizard, and he has done things that NOBODY has ever been able to do with Brawl but he's only one man.

Gosh I remember the glory days... New discoveries were happening on a daily basis it seemed... But that was years ago.
I kinda remember. I joined because someone told me I they were hacking brawl to play like Melee. I showed up expecting Project Melee but i got Brawl+. Which was fun for awhile.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
We only have 1 member of the team who can do Landing Detection and DI, and that is Dantarion. It wouldn't make much sense to try and not gain headway on other items when you have specialties.
Except... DI isn't something any of us can fix, only one man can; same with landing detection. That one man is Dantarion and that man is too busy with clone engine and can do what he wants to do right now (and that is clone engine). So, we're not going to be just sitting here waiting weeks upon weeks doing nothing just so we have some definitive codes from Dantarion that fix these particular issues.

It is better to continue the work we have to do than wait on something that may never come to fruition (landing detection).

edit: freakin' ninja'd by shanus.
If this is the case then I guess your reasoning is justified. I just hope Dant gets around to fixing all of it.

EDIT: WHAT IS WITH CHEESEBURGER'S PROFILE PIC?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
lulz will there be a stream anytime soon?
Blue Waffle is disgusting.
I have friends who are regulars on 4chan... they showed me Blue Waffle. If you really want to know you can look it up yourself
I hope you get banned so I don't have to look at you're avatar anymore. :V

CheeseBurger

Banned via Administration
2 things.

1 I just ate 2 of your name.

2. Your profile pic looks like a busted, diseased, hairy, asian ******. WTF
lololol

obviously tryin to get banned
they see me rolling, they hating

Blue Waffle is disgusting.
I have friends who are regulars on 4chan... they showed me Blue Waffle. If you really want to know you can look it up yourself
I hope you get banned so I don't have to look at you're avatar anymore. :V
looolz

blue waffles is so hot, gets me off every night when i beat my meat

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm hopefully gonna get a livestream going on Saturday from a Melee tourney, with special guest commentary by the infamous Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom