• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
C0nn0r how do you and Dark.pch not know each other? weren't you both always on AiB lol

G

genkaku

Here's a funny question.
What did melee do wrong and what did brawl do right?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Lol, not really Stevo... but I'd rather hear what the devs would have to say in answer to that question. It would be more of an insight into what they think is worth keeping from Brawl and leaving out from Melee - the outliers.

So far and from what I've read, there are some buffs and stuff here and there that they are keeping from brawl. The only thing you could say that they appear to be keeping out from Melee is the character balance. The devs obviously want a more balanced game and they are achieving that in part by keeping some brawl things and making their own changes.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Here's a funny question.
For the brawl part:
1. Being able to grab ledges while facing the other way.
2. DACUS.
3. More characters.
4. Improved graphics.

For the melee part:
1. Made Kirby terrible.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
First one is debatable
I thought DACUS was an exploit of the physics/game, not something that was purposely implemented into the game.

shanus

Smash Hero
First one is debatable
I thought DACUS was an exploit of the physics/game, not something that was purposely implemented into the game.
Wrong:

Action0x26
@1298C
AttackDash,
-----------|START|--------------------------
Change Action - ID=0xE, Requirement=In Air,
Change Action(Status)(EXT=1) - StatusID=0x277A, ID=0x38, IC-Basic[1011] <= IC-Basic[3130]
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Button Held, Variable=0x3,
Additional Requirement - Requirement=On Ground,
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Holding Item,
Change Action(Status)(EXT=1) - StatusID=0x2779, ID=0x36, Requirement=Button Held, Variable=0x3,
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Holding Item,
Basic Variable Set - IC-Basic[23081], RA-Basic[0],
Concurrent Infinite Loop - 0x9, @127A4,
Change Action(Status)(EXT=1) - StatusID=0x276B, ID=0x30, Requirement=Button Pressed, Variable=0x0,
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Unknown(0x2725),
Additional Requirement - IC-Basic[1018] >= IC-Basic[3158]
Switch - 0x2710, IC-Basic[23188],
Case - 0x1,
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2731, ID=0x12, Requirement=Animation End,
Case - 0x0,
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2710, ID=0x0, Requirement=Animation End,
Default Case
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2710, ID=0x0, Requirement=Animation End,
End Switch
Change Subaction - AttackDash
----------------------------|END|-----------

Bolded line^^

jalued

Smash Lord
anyway what brawl did right and what melee did wrong (imo)...

brawl:

Better selection of characters.
Easier to pick up and play.
Some good character moveset changes such as ganons sideB, kirby's ariel hammers and fox's fair
Ability to customise controller (no tap jump, b-sticking etc)

what melee did wrong:

phantom hits!
unbalanced cast
very steep learning curve for some characters (arguably a good thing though)
random buffer on some moves when hit

that's all i can think of, its difficult to think of things brawl did well and melee did badly :p

Stevo

Smash Champion
I was gonna ask what DACUS is but I figured it out when I realized what the U and the S stood for.

I vote that this stay removed.

brawl did B moves right (for the most part.... *cough*whorenado*cough*)
many useless B moves in melee are usable in brawl.

jalued

Smash Lord
ledge occupancy, perhaps.
not really, i found that to be a pretty good mechanic, as it balanced alot of the characters (sheik and marth would have much better recoveries without it), and some low tier characters almost relied on it for edgeguards

but this has already been discussed, so lets not get back into it

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
DACUS still exists, but it's limited because of the increase in friction needed when transferring a character from Brawl to Melee. In Brawl every character basically slides around like Luigi which enables the really long DACUS like Snake, Wario, Sheik and more.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
As long as you can do it i'm happy. I enjoy being able to go into my Usmash instead of my dash attack if I want. Plus crouch cancelling, we'd have at least three different attack options while dashing.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
In brawl, Snake, Sheik, Link, Jiggs, Falco, Wolf, Wario, and Sonic can use DACUS. All of these characters have a dash attack that increases their momentum. I do believe Snake, Sheik, and Wario have the longest slides. Basic dash > up smashes with high speed characters like Falcon is different.

I suppose DACUS will be less key what with wavedashing kinda stealing its thunder, lol. But I hope to see it some still as just something else that can add depth to the game.

Edit:
I imagine Squirtle still has its "shellshifting"? (Even with the inclusion of wavedashing)
If so... cool.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think Squirtle still has shellshifting and they're supposedly doing or did something really cool with him for it or something else.

Revven

FrankerZ
I hope upsmash out of sheild comes back
Er... whatever build you were playing with, that's been fixed, it was something shanus was trying to fix but it just caused another problem (that problem being the one you were experiencing) so it was reverted.

To stop any kind of confusion from happening, I think you shouldn't post stuff like that.

shanus

Smash Hero
It was a modification of the JC grab code to compensate for cstick, and that resulted in unintentional removal of usmash out of shield and has since been reverted.

Regardless, this is not the thread for (uninformed) bug reports on a build you likely shouldn't have.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Here's a funny question.
Brawl rights:

RAR
DACUS
Pivot Grabbing

Melee wrongs:

Ledge Occupancy (Edgehogging is a free kill and its accessibility and ease of use makes it REALLY un-chivalrous. It should be a skill to perform)

Also, if its possible, could you give Roy a wall kick? If its not too much trouble its a small aspect that could aid in his terribad recovery and distance him a bit more from Marth in the playstyle department.

smakis

Smash Ace
roy with a walljump would be hilarious, make him able to upb cancel like mario and he will beast

I think most people think it's weird because of all the animations isn't perfect yet, it's the small details not adding up =), I trust the developers to make everything great in the end <3

Stevo

Smash Champion
I miss the good ol days before brawl
when every Advanced technique was a *something* cancel.

Jump cancel, crouch cancel, ledge cancel, l-cancel, meteor cancel, Illusion cancel, stock cancel.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm hopefully gonna get a livestream going on Saturday from a Melee tourney, with special guest commentary by the infamous Jason.
Could you possibly post the time in EST? I don't want to miss the stream, but I'll be doing stuff in the morning and afternoon, so it'll be helpful to know what I may or may not be missing.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sometime between noon and 10pm EST. I can't really be more specific than that at the moment. It might not happen at all. It depends if I can get internet access. But if I do, it'll probably be up most of the day, and I'll definitely post it in this thread.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I ment to say that while I played Peach that day, I also tried out meta to see if he was broken still. Here is what I got:

Meta is not broken anymore. But he seems to be a lil heavy. I had a hard time making it back to the stage even with all his jumps, plus a up-B. For that he can't seem to use Nado that well. I was able to break out easy when I was Peach Vs him. But thought that it might work better against fast fallers and big characters. So the use of nado is not lost. He just can't be gay with it against the entire cast.

Meta was surpassed everyone in brawl and on another level. So I can see that it would be really hard to make him somewhat balanced. That I understand. Though I would suggest that if you are gonna make meta a heavy faller, Boost the amount of height his jumps get. That of give him his regular weight. Having both these cons makes it a ***** to come back.

I like the fact though that he does not have a gilde attack after his up-B. its seriously crazy how he has 2 glide attacks. And mutiple jumps in brawl. So this was a good way to tone him down.

And his air attacks seem to be the same, which is not bad. But I think if you was to change his weight class or boost his jump height, he be balanced for now.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Er... whatever build you were playing with, that's been fixed, it was something shanus was trying to fix but it just caused another problem (that problem being the one you were experiencing) so it was reverted.

To stop any kind of confusion from happening, I think you shouldn't post stuff like that.
Oh ok i'll be careful of that sorry :(

Well on that note is meteor canceling gonna make a return as well. Couldnt do it when I did play. and at low % it was really powerful like I was at high percents or something.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're working on it. Meteor Canceling is currently at VBrawl timing, which makes it ridiculous in Project M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom