• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ridiculous hard to do? or ridiculous easy/OP'd?

I assume the first one?
We're working on it. Meteor Canceling is currently at VBrawl timing, which makes it ridiculous in Project M.
Go look up Meteor Cancelling if you still don't get it. Course, you'd get it from playing Melee though..

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Go look up Meteor Cancelling if you still don't get it. Course, you'd get it from playing Melee though..
I know what Meteor Cancelling is; I just don't know the window difference between Brawl and Melee. Pretty much my question was based on that. "Is it harder than it's supposed to be or is it too easy?" <--

I assume it's the first.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I know what Meteor Cancelling is; I just don't know the window difference between Brawl and Melee. Pretty much my question was based on that. "Is it harder than it's supposed to be or is it too easy?" <--

I assume it's the first.
In Brawl you have to wait roughly twice as long or something on that order before you can meteor cancel. In P:M it essentially makes meteors a much stronger edgeguarding/killing option, although I wouldn't say "broken."

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
disregard all of sora-kun's posts. He tried to say that mewtwo's recovery was bad.
disregard all of youngling's posts. He tried to detect such a PAINFULLY OBVIOUS JOKE but failed. Miserably.
In Brawl you have to wait roughly twice as long or something on that order before you can meteor cancel. In P:M it essentially makes meteors a much stronger edgeguarding/killing option, although I wouldn't say "broken."
Ok that explains it. The window just comes out later. I thought maybe the window was too big or something.
It's not harder or easier. The window in Brawl comes later. Thus it's less effective.
I see. Thanks for explaining.

D

Deleted member

Is Marth's sword attack range fixed in that video posted?

He looked more potent with spacing. I don't know what to think of it besides that it looked abnormal.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I'm glad there is a lot more polished Marth footage. It feels refreshing after about half a year of snake and falco.

Now I'm hoping for some AT and tech skill demonstration with Wolf. He seems to have a lot of pimp aspects but I haven't seen him in action. I just remember his nair being good.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I miss the good ol days before brawl
when every Advanced technique was a *something* cancel.

Jump cancel, crouch cancel, ledge cancel, l-cancel, meteor cancel, Illusion cancel, stock cancel.
ah man, those were the days... it was either a cancel or a dance. dash dancing, dodge dancing...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So... Any Ness mains played this yet?

Also, can Bowser still Klaw Hop?
I obviously don't main ness but played him. He has his melee feel back. He is not bad like he was in melee. He got his double jump cancel back. I got hyped when I noticed this. Ness will be realy good in a beast ness players hands. I defiently liked the feel of ness.

I did try bowser as well but did not check to see if he had his class hop. A member from the project M BR is coming to my house 2morrow, I can check that out for you.

abcool

Smash Ace
Does samus have her melee screw attack or brawl screw attack...I think the melee version is better because of the fact that you don't get punished out of it. I haven't played brawl much to know if u can send them off after the end of the attack and make it to the ground fast enough. Also can samus grapple cancel with her bombs? She does seem slower than in melee, but i need to watch more vids. Connor seems to prove me wrong alot XD. NEXT VID SAMUS ****!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Does samus have her melee screw attack or brawl screw attack...I think the melee version is better because of the fact that you don't get punished out of it. I haven't played brawl much to know if u can send them off after the end of the attack and make it to the ground fast enough. Also can samus grapple cancel with her bombs? She does seem slower than in melee, but i need to watch more vids. Connor seems to prove me wrong alot XD. NEXT VID SAMUS ****!!!
These 2 vids Vs Wes and me might be able to help. Though I never really noticed or could tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutUCfBI6sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgyuHwB8o-A

abcool

Smash Ace
I watched those vids already. Wes never used up-b oos on you at all. I guess he got a different style. I was told by another samus that the jab cancels weren't as useful as before, but that might have been an old built.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Speaking of bowser, I believe Jiang described him as the best edge guarder in the game. I'm all for buffing him to be the best in that department (bowser needs to be the best at something)... however, what attributes aside from his dair make him beastly at edgeguarding? He certainly doesn't look as versatile as Marth who can dtilt poke, neautral A intercept, counter, and dair spike...

So was Jiang exaggerating or what else beyond his dair make him good at edge guarding?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I watched those vids already. Wes never used up-b oos on you at all. I guess he got a different style. I was told by another samus that the jab cancels weren't as useful as before, but that might have been an old built.
I ask wes about these questions. he never tried to jab cancel. he is not sure about her up-B. But he said you can not grapple cancel with her bombs.

Speaking of bowser, I believe Jiang described him as the best edge guarder in the game. I'm all for buffing him to be the best in that department (bowser needs to be the best at something)... however, what attributes aside from his dair make him beastly at edgeguarding? He certainly doesn't look as versatile as Marth who can dtilt poke, neautral A intercept, counter, and dair spike...

So was Jiang exaggerating or what else beyond his dair make him good at edge guarding?
When I played him, unless I was seeing things, it seems his attacks have a lil more range. That might be it. But lots of his attacks have super amor. Thats one thing that makes bowser better.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I miss the good ol days before brawl
when every Advanced technique was a *something* cancel.

Jump cancel, crouch cancel, ledge cancel, l-cancel, meteor cancel, Illusion cancel, stock cancel.
More canceling than your Gamecube has RAM for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom