• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe he does not go into special fall after Egg Roll, but I'm not entirely sure. You could test sometime to confirm that one.

I have no comment for the last sentence.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that it would take twice as much effort and time to make two characters as it would to make one.
True, a costume for YL at least would be fine

not so simple. when presenting a change in the design of something, you have to explain why, not ask everyone else why not.
Well the design already exists it's just re-adding it, but I get your point, I don't have time to type up a lengthy essay on why I think he should be in but it's not a big deal anyways, if people want more diversity you could go with Shadow I guess, fiery jet shoe attacks and chaos powers haven't been done yet lol, would be interesting at least

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
the visual differences between young link vertex and TL hurtbox may be too desproportional and eye deceiving to be put on use though.

Well, I support Shadow, that character may have potential interesting metagame.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
the visual differences between young link vertex and TL hurtbox may be too desproportional and eye deceiving to be put on use though.

Well, I support Shadow, that character may have potential interesting metagame.
B: Gun
>B: Chaos Control
^B: Chaos Control
VB: Reflector shield

I'm pretty sure we don't need a fourth Fox clone.
lawl, but seriously; I think P:M should be finished before fans start demanding more new content :p

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
tbh, with the effort the P:M team is putting in to this game, no one has the right to complain about characters outside Brawl's full roster. :/

It's a huge subjectivity/bias/opinion contest/war/debate/arguement to add new characters, even if they were in previous games, unless you bring back all lost characters from previous games, which more than likely isnt going to happen.

Anyone who has the nerve to complain really shouldn't have the right to play imo.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
he's making pichu you **** fool.
Firstly: Link? All I saw was a picture of Naruto on the CSS on his Twitter, so I just assumed.

Second: **** yes. Delicious Pichu.

Dant, do this for Pichu:
• Better range on everything.
• No self-damage with Agility and Skull Bash.
• Not as ****ing light.
• Much faster falling.
• Re-create Perfect Agility (the 1 frame lag landing with Agility)
• Make it harder to SDI out of F-smash.

Do this and I will love you.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
he's making pichu you **** fool.
Sorry. I had no way of knowing that since i'm not checking the twitter thing. That's good news though.

and for the love of god do not put that stupid *** character from that mediocre anime. <_<
I know you weren't going to anyway but i'm just sayin'.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Pichu? Interest level: 0

Also, I am going to make Pichu personally if we make pichu.
I am going to base Pichu's playstyle on a mix between melee and the way I think stingers would fight based on his posts. Thats right, Pichu is going to be a emo troll character if I have my say. You heard it here first.
Interest level increased.

Anyway, are you going to speed up certain projectiles like Samus's Missles and Snake's nikita??
Samus's missles were faster in Melee IIRC and Snake's Nikita is very slow and I doubt it's usefulness in this engine.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dantarion can do what he wants and isn't obligated to do anything over something he wants to do. In fact, he could just say "screw it" and quit if he wanted to

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I say ban Pichu from tournaments but make him the most retardedly good character on the game. Make him faster, Heavyier, and have his electric moves heal him instead of damage him.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
And since he's making pichu an emo troll character, it should yell angry phrases instead of saying it's name.
/pichumoreannoyingthankirby

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Today I was watching some Diddy videos on Momosugar's channel. I'm a little worried about the hardcore spamming.
I mean, in Melee, characters like Young Link aren't successfull because even if the camp hard, they can't do it That fast (lag when getting a bomb or throwing a rang) and therefore get hit anyway (other than having some huge priority problems in general).

This doesn't mean that I want Diddy to suck LOL (he's one of my favorite actually) but some tests will help I think. In Brawl he's already ****, but with PM being faster I dunno if he loses or gains something. It's hard to judge now, I know.

I would increase a little his lag when throwing out bananas.
Just my 2 cents.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I still think Mario's down b should be the "spin" that he does for Galaxy. From my perspective it seems it'd be the easiest to animate (not sure about matching the sfx though) and actually makes a lot of sense as a recovery since its used to gain mobility and height in SMG.

However, for balancing purposeses, he should only get his height and mobility boost (during use) once per jump.

However, Mario should keep FLUDD while on the ground.
In regards to this quote made yesterday...
Another interesting idea where a special has very different properties in the air then on the ground. This one seems even harder to accomplish then the Roy one. Maybe the fludd should stay on Mario's back when he's in the air and the spin should release a bit of water that pushes back , but traps if used when the opponent is below or "inside" the fludd's spray, if you know what I mean. That way you could have the best of both worlds... maybe.

Now on topic, :p
I think it's great that Dan is working on Pichu first - it's a better first character to try and tackle. People seem to have a lot more invested in Roy and Mewtwo, and as such, they need to be thought out carefully. There is a wealth of potential ideas for these two and the mods are probably sitting on them, brainstorming, and trying to make sound plans. For those who don't like Pichu, think of it as a test run for the bigger characters. And for those that do like Pichu, think of this as an opportunity to help formulate ideas to encourage Dan to make a surprisingly awesome first character comeback.

Revven

FrankerZ
Today I was watching some Diddy videos on Momosugar's channel. I'm a little worried about the hardcore spamming.
I mean, in Melee, characters like Young Link aren't successfull because even if the camp hard, they can't do it That fast (lag when getting a bomb or throwing a rang) and therefore get hit anyway (other than having some huge priority problems in general).

This doesn't mean that I want Diddy to suck LOL (he's one of my favorite actually) but some tests will help I think. In Brawl he's already ****, but with PM being faster I dunno if he loses or gains something. It's hard to judge now, I know.

Just my 2 cents.
You can tech trips, this includes Diddy's bananas. So it's not really a problem you should be concerned with.

jalued

Smash Lord

Just my 2 cents.
*watches the videos*

The diddy was very awkward and obviously was used to a brawl enviroment where camping is favoured. He couldnt properly combo off the bananas but needed them to approach, so was forced to keep retreating

With a bit of practice, diddy will be amazing and very combo oriented. Just have faith in the metagame as its not even started yet.

reducing the number of nanas available to one would help force him to be more aggressive, but its far far too soon to tell if that is needed

I do think though that his physics need to be tweaked so he is more of a FFer, or lower his SH hight as he seems to have problems hitting grounded characters with ariels

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Dantarion can do what he wants and isn't obligated to do anything over something he wants to do. In fact, he could just say "screw it" and quit if he wanted to
Although you're completely right, I think jahkzheng was the one that responded more like a developer; thanks anyway.

Im just worried that Dant working on Pichu might hinder the work on landing detection, which without question has much more priority. But as you said, he can do whatever he wants :laugh:

shanus

Smash Hero
Although you're completely right, I think jahkzheng was the one that responded more like a developer; thanks anyway.

Im just worried that Dant working on Pichu might hinder the work on landing detection, which without question has much more priority. But as you said, he can do whatever he wants :laugh:
Landing detection is kind of a needle in a haystack. We have several ideas of where to look, but all need to be investigated and Dant pursues what interests him most (right now working on pichu is directly in line with him finishing his clone engine, so its obvious why those two line up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom