• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
What I said was a common sense statement due to Brawl hitstun cancel.

You can't expect every post to point things perfectly correct, you could a least point out an observation, then I would agree with you since I became too used of saying that Brawl has lower hitstun instead of saying that Brawl has hitstun cancel. Which, is evidently not correct.

Other than that, thanks for pointing my post as cool <3

I play Melee from 2004 until today FYI Jalued, and after all, Flip Jump Kick isn't a spike.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Pikachu for top tier.

Nothing wins games like constant "Pika Pika!" as you dash dance across a platform.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Pikachu for top tier.

Nothing wins games like constant "Pika Pika!" as you dash dance across a platform.
Unlike other "for top tier" posts, this one isn't that lolzy because Pikachu was already a top tier in smash 64 and thanks to Axe remains to be known as one of the most underrated melee chars.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Unlike other "for top tier" posts, this one isn't that lolzy because Pikachu was already a top tier in smash 64 and thanks to Axe remains to be known as one of the most underrated melee chars.
Sora's Golden Rule: Never let facts get in the way of a joke.

or something like that.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I guess Knuckles isn't good at fighting....

Not decided yet. Stop asking.
It was never really shown that he did anything but throw haymakers around, Shadow was built and designed for combat to protect the earth, sure Knuckles may have some fighting skills but he wasn't created for the sole purpose of battle

And I only asked once, don't get so antsy to attack people.

Sonic Battle was disgusting.
I thought it was pretty good, not the point though, it offers some ideas for fighting techniques

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I really think it would be better to discuss what is already being done with the game/characters already in it instead of arguecraft about what will be done with the clone engine, unless it relates directly to the discussion/development of said characters, like with the three links.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I thought it was pretty good, not the point though, it offers some ideas for fighting techniques
Well, i was partially joking around ;P

Sonic's cool in an annoying little prick kinda way.

But when i think of "Sonic Battle" I think of that escape from the city song which is with no arguments the worst song i've ever heard.. well.. maybe second only to some of lil' wayne's **** but still. The rest of the game is just fine.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Well, i was partially joking around ;P

Sonic's cool in an annoying little prick kinda way.

But when i think of "Sonic Battle" I think of that escape from the city song which is with no arguments the worst song i've ever heard.. well.. maybe second only to some of lil' wayne's **** but still. The rest of the game is just fine.
That song's not from Sonic Battle; it's from Sonic Adventure 2.

I have a question that I hope hasn't been answered somewhere else (I checked the FAQ, but I could have missed something). After going between Brawl, 64, and Melee, I noticed that Melee is the only one that I have trouble short hopping in. Is it going to be harder to short hop in Project M than in Brawl, or is it more of a controller thing? (I've been playing Brawl and 64 with a Classic Controller).

I'm really looking forward to this, and I really like the effort that's being put into it. Keep up the good work.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
That song's not from Sonic Battle; it's from Sonic Adventure 2.

I have a question that I hope hasn't been answered somewhere else (I checked the FAQ, but I could have missed something). After going between Brawl, 64, and Melee, I noticed that Melee is the only one that I have trouble short hopping in. Is it going to be harder to short hop in Project M than in Brawl, or is it more of a controller thing? (I've been playing Brawl and 64 with a Classic Controller).

I'm really looking forward to this, and I really like the effort that's being put into it. Keep up the good work.
Wtf i thought it was called Sonic Adventure 2: Battle?? o.O

-reads the box again- wtfwtf

no srsly o.O

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Sonic Battle was a GBA title, Sonic Adventure 2 was for the dreamcast e than rereleased to Gamecube as Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Some people actually like the "Escape from the City" track though

Oh well, I guess was more than well explained by now :V

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was Sonic Adventure 2 ported from the Dreamcast to the Gamecube.
FFFFFFFFF Wow they totally did that to **** with my head.. Disregard everything i said about Sonic Battle <_> Sorry ppl.

Sonic Battle was a GBA title, Sonic Adventure 2 was for the dreamcast e than rereleased to Gamecube as Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Some people actually like the "Escape from the City" track though

Oh well, I guess was more than well explained by now :V
"Follow me.
Set meh free
blah blah city"
Srsly that's a rhyme i'd expect to hear from my 5 year old brother who thinks he can rap.
And wtf is up with following someone's rainbow. Sounds pretty homo to me.
That song disgusts me.
The whole song is juvenile and bad. It sounds horrible imho.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I'm celebrating.

edit:
You don't want to talk about a track from a game completely different from the one this thread is about do you? lol

There will be any streams this weekend JCaesar?

I was only responding to you. I'm not even attempting to continue the "Song of a Million Brain Dead Morons" discussion. ^_^

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It was never really shown that he did anything but throw haymakers around, Shadow was built and designed for combat to protect the earth, sure Knuckles may have some fighting skills but he wasn't created for the sole purpose of battle
You know him, the fighting freak Knuckles. And he's at Pumpkin Hill.

>_> You ready?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I can see how he came to the conclusion you were short with him. You directly quoted him and then told "you" to stop asking. There was no way he could've known what you meant without reading your mind, or pretending that the context of your sentence was irrelevant and taken it in a vacuum.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You only asked once. Everyone else has already asked once for you and their mothers.
I assure you, he is very sorry for not reading the past 1000 pages to get an answer to one simple question. We all realize how hard it is to answer a question multiple times. I think my fingers have started melting just typing this up. Such a hassle.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think someone should just post EVERY question asked in this thread in the OP, because all I've been seeing is the same **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... people dont even have to read the entire thread, READ TWO PAGES BACK ffs

and the project M staff always seems so mad when they have to answer the same **** lol. a list would be easier for everyone =)

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Wow, you really are ignorant, you know nothing about his moves, you shouldn't act like you do.
Why are you so butthurt about a fourth Fox clone? Seriously.

If you're really suggesting Shadow fights for his friends, and putting him over Knuckles, a character clearly designed for power and combat; I think this discussion is over.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I wish sonic's moveset had been based on sonic battle. That game made his fighting style seem so much more fluid. And it gave him a pseudo-projectile.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sora for worst tastes of the century.
OMGRLY?? I'd like to thank the academy.. and.. *tears* all the people i've stepped on to get this far ;_; THANK YOU ALL.

But srsly, I'll gladly accept as long as my opinion about that horrid song remains.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Sonic Battle was disgusting.
You sir are an embarrassment to society and other unpleasent nouns. Good day.

Sonic Battle was amazing gtfo and any Sonic character moveset based on that game would be equally amazing

But srsly. If we're thinking of the same game it's that one with the song about the rainbow city. That insta-killed it for me. Just sayin'.

fffff

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
You sir are an embarrassment to society and other unpleasent nouns. Good day.

Sonic Battle was amazing gtfo and any Sonic character moveset based on that game would be equally amazing

fffff

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Chill bro. I already established that i was thinking of the wrong game because i thought Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was Sonic Battle.

Since i was wrong and admitted i was wrong, there's no need to rage anymore man. :D

Escape from the city is still absolute trash though and i'm NOT changing my opinion on that.

*added* and this is what i meant by "sonic's fanbase". You're so defensive even though i was obv kidding when i judged a game based on a song. D:
And to put the icing on the cake; it was the wrong game anyway @_@
I should play more sonic games so i don't get this shiz wrong.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
I wish sonic's moveset had been based on sonic battle. That game made his fighting style seem so much more fluid. And it gave him a pseudo-projectile.
I think Sonic is a pretty fluid fighter to an extent; he's just too repetitive.
He didn't need two spindash-esque specials, and he certainly didn't need his forward tilt to look so... strange. I don't like how repetitive his ball attacks are, or how his recovery involves item-spawning a spring.

I think Sonic's legs (for obvious reasons) should be more of a strong point in a moveset than the spin of his balls. Notably, his up-air. It feels great to get a kill with it.

If we're talking Sonic Battle, his down air could have been more like his Aim Attack (for when he rebounds off of a wall, or pursuits a target after launching them) and his forward tilt on the ground could have been more like the Heavy Attack.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
If we're talking Sonic Battle, his down air could have been more like his Aim Attack (for when he rebounds off of a wall, or pursuits a target after launching them) and his forward tilt on the ground could have been more like the Heavy Attack.
His current down air is actually really similar to his Jump Attack from that game. I'd like the Aim Attack to go on his forward air, giving it similar applications to mario and yoshi's forward air. I could just keep throwing ideas out on this.

Are those turnip bomb's staying in? I know it's random but I didn't even know she could do that. And it looked like Ganon's up smash became his up tilt.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
His current down air is actually really similar to his Jump Attack from that game. I'd like the Aim Attack to go on his forward air, giving it similar applications to mario and yoshi's forward air. Plus it'd be awesome if his dash attack was the windmill kick from battle. Actually I could just keep throwing ideas out on this.
Actually yeah, it would fit the forward air more, with that spiking finish. I don't know what I was thinking with the down air, especially considering I main Peach solely because of her forward air. But obviously, I'd want it to spike down like Mario's.

Yeah, same; the ideas for Sonic just don't stop. I'd be happy if he dealt with less balls.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Are those turnip bomb's staying in? I know it's random but I didn't even know she could do that. And it looked like Ganon's up smash became his up tilt.
It simply looks like brawl up smash has been replaced with melee up smash. I actually liked his brawl up smash - less "cloned" and actually a pretty good move what with the iasa - but whatever lol. Never saw utilt or anything that looked like it could be a replacement... but I'm not at all surprised not to have seen it if it's the same highly situational move it's always been.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's funny because I already fixed Ganondorf's ledge grab range, his box pretty much matches up with his body and the box is just slightly away from where his hands are during his Wait1. I matched it to how it looked in Melee and in relation to his body.

I could make it shorter in width but then that ****s with Ganondorf because it's already pretty **** short compared to what it was before. And let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. I can look at it again but, what happened there is probably not going to be fixable unless you want the ledge grab box to be completely inside Ganondorf (which by the way, Melee had a good deal of width with ledge grab boxes).

The main issue I'm fixing is how far below you can grab the ledge with a character and then matching their ledge grab box (if they were in Melee) to their Melee ledge grab range. Brawl characters I just mess around and see what works. I'm sorry if you don't want a character grabbing from 12 inches away, but, their arms actually reach for the ledge now before they actually grab the ledge. I have to take that animation into consideration, on top of the fact that Melee also had ledge grab boxes that had a decent amount of width.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't comment on ledge grabbing until I'm completely done with every character and I'm also satisfied with every character.

In fact, here's Ganondorf's ledge grab box in Melee:

See how much width he has? I copied that width as close as I could in relation to Ganondorf's body and his Melee grab box. You can't complain if it was like that in Melee, now can you? (Smaller blue box is the ledge grab box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom