• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Ha, only thing I could possible think of that would make his recovery better within reason is if there was a quick nair effect upon return. Just shocking anyone with a quick , not prolonged shock.

Also, Mewtwo's weight shouldn't be increased too much, but he should have a crazy good momentum cancel *shrugs*

I thought Momentum Cancel was a Bwarl Technique?

and i was joking about his recovery @_@ wasn't his recovery really long? He just died quickly.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Totally agree btw. Ganon looks awesome. Aesthetically I'd change his dair to look like it did in brawl but with Melee quickness. And like I said before, I like brawl's upsmash. These are just the small things I'd change if I had any say, but I think I'll still like Ganon a lot in any case.
This. Is it that hard to port Melee Dair's hitbox over Brawl Dair's? Because I just love
brawl dair's animation.
Ganon will still be awesome either way, anyway.
you guys make me sick....seriously

NatP

Smash Ace
Because, IMHO, it looks awesome and just seems an attach ganon would do. BUT this doesn't matter that much, since I obviously won't not play P:M just because of it lol.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@RedHalberd

yea it is "win", to Brawl fans

but i can guarantee you that most melee players (main audience) find it very unappealing. And it's not like devs took their time and effort into making it >_>

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
@RedHalberd

yea it is "win", to Brawl fans

but i can guarantee you that most melee players (main audience) find it very unappealing. And it's not like devs took their time and effort into making it >_>
Stop judging an animation off of the game it comes from.
That's seriously disturbing.

Revven

FrankerZ
kaizo, we will specially let you know when the camera has changed, ok? We're very busy with Clone Engine right now and other things.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Rub it in some more. <_<
Okay.

Man. I sure do love Moonwalking with Sonic:M.

It's also pretty cool to play on these classic stages.

And god does Marth feel like he did in Melee, but better!

I think P:M is pretty cool and i feel nice when I let Smashers on base who are near me and in the navy play too and they get to appreciate this fine project.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Okay.

Man. I sure do love Moonwalking with Sonic:M.

It's also pretty cool to play on these classic stages.

And god does Marth feel like he did in Melee, but better!

I think P:M is pretty cool and i feel nice when I let Smashers on base who are near me and in the navy play too and they get to appreciate this fine project.
Thank you sir. I'll go cry now.

-siiigghhh-

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Umm, general question/suggestion, Ganondorf's high and low sidetilts look stupid, why not make them a scoop kick or sidekick toward the knees and a roundhouse and hook kick to the head, at least it'll look more natural/useful

You know him, the fighting freak Knuckles. And he's at Pumpkin Hill.

>_> You ready?
I like that level... and the song <_< >_>

You only asked once. Everyone else has already asked once for you and their mothers.
**** sorry I don't get the time to follow this daily, too much schoolwork.

Why are you so butthurt about a fourth Fox clone? Seriously.

If you're really suggesting Shadow fights for his friends, and putting him over Knuckles, a character clearly designed for power and combat; I think this discussion is over.
...Wow I just realized you're trolling. **** I've been away from the internet too long.

Seriously though Shadow's has the necessary traits and abilities for a cool unique moveset.

Oh and Sonic has a lot of spinball type of attacks because he's not a martial artist, he just attacks in some crazy way he thinks will work(which is what I like about him) and speeds off, he's a hit and run type.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hmm, just got back and I'm sorry my Ganon thoughts apparently caused some... trouble? Lol?
I hope the "seriously sick" comment made by Kaizo was just a joke, but it's hard to tell. Everyone's entitled to their thoughtfully formulated opinions and I respect the fact that he/she prefers Ganon a certain way. I was just trying to give my thoughtful opinion... *shrugs*

Personally, I don't necessarily like the look of his brawl dair more than his Melee one, but at least it looks unique from Falcon's - plus, imo, the arms down straight legs animation appears more powerful. Again, just my opinion.

I guess this is kinda related to one of my only worries in this entire awesome project. That is, how will characters that have been given a uniqueness in brawl retain that uniqueness or rather, even attain more unique moves in PM? As far as my dair thoughts go, it wouldn't even change the attributes of the move's physics, only the animation. Like I've said though, I'll definitely play this mod in any case as I was quite a fan of Melee and one of my fav characters was Ganon.

On a different topic, I hope the devs are having fun with their new clone engine and all the ideas it must be letting them realize.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
sorry but i forgot to ask but what exactly is the clone engine? is it something to do with making character slots?
Exactly.
We can now add completely new characters without having to replace a current character.
Dantarion said he's gotten custom slots for Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo working (the PMBR has our hands on a fully working Roy, though he's currently pretty bad... because it's Melee Roy).

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I guess this is kinda related to one of my only worries in this entire awesome project. That is, how will characters that have been given a uniqueness in brawl retain that uniqueness or rather, even attain more unique moves in PM?
I was wondering that myself. I thought falco's new stuff would be kept at first but since he's a melee topper, it makes sense that they didn't keep it. I'm going to miss those moves though. Being a bird after all, they just fit.

I also enjoy how some of the more useless moves on some characters are being changed. Lucas has Offense Up instead of freeze, lucario has swords dance and extremespeed does damage (I think. Only saw one stream). It's all very interesting and I can't wait to see what other new stuff comes up.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Exactly.
We can now add completely new characters without having to replace a current character.
Dantarion said he's gotten custom slots for Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo working (the PMBR has our hands on a fully working Roy, though he's currently pretty bad... because it's Melee Roy).
ah, thats good to hear, i did kinda guess from the name but i wanted to know for sure.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
I also enjoy how some of the more useless moves on some characters are being changed. Lucas has Offense Up instead of freeze, lucario has swords dance and extremespeed does damage (I think. Only saw one stream). It's all very interesting and I can't wait to see what other new stuff comes up.
Wait whut? Lucario's swords dance? whats new about it? I saw a video that lucario can do a ES on the ground and one in the air and still attack afterwards...and now it attacks just as a move...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom