• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Wall of Text
wow, you have too much fantasy :p i'm pretty sure smth like this will never work.

^ Cool

In ganon's sideB, has the time from when he drops you to when you touch the ground changed from vB/B+? Because in the videos people seem to have problems teching it. That should be second nature by now.

Also, (besides being an entertaining combo vid) this video shows Marth doing some insta-landings on platforms above him. Im not familiar with that vB AT, can some explain it or point to where it's explained and tell me if it's going to be in PM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A&feature=recentlik
lol, I looked it up because I had never seen it either, you have to press down just as you move passt a moving platform and you'll land on it without any lag.

jalued

Smash Lord
^ Cool

In ganon's sideB, has the time from when he drops you to when you touch the ground changed from vB/B+? Because in the videos people seem to have problems teching it. That should be second nature by now.

Also, (besides being an entertaining combo vid) this video shows Marth doing some insta-landings on platforms above him. Im not familiar with that vB AT, can some explain it or point to where it's explained and tell me if it's going to be in PM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A&feature=recentlik
that video is amazing, does mr r play melee at all, cause he would be amazing

G

genkaku

Spam Arrows raises an interesting question, albeit in his own dramatic manner.
I know that there's no specific date set or even desired, but about how far away is beta? The last projections I heard were late August (so much for that) and Pound 5. Is it possible to give us a reasonable estimate?
I think we could all sit a little easier if we knew about how close it is.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We'd love to be able to give you an accurate projection of when or if a beta will be available, but we really can't. Such an estimation can put pressure on the development team and rush development, causing sloppiness. Rest assured we're working as quickly as we can while still making sure we're doing everything correctly.

shanus

Smash Hero
We'd love to be able to give you an accurate projection of when or if a beta will be available, but we really can't. Such an estimation can put pressure on the development team and rush development, causing sloppiness. Rest assured we're working as quickly as we can while still making sure we're doing everything correctly.
quoted for most professional post strong bad has ever made

Raqib

Smash Cadet
That's what she said.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because I was going to post pretty much the same thing, but I asked if I was allowed considering i'm not part of PMBR, and SB said he got it. lol.

And I meant SB stole my post.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Anyways, the differences between Pikachu and Pichu:
-Pichu is lighter and quicker than Pikachu
-It does more damage with electric attacks, but it also hurts itself
-It had two taunts in Melee (but I guess that doesn't really matter, since it'll have three this time)
****, no.
Don't ever come back onto this thread.

As for Pichu those differences aren't interesting, how's he gonna be made different?
You don't ever come back either.
Pichu and Pikachu are as different in playstyles as Falco is to Fox.

------------------

I just sent in an application to join the PMBR so I can have control over how Pichu develops, but I'm just going to keep posting my ideas here and repeating them so they don't get lost on previous pages:

• Agility does not put Pichu into special fall. However, he can only use it once in the air.
• Perfect Agility is replicated from Melee.
• Agility and Skull-Bash no longer cause recoil damage.
• Thunder can be ledge-cancelled.
• Pichu is unaffected by recoil while invincible (e.g. after re-spawning)
• All of his attacks should have extra range and be dis-jointed slightly (to match or beat Up-Tilt).
• Faster falling speed.
• Retain Pikachu's Quick Attack Cancel technique.
• Make SDI-ing out of Fsmash much more difficult.

jalued

Smash Lord
._. at this whole post.
plz no.
im not going to lie, his initial comments were pretty insulting...but his points for pichu were valid.

how about aura style for pichu, could be enrage or something so the more % he has, the more powerful he becomes (idea already discussed on old pichu creation thread)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
im not going to lie, his initial comments were pretty insulting...but his points for pichu were valid.

how about aura style for pichu, could be enrage or something so the more % he has, the more powerful he becomes (idea already discussed on old pichu creation thread)
I don't like the aura idea personally, but I guess it could work.

Oh, and my comments weren't THAT insulting. :p

This. If you're going to make a stupid post, why do it at all?
u only mad cuz I was stylin' on u :lick:

Considering how you thought that Pichu = Pikachu apart from self damage, extra taunts and being lighter and quicker (also how you seemed to think Pichu does more damage :confused:), I'm not the one making stupid posts here.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
I don't like the aura idea personally, but I guess it could work.

Oh, and my comments weren't THAT insulting. :p

u only mad cuz I was stylin' on u :lick:

Considering how you thought that Pichu = Pikachu apart from self damage, extra taunts and being lighter and quicker (also how you seemed to think Pichu does more damage :confused:), I'm not the one making stupid posts here.
u mad? lawlawlawl

jalued

Smash Lord
could also be interesting to make pichu's jolt (B) JCable as long as it did a few % self harm. Pichu should be as monuverable as possible, so this could really help

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
u mad? lawlawlawl
No u.

could also be interesting to make pichu's jolt (B) JCable as long as it did a few % self harm
...interesting... I fail to see a practical application though, it's already a pretty safe move to use, and with the buffing of agility above (no putting into special fall and QAC as well as Perfect Agility) he could escape pretty well after using it anyway.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
see post below

pretty much expresses my concerns.

All I'm saying is hope for this premiering at Pound 5 is pretty much dashed. It'll be closer to Pound 6 probably when It's released. By then you can't even be sure people will be willing to play Melee or this. Games communities have died in an instant. All I know is it's getting to the point where my hype is gone. Doesn't mean I don't want to play it when it comes out but after about a year of anticipation and seeing as now the new discoveries are going to hold up it's release even longer that I'm just like....what ever. I'm not done with PM I'm just tired of caring about it if that makes sense.

Oh and before you pull the "We've been working on this longer then you've even known about it so imagine how we are feeling" I gotcha. I understand whomever is thinking this. You've got a valid point too. You put alot of work into when you don't have too. You could all stop now if you wanted too. That's understandable. However you've also gotta realize the frustration of people who have no interaction with this game at all. I mean think about it. You literally JUST put the controller down from playing Project Melee. Your not eyeballing the thread ever half-hour hoping to catch a glimpse of something new or to see new designs, stages, character builds etc..... If your own the cutting edge and have unlimited access and control over the game you couldn't imagine the amount of patients use just sitting and waiting for hours, days, weeks, months, seasons, soon to be a year.

again I'm not mad, raging, *****ing, or condemning the project or devs. I just think those of us titling are thumbs, waisting are time day by day should at least be commended for patients and loyalty instead of being ridiculed.

*returns to lurk mode*
It's alright to be hyped for this project, but at the same time, it's probably a good idea to consider investing more time into other activities while you wait. It was obvious that this P:M was going to take a long time to complete, people should just be patient.

Rappster

Smash Ace
reasonable enough.
can we get an approximate list of things that the pmbr wants to do/resolve before the beta comes out?

what i think would be most effective in a beta would be 8-10 polished characters (top tiers / popular chars from melee & brawl if possible). perhaps you could modify the stage selection screen to make others unplayable.

jalued

Smash Lord
No u.

...interesting... I fail to see a practical application though, it's already a pretty safe move to use, and with the buffing of agility above (no putting into special fall and QAC as well as Perfect Agility) he could escape pretty well after using it anyway.
or even make grounded lightning (downB) JCable but remove the final hitboxes around his body

D

Deleted member

Give Pichu significantly less endlag from using his neutral b.

May as well give him a reason to use that thing if he's gonna kill himself with it.

Also, I had an idea regarding Pichu's self damage and the Discharge idea from the PSA hack.

Set a capacity for Pichu's self damage to 25%. He cannot damage himself more than 25% in one stock until Discharge is released.

Once Pichu hits 25% self damage at the max capacity, he gains the ability to use Discharge. Upon using discharge, he heals himself for 25% and his next two smash attacks, throws, or B-moves get buffed in some sort of nice way.

I was thinking you could map Discharge to a taunt and make an animation for it and maybe taunt cancel it to activate it quickly.

Pichu would have great incentive to use self damaging moves, still has the vulnerability of extra damage, and a reason to intentionally damage himself to camp at low percentages.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I'm crossing my fingers for Dant's Pichu/Stingers "emo troll" hybrid. Dant's never let me down before.

In all honesty, some power-up move would be nice. Maybe one of his taunts switches you from low damage output, no self-damage to high damage output, higher knockback, and self-damage. Nasty Plot, I guess.

jalued

Smash Lord
Well, all of these things people are suggesting (including you) have the potential to be good ideas, but my main focus is for a major buff on Agility to give his playstyle more depth. As long as he has that, I'm happy.
but really pikachu's QAC is more depth than anything else you can do with QA, including no freefall after. Pichu doesnt have lucarios ariel kill potential, so im failing to see why no freefall after QA would benefit a largly ground based KO and edgeguarding character.

Surely if you want pichu to be completely unique, then he should have a completely different arsenal and focus than pikachu

and drpeppers idea is nice

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why...?

10whyz.
Well first of all, your input isn't any better than anyone who's already in the PMBR, and most of the ideas you listed have already been brought up. Except the ones that are lulzy.

• Agility does not put Pichu into special fall. However, he can only use it once in the air.
• Retain Pikachu's Quick Attack Cancel technique.
both no free fall state and QAC would easily make it one of the best (if not the best) moves in the game.

• All of his attacks should have extra range and be dis-jointed slightly (to match or beat Up-Tilt).
Umm, ok. i could agree with more range, but disjoints? The only attack that should be disjointed is fsmash (maybe the sparkles on fair/dair too, if it's possible). Anything else just wouldn't make sense.

• Faster falling speed.
pichu's a tiny rat. his falling speed in melee is fine.

G

genkaku

Thanks for the considerate reply, SB.

what i think would be most effective in a beta would be 8-10 polished characters (top tiers / popular chars from melee & brawl if possible). perhaps you could modify the stage selection screen to make others unplayable.
This seems a little silly to me. It would require all universal modifications to be completely finished (landing detection and the like) and at that point the full beta with a full roster would be close enough that a partial beta wouldn't be practical or necessary. This is besides the bit where a partial beta would defeat the entire purpose of having a beta stage in the first place.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Give Pichu significantly less endlag from using his neutral b.

May as well give him a reason to use that thing if he's gonna kill himself with it.

Also, I had an idea regarding Pichu's self damage and the Discharge idea from the PSA hack.

Set a capacity for Pichu's self damage to 25%. He cannot damage himself more than 25% in one stock until Discharge is released.

Once Pichu hits 25% self damage at the max capacity, he gains the ability to use Discharge. Upon using discharge, he heals himself for 25% and his next two smash attacks, throws, or B-moves get buffed in some sort of nice way.

I was thinking you could map Discharge to a taunt and make an animation for it and maybe taunt cancel it to activate it quickly.

Pichu would have great incentive to use self damaging moves, still has the vulnerability of extra damage, and a reason to intentionally damage himself to camp at low percentages.
I hate to just shoot down people's ideas, but wouldn't that be pretty over-powered? Pichu can damage himself 25% very quickly and easily.

but really pikachu's QAC is more depth than anything else you can do with QA, including no freefall after. Pichu doesnt have lucarios ariel kill potential, so im failing to see why no freefall after QA would benefit a largly ground based KO and edgeguarding character.

Pichu is only ground-based if you count SHFFLing as a ground technique. His whole strategy in Melee is mind-gaming into SHFFL'd nairs and up throws > juggle. Doesn't seem very grounded to me. But I agree, the no free-fall was probably just my imagination running wild.

Surely if you want pichu to be completely unique, then he should have a completely different arsenal and focus than pikachu

He does. Pikachu's playstyle is hardly based around quacking.

and drpeppers idea is nice
Well first of all, your input isn't any better than anyone who's already in the PMBR, and most of the ideas you listed have already been brought up. Except the ones that are lulzy.

I am the one who has been bringing these ideas up, and considering I am (as far as I know) the only decent Pichu player who actually has taken interest in Pichu:M, I believe my opinion should at least be considered, just as Laijin's has been considered for YLink.

both no free fall state and QAC would easily make it one of the best (if not the best) moves in the game.

Exactly. It's a good move, Pichu is ****, it's called balancing. Also keep in mind that Agility has start-up lag and you can hit Pichu out of it.

Umm, ok. i could agree with more range, but disjoints? The only attack that should be disjointed is fsmash (maybe the sparkles on fair/dair too, if it's possible). Anything else just wouldn't make sense.

Slight disjoints. It doesn't have to make sense, this is a video game. One of the main problems with Pichu in Melee is his horrendous range, he literally has to be inside the opponent for most of his attacks to hit.

pichu's a tiny rat. his falling speed in melee is fine.

Again, this is a video game. By that logic, Falco should be floaty because of his wings. Giving him a faster falling speed (Note: Faster, not necessarily fast) would improve his SHFFLing, a pivotal part of his strategy.
If you don't know how Pichu plays by the way guys, probably best to stay out of this. :)

jalued

Smash Lord
hmm but then pikachu's playstyle (axe's anyway) revolves around SHFFL'd nairs grabs, tech-chased Upsmashes and upair gimps... i dont really see the difference. Pichu just had less options than pikachu...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol. i realize pichu has horrible range. i think everyone and their mom realizes he has horrible range. that why i agreed to a range buff, but he doesn't need disjoints. you don't need super awesome range to be good. just make the other parts of his game better.

and i also get pichu has a great recovery, so there's no need to buff it with no free fall. no free fall doesn't enhance any other aspect of his game either.

on the other hand, QAC would help his shield pressure/pokes game A LOT (which is already one of his better aspects in melee), so i'm fine with that. but both is just, no.

Game logic still has to make sense somewhat. this is why all sword attacks are disjointed and falco has a huge fullhop.

falco is a fast faller because of the weird space thing, like fox also being a fast faller and being one of the lightest characters in the game. and vice versa with samus.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
surely that only boosts his recovery though... hardly game changing, plus i thought pikachu could do it too
Nah bro. It gives him a super-wavedash pretty much. The Pichu boards are still experimenting with it and perfecting it's use, hell, I'm writing a pocket guide to it at the moment. Pikachu has it, but it's too laggy to be worth using. Pichu gets only 1 frame of lag.

EDIT @ Spelt:
Jigglypuff's bair, Peach's dsmash, etc...
And you realise that unless we increase the size of Pichu's model, extra range = disjoints.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or you can just increase the size of the bones during the certain attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom