• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link40

Smash Cadet
You will not make an extra Young Link slot with the clone engine ? =/
Because I think I'm not the only one who would like to keep both T-Link and Y-Link...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I love watching people show up and post stuff like it's never been posted here 9000 times before.

I really really really think that the working clone engine despite how great of an achievement it is has thrown the whole project off imo. I say focus on finishing the characters that already exist and leave the cloning for afterwards. If people let their nerdism and fanboyism out and everyone starts going cloning and creating new characters then we'll all be here posting in this thread and waiting for open beta testing come October 3rd 2011.:urg:

*back to lurk mode*

I R MarF

Smash Ace
And here we go again -_-
I love watching people show up and post stuff like it's never been posted here 9000 times before.
GOD, I really love everyone's ability to empathize on this board. Honestly, can you really expect new posters to read all 1000+ pages? Even 40, or 30? You certainly can't blame them for not reading the last 5 because most of it was unproductive nonsense.

If people want to prevent questions from being repeated, expand the faq. That way, you can just respond to newbies to the thread with a "read the faq" post.

So please, grow up and stop making remarks like these two fine gentlemen I quoted. Either answer the man or don't say anything at all. Expressing annoyince is uncalled for because this issue is highly preventable.

*End Rant*

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
GOD, I really love everyone's ability to empathize on this board. Honestly, can you really expect new posters to read all 1000+ pages? Even 40, or 30? You certainly can't blame them for not reading the last 5 because most of it was unproductive nonsense.

If people want to prevent questions from being repeated, expand the faq. That way, you can just respond to newbies to the thread with a "read the faq" post.

So please, grow up and stop making remarks like these two fine gentlemen I quoted. Either answer the man or don't say anything at all. Expressing annoyince is uncalled for because this issue is highly preventable.

*End Rant*
Who said anything about reading past pages? I'm not mad at the guy. I just think it's humorous. Imagine the thought process that must go through their minds. It's different when someone says "I'm not sure if this has been asked already but *Insert already asked questions*". However when someone is just like. "You know I bet this is such an original post or question." Then posts the saaaame **** it's like..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Empathy, how the **** does that work? Opinions and interpretations everywhere up in this *****.

Also, Swords Dance/Nasty Plot (should be Nasty Dance, btw) is kind of like Offense up for Lucas... but instead of just boosting smash attacks, it gives Lucario, I think 1/3, 2/3 and full aura respectively. It's an interesting mechanic, IIRC.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAMMbbFt2I (as it was linked before) is awesome as hell. Those RAR knees from Falcon. Gonna be super nasty.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
But Doc and Mario combined to make something better than they ever were apart. YL/TL seems like 80% YL, though. I don't want to insult the devs with my opinion, but I think they'd be better as separate characters. Mewtwo isn't a clone... and that's really all I can offer TLMS.

Roy and Pichu are fan favorites, though I'd imagine Pichu's gonna get some interesting new mechanics. Can't way to see Roy and how he works.

Laijin

Smash Hero
But Doc and Mario combined to make something better than they ever were apart. YL/TL seems like 80% YL, though. I don't want to insult the devs with my opinion, but I think they'd be better as separate characters.
To clear things up, right now TL is 75% TL and 25% YL. There is still a ton of work to be done, but the devs ARE going to essentially make Toon Link more so into Young Link, while taking the parts that are simply better with Toon Link and keeping it making Young Link into a better character overall.
So pretty much when their done it will essentially be a buffed up Young Link rather than not so fun and extremely boring Toon Link from barwl or the almost good Young Link from melee.

D

Deleted member

no more Young Link Toon Link talk

you *****es watch this NOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAMMbbFt2I
California Gurls on Dreamland 64? You ****ing genius.

Its still dumb. Its just bias that ppl dont want to add Doc and YL but mewtwo roy and pichu are being added. :/
And it isn't bias that people want these characters?

Its just as logical to create a fusion between the clone like characters of TL/YL and Mario/Doc as it is to not add them.

Just use a texture hack with those chars.

shanus

Smash Hero
I think the countless hours of work that goes into building a character from scratch is more than enough to justify our decisions. People don't appreciate the manhours that go into this project and come to expect everything they want. Take a step back please.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
tbh, with the effort the P:M team is putting in to this game, no one has the right to complain about characters outside Brawl's full roster. :/

It's a huge subjectivity/bias/opinion contest/war/debate/arguement to add new characters, even if they were in previous games, unless you bring back all lost characters from previous games, which more than likely isnt going to happen.

Anyone who has the nerve to complain really shouldn't have the right to play imo.

REPOSTAN GAEMZ

you all need to stop being fgts

D

Deleted member

Guess what? It happened in Brawl too if you hold towards the stage. And it only happens if you hold towards the stage, if you don't, you die.
It'd be nice if Falcon were to have that for his Raptor Boost if he doesn't already have the ability to grab ledge from on the stage.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It'd be nice if Falcon were to have that for his Raptor Boost if he doesn't already have the ability to grab ledge from on the stage.
Falcon probably has it too [didn't check], but he probably moves too fast and it out of ledge range quickly.
-DD

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
*Clone engine emerges* *Release date for Project Melee gets pushed back 7 more months*
This post too, holds some words of wisdom. The priority of the project has changed to making new characters. That could have been left to AFTER finishing the main game. So in short words: main game, release, cool extra stuff. I understand that not everybody is working on clone engine/new characters, but there are less doing so, which means more time until it's done. Again, Im not demanding anything, just worried that the project might lose momentum or (God forbid) die before it's even born. Just want the project to succeed. But at the end of the day, you guys are the developers, so you know what you're doing.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the focus right now is on just completing the engine, not on making the characters yet. Obviously landing detection is still being looked into, it's just not something that has found any leads yet.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Trying to tell the devs what should have priority isn't gonna make the game release any faster. They know what they are doing and it will be released when it's ready. Plain and simple.

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
I believe if you flick down the control stick right b4 he goes off the edge falcon can do it in brawl.

Also this project seems to be going great! Can't wait til it comes out!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This post too, holds some words of wisdom. The priority of the project has changed to making new characters. That could have been left to AFTER finishing the main game.
Who says that the removed Melee characters that we're likely to incorporate should be thought of as "bonus" or "add-on" characters? That thought process just begs for Roy or Mewtwo to be thoughts of as being "tacked on," regardless of the amount of polish on the characters.

D

Deleted member

Yeah ^^

And the devs have some of their work done for them with the clone engine characters. Some have even worked on those PSA hack clones before this too.

There are vertex hacks of Mewtwo and Roy along with conceptual ideas that improve Pichu and Roy's metagame from previously made PSA hacks.

Just sit tight and wait.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There never was a release date so no worries :)
see post below

This post too, holds some words of wisdom. The priority of the project has changed to making new characters. That could have been left to AFTER finishing the main game. So in short words: main game, release, cool extra stuff. I understand that not everybody is working on clone engine/new characters, but there are less doing so, which means more time until it's done. Again, Im not demanding anything, just worried that the project might lose momentum or (God forbid) die before it's even born. Just want the project to succeed. But at the end of the day, you guys are the developers, so you know what you're doing.
pretty much expresses my concerns.

Trying to tell the devs what should have priority isn't gonna make the game release any faster. They know what they are doing and it will be released when it's ready. Plain and simple.
All I'm saying is hope for this premiering at Pound 5 is pretty much dashed. It'll be closer to Pound 6 probably when It's released. By then you can't even be sure people will be willing to play Melee or this. Games communities have died in an instant. All I know is it's getting to the point where my hype is gone. Doesn't mean I don't want to play it when it comes out but after about a year of anticipation and seeing as now the new discoveries are going to hold up it's release even longer that I'm just like....what ever. I'm not done with PM I'm just tired of caring about it if that makes sense.

Oh and before you pull the "We've been working on this longer then you've even known about it so imagine how we are feeling" I gotcha. I understand whomever is thinking this. You've got a valid point too. You put alot of work into when you don't have too. You could all stop now if you wanted too. That's understandable. However you've also gotta realize the frustration of people who have no interaction with this game at all. I mean think about it. You literally JUST put the controller down from playing Project Melee. Your not eyeballing the thread ever half-hour hoping to catch a glimpse of something new or to see new designs, stages, character builds etc..... If your own the cutting edge and have unlimited access and control over the game you couldn't imagine the amount of patients use just sitting and waiting for hours, days, weeks, months, seasons, soon to be a year.

again I'm not mad, raging, *****ing, or condemning the project or devs. I just think those of us titling are thumbs, waisting are time day by day should at least be commended for patients and loyalty instead of being ridiculed.

*returns to lurk mode*

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Who says that the removed Melee characters that we're likely to incorporate should be thought of as "bonus" or "add-on" characters? That thought process just begs for Roy or Mewtwo to be thoughts of as being "tacked on," regardless of the amount of polish on the characters.
Well you are adding them; they were not part of the main game. That fact can make them being thought of as tacked-on regardless of when they were added. I even think it would be better if after releasing the beta, you announced that you were gonna be full at work with the new characters. It's gonna show that you're gonna dedicate time to the quality of those.

ds22

Smash Lord
Lets just stop complaining about it already.
Mewtwo, Roy and most likely Pichu are going to be part of mainstream PM, which means they will be tourny legal and part of the release.
If the release has to be pushed back because of that, then that just is to bad.

V-K

Smash Ace
Can you change the title of the game? If you type in Project M in Youtube, you find a lot stuff that has nothing to do with it lol

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Also, Swords Dance/Nasty Plot (should be Nasty Dance, btw) is kind of like Offense up for Lucas... but instead of just boosting smash attacks, it gives Lucario, I think 1/3, 2/3 and full aura respectively. It's an interesting mechanic, IIRC.
That sounds sweet :D Is this an alternative to lucario raised power with high damage over time or does he still have that + Nasty Plot? (favorite move with persian ^_^)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
People complaining about new characters:

Our focus has not changed, we were planning on this day coming eventually, and it did. We haven't even started on any new characters yet. Calm down, stop making assumptions, we still have lots of characters to work on. While yes, it's true, we will probably start working on new characters before all of the other characters are done, but honestly, we have more than one person working, and our efforts are always divided. They are part of the game, they will need to be worked on too. Sorry, but deal with it.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
^ Cool

In ganon's sideB, has the time from when he drops you to when you touch the ground changed from vB/B+? Because in the videos people seem to have problems teching it. That should be second nature by now.

Also, (besides being an entertaining combo vid) this video shows Marth doing some insta-landings on platforms above him. Im not familiar with that vB AT, can some explain it or point to where it's explained and tell me if it's going to be in PM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A&feature=recentlik

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
random hype idea

The other day i was thinking about the awesomeness of this project and this random trailer idea ocurred me:

You need:
1 big tournament
1 setup with P:M
1 kit of video capturing stuff
1 camera guy
3 well known pro players

Proceedment:
Get early to the big torunament, intall the setup and the video capturing stuff to the tv.
Pro players 1 and 2 start playing P:M, but they will only select Melee top tier characters and Melee stages for the pourpose of the trailer.
Camera guy films everything, like a behind the scenes.

Pro player 3 hides near the entrance of the tournament area and waits.
Whenever another pro player enters the the area he aproaches:

"Hey dude, wazup?"
"Hey hows everything?"
"Cool, cool...hey man i herad [Pro player 1] and [Pro player 2] are having a beastly money match right now lets go'"
"Ok, lets go"
(This 4th Pro player is the victim)

Then they reach the P:M area and start watching the match, everything must look like if it was Melee.

Some combos later the match ends, and the brawl winning animation shows up...

Pro player 4 goes like ... O.0 "W-T-F"... camera guy captures the reaction
Then everyone goes lol.

Pro players 1,2 and 3 tell Pro player 4:
"Oh you weren't expecting that, wanna try it?"
"Sure thing sir"

Then everyone plays, now they can select any character they want.
Camera guy captures every "omg!", "wtf!" and funny comments
After that Camera guy interviews Pro player 4 asking for his opinion, he goes like: "This sheet is great man"

Rinse and repeat with different smash personalities.

Video starts like
Black background, white font, no sound, fades in:
"WHAT NEEDS A SEQUEL TO BE A TRUE SUCESOR?", fades out. Then fades in:
"THE PRO'S APPROVAL", fades out.

Now rapid cuts of the camera footage with the original sound:
P:M team arranging the setup, cuts to >
Pro 3 hiding, cuts to >
Pro 4 entering and "Hey...Pros 1 and 2 are playing", "Ok, lets go", cuts to >
Pros 1 and 2 playing > last stock > GAME! > brawl winning animation > -'O.0 "...W-T-F...",
epic music fades in, cuts to >
Laughs > "...wanna try it" > Pro 4 sits to play > "omgs!", "wtfs!" and funny comments.

Now with the epic music playing repeat that with every pranked player but just the O.0 reaction and the "wtfs!" when he's playing.

Now rapid cuts to footage of the games captured, the combos, the skill, the awesome kills and the lols, then fades out.

With the original sound, now fades in the interviews: "This is Project M, What do yo think?"
to te responses:
"This is Awesome!" > "This is what i'm talking about" > "This Aint brawl!" > "This sheet is great man"... fades out.

Black background, white font, no sound, fades in:
"THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY" ...fades out. fades in:
"THIS IS PROJECT M, WHAT DO YOU THINK?"...fades out, fades in:
"more info at www.smashmods.com
please visit www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260812" ... fades out.
"[Credits fade in and out in parts]"

End.

I'm an afficionate video maker and i just wanted to share this with you cause i think it would be pretty cool ;).
Oh and sorry for the bad grammar and not really knowing how americans talk :embarrass.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom