• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
:o

But srsly. If we're thinking of the same game it's that one with the song about the rainbow city. That insta-killed it for me. Just sayin'.

ikr =P
Sonic battle music had no words.

Not a single song.

Anyway, as much as I like Sonic battle, I think Sonic's current moveset is fine as is. Nair was kinda disappointing to me, but the rest of his moveset flows beautifully (and nair isn't even BAD).

Though if I wanted to make my ideal Sonic, I'd throw Sonic's heavy attack on d-smash, throw Sonic Wave on side B, and fuse his old side B with down B (not sure how this would work). But meh, he works fine as is.

So about making Roy and Mewtwo good <_<

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sonic battle music had no words.

Not a single song.

You bad
Ya, i realize that i was thinking of "Sonic Adventure 2: Battle"

I dont usually waste my "get a new game" opportunities with sonic games <_< So i know as much about sonic as i do a ****ing nuclear reactor.

I was wrong.
x20

but srsly why is this still an issue? my bashing of Sonic Battle (AKA the wrong game) was a joke. My real aim was to bash that stupid song. i take every opportunity to do so.. i hate it that much.. if that song were a race.. there'd be some genocide up in this *****.

Anyway, that does explain something <_> when everyone wanted to reach through the screen and slap me silly i wtf'd a little. "how the hell can anyone love THAT game so much =_="

Mystery = solved.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'd protect that song because it contains childhood memories (when I played Sonic Adventure 2 I was like 10 and thought the song was the greatest song ever and still think it's catchy even though it's lame)

Anyway, that does explain something <_> when everyone wanted to reach through the screen and slap me silly i wtf'd a little. "how the hell can anyone love THAT game so much =_="

Mystery = solved.
Sonic Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic game ever. There were multiple paths in each level, the camera was good at following you (something the newer games never get right Q_Q), style actually mattered for score, and the storyline wasn't terrible (okay, Shadow's was, but the rest of the game made some sense).

The vs mode was entertaining, Chao Rasing and Breeding was dangerously addictive, and each level had places you didn't know even existed (until you did the find the lost chao mission that is :p).

It was a great game that even non Sonic fans enjoyed. How anyone can hate THAT game is beyond me.

/Sonic fangasm

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
He just, doesn't like the song, let him be :B

Even Sonic Adventure 2/Battle was as awesome as it is(never got all the emblems T_T), Sonic Battle for the GBA wasn't that great though, but the movesets could be useful to this project in some way.

But imagine Sonic with a Meteor Smash and a projectile such as Sonic Wave... >_>

BTW, no one can't like White Jungle's Rhythm and Balance track. :D

Is this getting pretty offtopic or it's just me?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Stingers posted ways a little while ago.

IIRC it was make mewtwo a heavy (wtf why is he so light), get rid of his tailbox, speed up ftilt, and something else.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sonic Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic game ever. There were multiple paths in each level, the camera was good at following you (something the newer games never get right Q_Q), style actually mattered for score, and the storyline wasn't terrible (okay, Shadow's was, but the rest of the game made some sense).
Nope.

Sonic Adventure 1 is the best 3D Sonic game, but this is not the thread for that.

Anyways if anything from the GBA games should make Sonic's moveset, it should be TATSUMAKI SENPUUKYAKU.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Dude, I looooved the jazzy hiphop for Knuckle's stages. SA1 and 2 were so awesome, I think I'm gonna play them over when I get home.
I like to dig holes in search of gold
(born on an island, in the heavens)

Large pots of treasure, make me feel much better
(the blood of my ancestors flows, inside me)

/knucklesgasm

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Though if I wanted to make my ideal Sonic, I'd throw Sonic's heavy attack on d-smash, throw Sonic Wave on side B, and fuse his old side B with down B (not sure how this would work). But meh, he works fine as is.
^This. I wanted those exact same moves in the exact same spots when brawl first came out.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Dont ****ing change lucas!
Unless he is getting a faster upsmash better back air(its ok now though) or a faster more useful projectile or better up air.

He is so good right now his smash attacks hitboxes are ****! Great with platform traps and his down airs is amazing pressure/combo ability

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
^This. I wanted those exact same moves in the exact same spots when brawl first came out.
I 2nd that, but I would scrap all of that for a heavy down smash attack and the sonic battle spike for down air. Ive always wanted the sonic wave from sonic battle, but sonic can weave past projectile spammers easily so a projectile for him would just hinder sonics in your face taunt then attack. :D

although I think throwing chaos emeralds would be pretty hilarious.

Also could diddy at least have one banana? I really dont want to see anymore banana spaming with diddy :(

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sonic convo is over then. Opinions over this topic won't change so it's pointless. (and we actually have something P: M related to discuss now.... i think?)

Ok time to contribute..

Mewtwo's recovery was terribad. You guys should buff it.
*hides*
Oh and doesn't he need a better jab?

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I wanted to do that and you complained. :ohwell:
Ha I wouldn't complain about that *^_^*

After watching a few vids your right falco, sorry about that.

And mewtwo..... honestly I thought he was great in melee.. only needed some more weight for his crouch counter game... and to live a bit longer... maybe a more reliable spike.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Oh just thought of something. Falco said that everyone had lost their stall then fall moves except for sonic. Did that include ZSS as well?

bleyva

Smash Ace
just noticed in the ganon vs ganon video that he no longer holds his toe out like a fairy on his downB.

nice touch, whoever took care of that.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Ok time to contribute..

Mewtwo's recovery was terribad. You guys should buff it.
*hides*
Oh and doesn't he need a better jab?
Ha, only thing I could possible think of that would make his recovery better within reason is if there was a quick nair effect upon return. Just shocking anyone with a quick , not prolonged shock.

Also, Mewtwo's weight shouldn't be increased too much, but he should have a crazy good momentum cancel *shrugs*

Totally agree btw. Ganon looks awesome. Aesthetically I'd change his dair to look like it did in brawl but with Melee quickness. And like I said before, I like brawl's upsmash. These are just the small things I'd change if I had any say, but I think I'll still like Ganon a lot in any case.

NatP

Smash Ace
jahkzheng said:
Aesthetically I'd change his dair to look like it did in brawl but with Melee quickness. And like I said before, I like brawl's upsmash. These are just the small things I'd change if I had any say, but I think I'll still like Ganon a lot in any case.
This. Is it that hard to port Melee Dair's hitbox over Brawl Dair's? Because I just love
brawl dair's animation.
Ganon will still be awesome either way, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom