• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
^i'd like that, and the down-B could be a charge like Lucas/Lucario

speaking of lucas(ness too)...
could you guys make it so that while recovering they just dont randomly bounce off ledges? i mean if it were more like fox's upB it would be a little less bad.and just for kicks make it possible for wave...er...downB-ing with lucas.(ness too, hes kinda bad atm)

and lucas's charge should be able to roll out of like lucario's.

now about Yoshi.
so far so good, but his side-B should come out faster and cancel into arieals like Squirtle's so its not completly usless. his up-b still needs work. the way the eggs aim is off:
lets say for example i want to throw an egg directly above me, it slowly drifts off behind me usually missing its target. this also makes it harder to throw higher and farther foward. the eggs in B+ were very good i'd like if you could go for this. im just hoping the physics dont scew him over yet again...

lets see who else?....ah, ICs...
hobble?CG? what are you gonna do with these guys?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I like how people want to nerf characters by removing their ability to switch/xform into a new character simply because they're part of the group that doesn't switch back and forth between two characters all for the sake of a new down b.

Revven

FrankerZ
^i'd like that, and the down-B could be a charge like Lucas/Lucario

speaking of lucas(ness too)...
could you guys make it so that while recovering they just dont randomly bounce off ledges? i mean if it were more like fox's upB it would be a little less bad.and just for kicks make it possible for wave...er...downB-ing with lucas.(ness too, hes kinda bad atm)

and lucas's charge should be able to roll out of like lucario's.

now about Yoshi.
so far so good, but his side-B should come out faster and cancel into arieals like Squirtle's so its not completly usless. his up-b still needs work. the way the eggs aim is off:
lets say for example i want to throw an egg directly above me, it slowly drifts off behind me usually missing its target. this also makes it harder to throw higher and farther foward. the eggs in B+ were very good i'd like if you could go for this. im just hoping the physics dont scew him over yet again...

lets see who else?....ah, ICs...
hobble?CG? what are you gonna do with these guys?
1) Tried, it's not easy to fix.

2) Lucas down B allowing WD would be silly (silly in that there are already ways to use it, adding a JC would just make it way too obvious to use and we don't want it to have that kind of functionality that Fox's shine does).

3) It's a 1 second charge, it doesn't have "levels" of charges like Lucario's neutral B so a roll out of it wouldn't save a charge. Unless you mean just to cancel it in general, which could be doable.

4) Yoshi as a whole isn't quite nearly done but he has a lot of Melee hitbox ports and such. We'll consider your feedback.

5) ICs aren't going to be touched for awhile, they are a pain in the *** to worth with coding wise.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Is there an interest in making a vertex hack for Yoshi to make him more like SNES and Smash 64 instead of the deformed abomination he's become?!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
What he needs, IMO:

-DED3Down with set knockback, being setup to DED4forward and harder to get out

-Old and faster DED4Up animation

-Harder to get out DED4Down, sweetspot sending people to tipper range and tipper sending back to sweetspot range back and forth until the attack ends.

-A little larger Midair jump

-Tipper DED3forward setup to DED4Up

-DB3up animation as Uptilt

-improved old setups (dtilt, tipper dair/uair, shffld Fair etc) and new setups(DED internal setups, Uptilt...)

-Counter lasting a little longer

-Better UpSmash

-Tipper usefulness(like the poping people back idea from that PSA)

-New and better Flare Blade

many other changes... :D
^Everything this guy said^.

He should get Marth's Shield Breaker as his B attack.

But yeah, FireBall pretty much has the exact same thoughts on the matter as me.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, does lucario still have his aura mechanics from vbrawl or is it set to a certain power?

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, does lucario still have his aura mechanics from vbrawl or is it set to a certain power?
I think they removed it but gave him a power up (at least, currently). Of course I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh no, camping? what is that? seems like a completely foreign term that has never been in any other fighting game ever.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Oh no, camping? what is that? seems like a completely foreign term that has never been in any other fighting game ever.
I know that but i thought that was their reasoning; because the aura encourages you to play overly defensive to live as long as possible and extend the time you have kill power.

Just stating what i read.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
woahhh you got it + legit reaction

i like you

you're smarter than the average P:M thread post rofl
I like you too. We should moonwalk together sometime.

They aren't synonymous.

Camping is staying in one position, turtling is moving around.

They are actually antonyms, good job.

EDIT: Well... Camping has sort of become synonymous with Turtling in the Smash community, but still...
No actually Turtling is playing squirtle.
that's why some people call it squirtling.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
1) Tried, it's not easy to fix.

2) Lucas down B allowing WD would be silly (silly in that there are already ways to use it, adding a JC would just make it way too obvious to use and we don't want it to have that kind of functionality that Fox's shine does).

3) It's a 1 second charge, it doesn't have "levels" of charges like Lucario's neutral B so a roll out of it wouldn't save a charge. Unless you mean just to cancel it in general, which could be doable.

4) Yoshi as a whole isn't quite nearly done but he has a lot of Melee hitbox ports and such. We'll consider your feedback.

5) ICs aren't going to be touched for awhile, they are a pain in the *** to worth with coding wise.
1. -.-
2.lol...
3.just for general purposes, so as not to get too easily punished
4.coolthx
5.ah, ok...

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bring the Mario's recovery topic again, is just that i havent got the time to post lately.

The thing is that judging the way Melee's gymping strategies and soon Project Melee's, sometimes for characters who are easy to gymp or lack of proper momentum or safe landings, their best option is to recover from down(vertically) instead of horisontally depending on the situation.

Lets put for example Mario getting a big hit and getting thrown diagonally upwards off the stage. If he is too far away, he can either jump and get as close as possible to the edge and then use the cape to get more high before doing the up b, or save the jump and try to get as close as possible with the aerial momentum the character has and then use jump and then cape or cape and then jump, and then up b. same goes with fludd if the situation is if you are thrown diagonally upwards.

But if u get thrown diagonally downwards and far away from the stage, the fludd will be useless because it only gives horisontal momentum and it wont give him as much high as needed for him to recover. Thats why tornado is needed. Tornado gives both horizontal and vertical momentum so you can use it to get more high if u are thrown diagonally upwards or downwards and it allows you to save the jump, cape and up b to when you actually need them.

Having the ability to revover from down allows you to force the oponent to either get off stage and try to gimp you and put themselves in danger, or else they let you recover.

Thats why I personally think that tornado would be more usefull. And besides, without Brawl's edge sweetspotting, there's no need for fludd to be used as a gimping strategy if u have the cape to do all the work.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
sorry to bring the mario's recovery topic again, is just that i havent got the time to post lately.

how about no

the thing is that judging the way melee's gymping strategies and soon project melee's, sometimes for characters who are easy to gymp or lack of proper momentum or safe landings, their best option is to recover from down(vertically) instead of horisontally depending on the situation.

and? That's the way the cookie crumbles.

lets put for example mario getting a big hit and getting thrown diagonally upwards out of the stage. If he is too far away, he can either jump and get as close as possible to the edge and then use the cape to get more high before doing the up b, or save the jump and try to get as close as possible with the aerial momentum the character has and then use jump and then cape or cape and then jump, and then up b. Same goes with fludd if the situation is if you are thrown diagonally upwards.

one situation. Ooooooooo man you sure got me. I never once said tornado wasnt useful and i know it has its advantages over fluud, but overall, i believe it does not. And if ledge occupancy is brought back, all the person has to do is wait for tornado to finish happening and just rollll back onto the ledge. Just like they already do against doc and mario. :|

but if u get thrown vertically downwards and far away from the stage, the fludd will be useless because it only gives horisontal momentum and it wont give him as much high as needed for him to recover. Thats why tornado is needed. Tornado gives both horizontal and vertical momentum so you can use it to get more high if u are thrown diagonally upwards or downwards and it allows you to save the jump, cape and up b to when you actually need them.

tornado is not neeeded. At all. It's wanted. It's desired. But most deff not needed. And tornado does not give mario a horizontal boost. Just vertical. V:

thats why i personally think that tornado would be more usefull. And besides, without brawl's edge sweetspotting, there's no need for fludd to be used as a gimping strategy if u have the cape to do all the work.

except cape cant gimp as far out as fluud can, and fluud is more effective vs horizontal recoveries than cape is.

: v

.Marik

is a social misfit
You mad because you're wrong. :yoshi:

I haven't spoken to you in a while, what's good?

Also, I asked this question earlier, but nobody answered it. How is Yoshi coming along?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So... Once we get the clone engine sorted out, will we have a hybrid between Tink and Yink, or seperate characters?
I already said it's not been decided.
Hmm, if adding characters is no problem then why not?

One link for the people who thoroughly enjoyed him in SSBM and the other for people who actually like TLink and his playstyle from brawl. The difference between the 3 Links could be similar to Fox/Falco/Wolf, obviously YL would be the fast annoying ******* like Fox and TLink would be the somewhat floatier character like Falco.

Hey more playstyles why not? I don't think Melee purists will rage seeing 2 younger Links that were in both smash games. You can only enrich this project by adding more characters with different playstyles.

If you want Young Link to be more different you can look to the PSA for him already out there or look at MM for inspiration. There's already a vertex out for YL too.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
luigimax - Ignore Neko. >:V

We're still tossing ideas around (and eventually working on these ideas) for the DownB. One cool thing now is that it's easier to wall-jump at the end of his UpB. (It had a tiny window in Melee IIRC)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Aura is different and Lucario has been made much more consistent with his attack properties. His new DownB increases Aura up to... lvl 3 I believe (just a guess). His Smash attacks, most notably Fsmash, are very powerful already so the knockback would lead you to believe he's at max Aura when charged, but the damage is not at max. (btw, only his Smash attacks, Dair, Fthrow, Upthrow, Aura Sphere, and Nair have aura)

As he is now, Lucario feels much more rushdown oriented with him being a fastfaller and having greater overall speed and a great wavedash.

A couple issues I have with him so far are that I believe his DownB should give some moves Aura properties (Preferably on Upair, Bair, and UpB), his roll is p. bad, Nair is awfully slow, and his Aura Sphere is waaay too strong. It does 24% and kills as fast as Fsmash. These are relatively minor things though. I think the new Lucario is a very polished and well-done character.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I still think Mario's down b should be the "spin" that he does for Galaxy. From my perspective it seems it'd be the easiest to animate (not sure about matching the sfx though) and actually makes a lot of sense as a recovery since its used to gain mobility and height in SMG.

However, for balancing purposeses, he should only get his height and mobility boost (during use) once per jump.

However, Mario should keep FLUDD while on the ground.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hmm, if adding characters is no problem then why not?

One link for the people who thoroughly enjoyed him in SSBM and the other for people who actually like TLink and his playstyle from brawl. The difference between the 3 Links could be similar to Fox/Falco/Wolf, obviously YL would be the fast annoying ******* like Fox and TLink would be the somewhat floatier character like Falco.

Hey more playstyles why not? I don't think Melee purists will rage seeing 2 younger Links that were in both smash games. You can only enrich this project by adding more characters with different playstyles.

If you want Young Link to be more different you can look to the PSA for him already out there or look at MM for inspiration. There's already a vertex out for YL too.
Keep in mind that it would take twice as much effort and time to make two characters as it would to make one.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
4) Yoshi as a whole isn't quite nearly done but he has a lot of Melee hitbox ports and such.
I told you to look back at Falco400's post.

Kind of ninja'd though.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
but if you want something specifics marik i kinda summed it up.:
now about Yoshi.
i also was able to rising nairs for what its worth. DJC works wonders aswell. the recovery is iffy but nothing a little tweak wont hurt. pretty much evey smash can kill past 100%+. we got that nasty awesome dtilt with crouch canceling. i didint test if you go into falling state after side-b though. and im pretty sure we have shield options aswell. bair could use some priority, come out faster and last longer.

so in conclusion, still some work to go. but he's developing as nicely as a really cute loli...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom