• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ike... Maybe a tad faster than Marth?
We already have our boy to be faster than Marth ;)
Now that we have Roy, it's just a matter of making him... you know... good. Some cool things to consider about Roy is that he ranks among the characters who spawn at kill % (the guy recovers like he's SSB64 Link) which means his onstage game can be daaamn ****. His physics really promote a much faster air to ground game than Marth, and his moveset just needs to actually complement his physics instead of just being awful.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I assumed that he meant that he wanted Ike to fall a tad faster then PM Marth. I wouldn't know if Ike already falls faster then Marth in this mod, but I'd imagine he would. Obviously he falls faster in brawl...

-- Edit
*enters post and page refreshes*
*looks above*
...and there's your informed answer xD

...or wait... he was talking about Roy, not Ike?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Now that we have Roy, it's just a matter of making him... you know... good. Some cool things to consider about Roy is that he ranks among the characters who spawn at kill % (the guy recovers like he's SSB64 Link) which means his onstage game can be daaamn ****. His physics really promote a much faster air to ground game than Marth, and his moveset just needs to actually complement his physics instead of just being awful.
So rather than changing roy's overall physics, you'll be adjusting his moveset to complement them? Will his second jump at least be a little better? His second jump in melee got almost nowhere.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
This, let's talk about Roy

nao

Rikana

Smash Champion
What vertex hack are you going to be using for Roy? Does it closely resemble Melee Roy?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
In his idle animation Roy should have his Sword on the sheath all the time, only taking it out for the attacks.

And of course he needs to have a sheath this time lol

:B

His midair jump needs to be a little higher, still being short, but in melee it's just too short.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I wonder how hard it would be to add his sheath? I feel like I remember hearing that there was some kind of data for it in Melee that was never used... but now that I think about, probably not.

Lol fireballs... your edit kicked me off the previous page...

GuruKid

Smash Ace
In the event you missed it and don't go back and read pages.

Will there be PM setups at this?
I will be attending the second day of ROM3 (maybe both days... depends on my ride) and will bring a setup for people to try P:M. I'm sure other members of the PMBR will show up as well; it is ROM3 after all. :-)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I can envision the "yay!" turning into a " e.e " when people come on here to ***** about falcon's running speed being a tenth of a second too slow.

But of course i'm exaggerating. I think Roy should get.. something.. wow i'm completely dry on ideas.....

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Flare blade should have fire stun effects if you get to close from behind/above and a fire stun sour spot upon release. Roy should also have invincibility frames starting one second before full charge.

Revven

FrankerZ
Very early version of FoD

The stage has been modified since that video but, that's what Mewtwo2000 got done and had sitting on his computer for months. He's working on it again and hopefully, it'll look really good in the end (which it will because it's Mewtwo2000 lol).

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I believe this is what you're looking for.

It's the second highest downloaded FD hack out there which is funny because the top downloaded one is Mushroom Kingdom 64 ported over FD.
Thanks. Didn't know about that site. That FD is cool as hell. But now I'm wondering if the edges etc. are the same as the one actually present in PM?
(reason is cuz if the answer is yes, i'd put that when PM gets out instead of the actual "classic" remade FD)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm not entirely sure about that. If not, it'd all be very simple to look at the KO boundary values and then also adjust the ledges so that they are walls instead of ceilings (just toggle their collision type and you're done).

EDIT: Or better yet, Falco400's more painfully obvious and quicker solution.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
What he needs, IMO:

-DED3Down with set knockback, being setup to DED4forward and harder to get out

-Old and faster DED4Up animation

-Harder to get out DED4Down, sweetspot sending people to tipper range and tipper sending back to sweetspot range back and forth until the attack ends.

-A little larger Midair jump

-Tipper DED3forward setup to DED4Up

-DB3up animation as Uptilt

-improved old setups (dtilt, tipper dair/uair, shffld Fair etc) and new setups(DED internal setups, Uptilt...)

-Counter lasting a little longer

-Better UpSmash

-Tipper usefulness(like the poping people back idea from that PSA)

-New and better Flare Blade

many other changes... :D

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Flare blade should have fire stun effects if you get to close from behind/above and a fire stun sour spot upon release. Roy should also have invincibility frames starting one second before full charge.
I should clarify that I meant fire stun like Ness' if any part of the fully charged explosion hits you, but charging fire stun should be brief - as if you ran into Lucario's charging aura. Sour spot fire stun is just an idea that the hitbox be extended past the blade with a quick stun effect and no knockback - obviously blade contact has all the knockback and a fire effect at least.

Edit: And everything Fireballs said... plus a better dair spike, lol

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I like the invincibility before full charge idea. Would Flare Blade charge up faster and just deal less KB at full charge? So that, you know, it's actually possible to hit? (for edgeguarding of course)

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Ha ha, **** on stage game but awful recovery? I know there is another clone who has the same problem...

*Falco hides in shame*

Anyway, as far as Roy goes, Marth should have the better air game in terms of set ups and combos, whereas Roy should have better ground game for similar reasons; something he is already suited for thanks to his great shffl and dtilt.

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a roy expert or a avid roy player so I won't know if I'm saying things Roy already has/ definitely doesn't need)

neutral A: his neutral A on the ground should remain the same and remain anti- fox illusion and falco phantasm move like Marth.

ftilt, dtilt,utilt: Not much to say about dtilt since it sets up into half of his moves at low and mid percents. Ftilit should have very good kill power when sweet spotted, and utilt should have low BKB and be good for comboing at low percents.

Smashes: Nothing much to say here either. Maybe just restore his spiking hitbox on usmash.

Throws: TBH, I think you should play with Roy's throws and make that aspect of his game godly. Maybe make it so his fthrow or bthrow has a shiek dthrow esqued bounce which will allow him to chain grab non-fast fallers at low percents. His uthrow and dthrow should be left the same though.

Neutral Aerial: In melee, a shffled nair typically resulted in only the first hit connecting. I'm not sure if that exploit was commonly used but to me I see that having great set up potential. If it already wasn't fantastic in Melee, make it so in P:M because it would sort of be Roy's personal Fox shffled dair.

Fair: Increase the knock back and damage obviously. The "tug" mechanic for the tip of the sword should come into play here. Maybe have the top of the swing tug opponents slightly above him for a uair, and the rest of it tug toward the ground.

Bair: should have good kill power when sweet spotted. Should have similar "tug" aspects like fair except in reverse so it makes sense with the way he swings his sword. I.E. bottom half tugs above him, and top part tugs his enemies downward.

Uair: Should have low base knock back on sweet spot for combos, and tugs should pull enemies toward the ground.

Dair: Should be harder to sour spot than to sweet spot like Marth's dair. It should also spike, but due to its outmost part not being a sweet spot Roy will have difficulties pulling off ken combos even if it spikes.

Neutral b: should be the stab and aid in Roy's recovery when charged up. TBH, he doesn't need the explosion.

DED: Should remain awesome. Perhaps Roy should be able to JC out of it during the second hit in case a roy player decides to bail. Not sure though.

Up b: Maybe sped up a little.

Down B: already good

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Having one second of invincibility before full charge, a stun effect if "touched" during a charge that would stop grabs and non-disjointed attacks, a stunning sourspot tacked on just past the blade tip, and an enormous heavy fire stun effect area after a full charge release make the move less punishable. I'll add a vacuum force surrounding Roy reminiscent of Ganon's utilt but with increasing strength as the move gets deeper in its charge just for kicks :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I will be attending the second day of ROM3 (maybe both days... depends on my ride) and will bring a setup for people to try P:M. I'm sure other members of the PMBR will show up as well; it is ROM3 after all. :-)
****! what do you think of the trailer? I want to make another PM trailer but I haven't been cleared to do it yet. :urg:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@I R Marf...
I suppose Marth will have his old Neutral B from Melee... so Roy having the same thing wouldn't be as unique. I can see the stab being useful for recovery, but I'd rather have his DB do that for him. Tbh, I loved the ridiculous epicallity of his neutral B and I'd add the changes I've described to make it better. The explosion along with his scream must stay xD.

Stevo

Smash Champion
im sure you guys are starting with the Roy PSA as the base, but as far as differences from melee I would say less KBG on his d-tilt because Roy had difficulty killing at higher percents. Less KBG on his dtilt would allow combos at later percents, but then again, with the new sourspots pulling, this might not be needed.

anything else I would have to say is pretty obvious stuff.

I guess I would leave the counter at 1.5x the countered attack and have a bigger window.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
****! what do you think of the trailer? I want to make another PM trailer but I haven't been cleared to do it yet. :urg:
Loved the trailer, man. :) The Frankenstein bit was a good segue. Rightfully does the series justice!

Another P:M trailer would be nice, however I would wait until more characters are further fine-tuned rather than have the trailer showcase the same 8 developed characters. Diversity is nice. :p

I R MarF

Smash Ace
@I R Marf...
I suppose Marth will have his old Neutral B from Melee... so Roy having the same thing wouldn't be as unique. I can see the stab being useful for recovery, but I'd rather have his DB do that for him. Tbh, I loved the ridiculous epicallity of his neutral B and I'd what it changed as I've described to make it better. The explosion along with his scream must stay xD.
Yeah, maybe he should have melee flare blade on the ground and stabbing flare blade in the air?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yeah, maybe he should have melee flare blade on the ground and stabbing flare blade in the air?
That would be very cool and unique... but DB should still carry him forward in the air like it (hardly) did in melee, but obviously a lot better. But what would happen if he landed during a charge... would he still stab or would his sword go over his shoulder in the landing animation. Whatever the case, I'm sure it would be interesting.

...and sorry about that screwy second to last sentence in my last post, lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Loved the trailer, man. :) The Frankenstein bit was a good segue. Rightfully does the series justice!

Another P:M trailer would be nice, however I would wait until more characters are further fine-tuned rather than have the trailer showcase the same 8 developed characters. Diversity is nice. :p
Thanks. I understand what you mean. I'll wait another Month or 2. Unless Shanus replies back to me. I'm pretty sure he blocked me though.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
That would be very cool and unique... but DB should still carry him forward in the air like it (hardly) did in melee, but obviously a lot better. But what would happen if he landed during a charge... would he still stab or would his sword go over his shoulder in the landing animation. Whatever the case, I'm sure it would be interesting.

...and sorry about that screwy second to last sentence in my last post, lol.
Yeah, I agree that his side B should still give him a little boost like it did in Melee.... because I only see the launching neutral b launch only being practical for farther recoveries (espcially if you have to charge it to gain distance) whereas his side b gives him more control.

As for the scenario you suggested with using flare blade before hitting the ground... idk. Maybe the animation should cancel once his feet touch the ground and he'll psuedo wavedash from the momentum? Who knows, lol.

J00sh

Smash Cadet
Regarding stamina for PT, which i know has been removed so far:

Wouldn't removing the stamina countdown and instead giving a 10% stamina penalty everytime they swap between pokemon work more effectivly

Deaths would NOT force swap

this may not be able to code, but if it is, then i think it would be a good way to balance PT's ability to counterpick someone ingame
The whole point of stamina is to encourage swapping. Putting a penalty on swapping discourages this :/

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Next someone's going to suggest to make it so Zelda and Sheik can't swap.

Oh wait, someone already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom