• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Hey, since this thread is functioning again...
Anyone wanna do this? It's a survey-type thing that (I hope) can show a general opinion of what matchups each character will work with once enough people do it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Anyone wanna do this? It's a survey-type thing that (I hope) can show a general opinion of what matchups each character will work with once enough people do it.
thats a cool idea, i'm filling it out atm

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
wow...I wasn't sure if Puff could take on a decent Bowser but it was all speculative. The super armor, range, and power....I hope this match was recorded. I need to see it.
Maybe this will get Hbox to pick up PM Ness and show everyone he is solid mid tier material.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. no one knows the true Ganon level except me.. ;) Generally most opinions are really funny to me when they talk about him, he's usually underestimated and yet it's still possible to really well in tournament 1v1 and 2v2. lol.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i really want to slap the commentators on that danish stream. so much misinformation combined with lack of information combined with saltiness.

bear in mind, this is a general peeve. it's just being irked right now because i'm watching those recordings.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You guys need to learn how to beat Ike
^ this

It makes me somewhat sad when respectable players like Kage are posting Ike being OP'd everywhere.

That Fsmash is dumb though....and at times his Fair spam is completely ******.....and if you play Zard, Ness, Wario, Falcon, Ganon...you might get your *** whooped.

That doesn't mean Ike is OP'd he's just really good at forcing that sword into the anus of a few characters which kind of distort the reality of Ike.

@Armada. You've learned well my son ;)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ike, just like Marth, has a sourspot on his hip when swinging his sword.
It's alot more difficult to get in that Ike's sour spot with most characters though. At times his slower sword motions actually benefit him more than Marth's swift ones in that area. However once you get inside he has a far more difficult time regaining control compared to Marth.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Ness is whack, he's solidly incredibly bad
He's not incredibly bad, he's just as good as Melee Mario was. He can rack up damage quite easily, his killers aren't as good as Fox Usmash but they serve their purpose. His recovery is TERRIMOTHAF******BAD but it's better than in Melee (it could be good if the PMBR gave it very high priority 'cause pulling it off is not noob-friendly).

Congrats, metroid. You played great, doesn't matter what ReverseJohn you state.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I just think Ike being able to whiff his ftilt three times in a row and then jump and fair someone across the stage is a tiny bit ridiculous.

Metroid, continue to do work man. You ****. P:M at BH2 looked really awesome. So many good matches.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
We might have played a bit early on in D1, maybe? I've only played a few people online in 2.1 so far. Going to be looking into playing some more.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When someone says a character is gay but then everybody trolls him for saying stuff like that when the results are clear cut and also when these types of players have the best understanding of the game since they can consistently either win or place high at least then i think it really is an insult to what it means to be a top player. When you truly understand the mechanics of the game, you can't dismiss their ideas when there's already enough proof and if not, their ideas should be weighed heavily as well. Even Armada said Jiggs is gay, he had to switch characters in order to win because the matchup is ridiculous and unbalanced as an example.

For me, when there's opinions thrown around here, I can't take it seriously because barely anybody have the skill required to win tournaments (The gap is pretty ridiculous) and that is really the only way to determine how the tools can be used effectively and some of those tools are ********.. I share the same opinion.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I already made a huge post about what I think about TL's MUs here. But I guess I'll fill out the survey just for kicks :p

abcool

Smash Ace
I think Ike is only ghey because of ledgeteching not being fixed and shields not working the way they should work. I used to have a big problem with Ike's side-b recovery in the beginning, but as i watch players play. I realize he kinda needs it. Imagine in a true Melee setting the kinda crap Ike would have to go through to beat Melee Fox. He would get waveshined across the stage and shield pressured, he best defense would be wavedash back oos and his best bet would be to get a lot of grabs. He would be up there in the tier list, but spacies, jiggs an sheik would be above him hands down.

I say let the PMBR fix the wonky physics and if half his attacks don't get ledge teched and he can break pressure from proper shields, then nerf him. In the mean time in the TRUE Melee build; He will need all the help he can get. Also, i wish you guys had Melee ledges instead of the hybrid ledges because only fast recoveries gets hurt with the way it works now. Stupid characters like Peach, Ike, Lucario etc. Can't seem to be edgehogged safely making matches last a hell of a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom