• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Y'know, I bet you could fix half of the problems with P:M if they toned that Fox character down a bit, but instead, we've gotta tone everyone up to deal with it. Abcool's right that if Ike existed in Melee, he'd probably still get taken to town by Spacies, Jiggs, and Sheik, but perhaps that means that they should have received some sort of balancing trait or something.

Rather than say that Ike needs his sideB recovery in order to deal with Fox, it should have been that Fox should be nerfed just a little because Ike can't deal with Fox without it.

abcool

Smash Ace
In Melee when you roll from the ledge the time it takes to register the ledge as free to grab is a lot different than in P:M. It is why wobbles said that he hopes everyone learns from the video that ledges don't work like in Melee. The PMBR decided to make it between Melee and Brawl, but it only hurts fast recoveries instead of dealing with stupid ones like Ike, DK, Peach, Lucario etc. It should have been exactly like Melee, since half the cast in Project M have buffed recoveries.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I agree that ledge occupancy should last as long as it did in Melee. Just think about it for a second. The 25 (correct me if I'm wrong) frames of ledge occupancy in Melee were quite ludicrous, but they forced the opponent to recover above the ledge or fall to their doom whilst giving the onstage player and advantageous position. This affected almost every character if not all of them and due to the different recoveries, each character had a radically different way of dealing with it. Meanwhile PM's 16 (correct me if I'm wrong) frames of ledge occupancy mostly affects fast recoveries, like Marth's, and slow recoveries, like Ike's gravity-defying spinning sword of extreme knockback and multiple hits, aren't affected as heavily, if at all.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Y'know, I bet you could fix half of the problems with P:M if they toned that Fox character down a bit, but instead, we've gotta tone everyone up to deal with it. Abcool's right that if Ike existed in Melee, he'd probably still get taken to town by Spacies, Jiggs, and Sheik, but perhaps that means that they should have received some sort of balancing trait or something.

Rather than say that Ike needs his sideB recovery in order to deal with Fox, it should have been that Fox should be nerfed just a little because Ike can't deal with Fox without it.
People made a big deal out of sheik not being able to CG, lord knows what would go down if they actually did something about the ~pure melee pantheon~.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Well there's not a lot wrong with that, it's just THAT goal in particular seems very lofty. To make a character better than Fox or Falco, and I mean undisputed king of the game, that character would have to be ridiculous. Fox himself isn't why Ike was given a shield stun modifier, spacies aren't why Lucario does DBZ ****, Sonic is Sonic regardless.

With that said, I'd rather have lower tier characters be given better or more anti top tier tools. Why does Ness not have a ridiculously easy Uthrow CG on spacies, into free hit like Ike does? Why does Charizard not shoot out homing fireballs that would wreck recoveries like spacies, and why can't HE cancel dash attack into a grab? Why not give G&W the same modifier Ike got on Shields?

I'm starting a new fundraising event, it's dedicated to giving 1 lucky crappy low tier/ish character a smash with the same knockback as Ike Fsmash. Join hands with me and pray... may the phone hotlines ring all night long.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't hear money falling delicately into a pile for the "SAVE THE LOW TIER" fundraiser drive event

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well there's not a lot wrong with that, it's just THAT goal in particular seems very lofty. To make a character better than Fox or Falco, and I mean undisputed king of the game, that character would have to be ridiculous. Fox himself isn't why Ike was given a shield stun modifier, spacies aren't why Lucario does DBZ ****, Sonic is Sonic regardless.

With that said, I'd rather have lower tier characters be given better or more anti top tier tools. Why does Ness not have a ridiculously easy Uthrow CG on spacies, into free hit like Ike does? Why does Charizard not shoot out homing fireballs that would wreck recoveries like spacies, and why can't HE cancel dash attack into a grab? Why not give G&W the same modifier Ike got on Shields?

I'm starting a new fundraising event, it's dedicated to giving 1 lucky crappy low tier/ish character a smash with the same knockback as Ike Fsmash. Join hands with me and pray... may the phone hotlines ring all night long.
Because if you make characters have equal opportunities it makes them generic and homogeneous apparently. You have to make characters with inherit and crippling character flaws so they have lopsided matchups and can't just do well overall.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
people should listen to kage more, sure sometimes he says nothing and just talks about being a warrior but sometimes he says things people should take into consideration (like his last post)

also who was it that couldn't atg at all? b/c i taught a friend of mine how to agt in like 2 mins last night

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't hear money falling delicately into a pile for the "SAVE THE LOW TIER" fundraiser drive event
Find a new avatar that's just as under age and unclad as your last one, fund.

But it is about the low tiers, it's not Ike's fault they suck so bad

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
@The whole Charizard with a fireball thing

I remember that WAY back before Demo 2 was close to launch date, Bowser had a fireball instead of firebreath but it was taken out because it acted like his firebreath and "bounced" against walls. Why not give Zard the fireball WITHOUT fixing its "erratic" behaviour on the grounds that Ike's Aether can do multiple hits AND does great vertical knockback. Also not many things in Smash don't make sense, for ****'s sake the entire Smash series has a lot of Nintendo logic happening (frame 1 attack that reflects projectiles and is capable of gimping, 30 frame attack that spikes whilst the animation is that of a spinning bird whose foot is stuck out, piece of cloth that reflects projectiles and turns around other characters)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I detest that last part. Mario's cape is made of MAGIC silk how dare you insult his style or taste?

Revven

FrankerZ
@The whole Charizard with a fireball thing

I remember that WAY back before Demo 2 was close to launch date, Bowser had a fireball instead of firebreath but it was taken out because it acted like his firebreath and "bounced" against walls. Why not give Zard the fireball WITHOUT fixing its "erratic" behaviour on the grounds that Ike's Aether can do multiple hits AND does great vertical knockback. Also not many things in Smash don't make sense, for ****'s sake the entire Smash series has a lot of Nintendo logic happening (frame 1 attack that reflects projectiles and is capable of gimping, 30 frame attack that spikes whilst the animation is that of a spinning bird whose foot is stuck out, piece of cloth that reflects projectiles and turns around other characters)
This is Project M, not Brawl Minus.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Warranting crazy move ideas on the grounds of "Because Ike can jank" is just silly.
Ike "doesn't" jank around... HE IS JANK!

He taught Wario first hand how to be janky and it looks like Wario learned from him a bit too well...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When is Ike getting his Jank meter/aura? When it hits max, he wears an energy bracelet.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Charizard's Jab hitbox disappears in the middle of the animation. You don't get much more jank than that.
Have you ever seen how jagged Wario's butt cheeks look in his overalls? No amount of theorycrafting will fix the booty bite he's got going on.

When he is getting his Jank meter/aura?
Meter could not contain his levels of Jank. Would constantly be flashing red and filled. The aura would burn your Wii graphics card and give you the lines.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Instead of branding it as something that belongs in Brawl Minus, why not think of it as a fun and janky gimmick that Sakurai in his prime (meaning any ideas he could have thought of before thinking about Bawrl) would've put in a Smash game to add a little spark to one of it's characters? It would be something worth trying going by the logic that making Ice Climbers essentially two characters in one would be a good idea, totally free of glitches and incapable of being exploited in a plethora of ways to acheive competitive success.

Kirk

Smash Champion
2) Kirk beat Hungrybox's Jigglypuff using Bowser in WR2. This had HUGE consequences for the rest of the bracket; him losing to Kels caused me to play Kels in WS (and thus actually have a chance to get into WF) and him sending Hungrybox to Loser's Bracket knocked out a lot of good players early in the tournament (Hungrybox took out Chillin, Vro, and Nintendude on his way through Loser's).
Glad I could be of assistance lol. I just wish I didn't lose the next two sets immediately after...so demoralizing xD. Would have been awesome to play you in bracket, but maybe next time. Congrats on the win!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What if the M stood for Muffin, and this was a baking project?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I hate seeing the little grey controller besides "News" on smashmods stay dark for so long... I also hate when it turns bright only to be a random comment on an old Brawl- news post >.<

@Kink, yes you can. There were phantom footstools in brawl? You don't mean footstooling an opponent in an attack animation (resulting in a jump but no effect on the opponent) do you? I thought those were still in.

\/ I lol'd when you edited what to hwhat

cannedbread

Smash Lord
guys i recently played melee and it feels so much better than project marmalade

but them characters is bad i'll tell you hwhat

so i'm still playing this

but will this game ever feel as silky smooth and sexy as
DMG's old— i mean, melee?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I hate seeing the little grey controller besides "News" on smashmods stay dark for so long... I also hate when it turns bright only to be a random comment on an old Brawl- news post >.<

@Kink, yes you can. There were phantom footstools in brawl? You don't mean footstooling an opponent in an attack animation (resulting in a jump but no effect on the opponent) do you? I thought those were still in.

\/ I lol'd when you edited what to hwhat
I am indeed referring to footstooling when the opponent is doing a non-neutral action, which from all accounts by the PMBR and my testing, is removed.

BRB going to PK Fire Footstool jab reset.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I wonder if anyone has tried Footstool PK Shine with Lucas yet. Repeating hitboxes mean you should be able to keep it out and fall into them with it if they miss the tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom