• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
I read that like 10 times trying to figure out wtf I was reading

Then I finally got it and now I feel stupid for reading Magno as Mango every time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ike wins, it's the player. Ike loses, it's the character.

CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS NEKO!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Pit wins, the opponents are just playing bad/ don't know the match up/It's just because Armada.

Ike wins, it's because he's better than the other characters.

Results based tier lists as seen through a kaleidoscope.

Oh lmao, I didn't even see your post DMG

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well I'm going to officially post my leave from this thread as I'm going on a hardcore training regimen to improve.

I'm on the Road to Namek; and I refuse to be beat by anyone down here in SoVa, even if they're thousands of levels above me in Melee Power Levels.

Peace guys.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Well I'm going to officially post my leave from this thread as I'm going on a hardcore training regimen to improve.

I'm on the Road to Namek; and I refuse to be beat by anyone down here in SoVa, even if they're thousands of levels above me in Melee Power Levels.

Peace guys.
'Bout time.

-@talking about leaving the thread-

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pit wins, the opponents are just playing bad/ don't know the match up/It's just because Armada.

Ike wins, it's because he's better than the other characters.

Results based tier lists as seen through a kaleidoscope.

Oh lmao, I didn't even see your post DMG
I think it's beyond that. People want to think what they wish to think and then...they don't want to be wrong. If you say Ike is OP'd you won't wish to see him as anything less than the best character in the game. If you want him to suck no amount of wins can change your mind.

I don't think anyone really thinks Ike is better than everyone else in the game but it's not to far of a stretch to say he's potentially one of the best. S-tier has some extra space in Project M. I think it's possible he is a gatekeeper which is what I've always said about him. Sonic, Lucario, Puff, Sheilda, and the spacies I feel are overall better than Ike. Then there are random soft counters or even-ish match-ups like Pit, Link. Tink, Pika, and DDD. After that everyone else seems to be **** on everyone else. So...he kind of takes on the roll of Sheik to me. at the very very bottom of S-tier is a HUGE sword just guarding the gate and refusing to let many if anybody pass by it.

As for pit I think he's about 12th best overall. Last I talked to adam he was somewhere around the same place on his list. Nobody's figured out the secret Mindgame yet...and I'm not sure I should tell.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mindgame as in switch characters and pick Ike? That's a sick mindgame let me tell you.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Ok so I tried this out... I love it.

However, there are 2 things that I found odd.

1: Is Luigi's Down B supposed to help him with recovery? Because whenever I use it in mid-air, it just drags him down and I'm mashing the B button too. >__> (Not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but I'd like someone to explain please)

2: I tried Bomb Jumping with Toon Link and I can't use my Double Jump after Up-Bing into the bomb even though I haven't used my Double Jump and I have Tap Jump off. Is that supposed to happen? O__O

Um... as for attacks I'm kinda not liking...

Could Ness and Lucas' D-Tilt have IASA frames or at least less cooldown? I find it too laggy to combo into anything. =P

Also maybe have Lucas' Side B do slightly more damage?

I also would kind of like it if Peach's D-Air popped the opponent up, I can't really combo into anything but another D-Air. =P

cannedbread

Smash Lord
you have to recharge luigi's down b by using it onstage grounded

you're not supposed to be able to get a jump back, just supposed to he able to upb again

ness and lucas' dtilt is bad, just don't use it

peach's dair comboes into nair because melee

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm pretty sure you don't have to charge luigi's down b anymore.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Peach's dair does silly float cancel stuff too but it's hard to go into specifics because of DI and other variable stuff.

Ness's D-tilt is poop but it's the least of his worries as a character. Get that Smash 64 initial dash and a genuine PK Shove Dash Attack!

Luigi's Down B does not have to be charged. It should rise much higher than Mario's given the same number of times that B is mashed.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'm still dragging down with Luigi's Down B... Only time I rise is if I use it onstage and mash. If I use it in mid-air, it brings me down. >__>

Also is Luigi's Side-B misfires every 6 times? (As long as you release when he flashes Green) Because for me he flashes every 5 times on occasion. :p

cannedbread

Smash Lord
luigi's side b is a lot less random. if he flashes green, it'll be a misfire unless you charge it. the chance of a misfire increase basically if you decide not to use it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mash his Down B harder, or try doing it while rising with a jump might feel easier/smoother.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Luigi's misfire is Russian Roulette that reloads every time he gets a misfire.

Six chambers, one bullet, with each successive use of side B pulling the trigger.

In reality it's just a simple algorithm that makes the misfire chances 1/(7-n) where n is the number of times side B has been used counting the current one.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you don't have to charge luigi's down b anymore.
I still saw Vist doing it after kills in P:M, maybe he did it out of habit, or he's trying to keep the habit for Melee, or trying to show off he's doing now useless things a Melee Luigi would.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, thank you so much for the support leading up to The Big House 2; waking up and reading the posts of encouragement starting from #75841 (thanks, Monk :)) seriously did brighten up my morning. [EDIT: I want to thank Toast, Vigilante, Daze, and JCaesar too.]

Also, a HUGE thank-you to Vro and Mad for giving me a **** ton of experience in the Ike ditto - it definitely helped me in my set with Nintendude.

I'll concede that I'm not as mediocre as I thought, but I want to make some very important points that didn't seem to be touched on:

1) Kels beat Chillin in an EXTREMELY close set where, in game 3, Kels managed to pressure Chillin into suiciding on their last stocks after completely losing the momentum on the stock beforehand. This gave the possibility of fighting Kels, a player that I've beaten before, instead of fighting Chillin, a player who was convincingly beating Vro and me in friendlies prior to the tournament.

2) Kirk beat Hungrybox's Jigglypuff using Bowser in WR2. This had HUGE consequences for the rest of the bracket; him losing to Kels caused me to play Kels in WS (and thus actually have a chance to get into WF) and him sending Hungrybox to Loser's Bracket knocked out a lot of good players early in the tournament (Hungrybox took out Chillin, Vro, and Nintendude on his way through Loser's).

3) Kels had some really dumb/early deaths against me, with the most notable (for me, at least) being an edgehog at 13% as Pikachu because he drifted offstage from using Thunder.

4) Mango didn't know how to fight against Ike at ALL and he was playing extremely sloppily; I clearly was not fighting the same Mango that had taken out Rat, Fly, and Hungrybox. (This was stated by Neko and some others, but I wanted to bring it back up.)

5) Speaking of Hungrybox, he 4-stocked and 2-stocked me with Jiggs in the two friendlies we played after the tournament. If he beat Mango in LF, GF1 and 2 surely would've been a quick 3-0 in his favor.

A win is still a win, but it would be more satisfying if I didn't outplace Vro by miraculously avoiding almost all the opponents who had a very high chance of beating me (Vro, Chillin, Fly, and Hungrybox) and if my opponents played on-point throughout the whole set.

EDIT - I think the top 6 were the following:

1) metroid :ikebrawl:
2) Mango :foxbrawl:
3) Hungrybox :jigglypuffbrawl:
4) Nintendude :ikebrawl:/:peachbrawl:
5) Fly Amanita :dededebrawl:
5) Kels :foxbrawl:/:falcobrawl:/:pikachubrawl:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think it's a legitimate point that Hbox does have evidential matchup familiarty with Ike. I would hardly disqualify Metroid from being one of the top two or three Ikes out there.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Hbox is Very good at the ike matchup, I think Mango should put in some practice (you could see he was starting to get it but metroid=too good) Metroid did amazingly against Mango and Nintendude! and Mango's 4-stock on Hbox was mad hype. Metroid you should be very proud of your performance, there is honesty and there is pessimism. I think you are exhibiting a bit too much of the latter! You were playing great and deserved the win

abcool

Smash Ace
Honestly things that should work in P:M doesn't work and will work in the next build or final build. This will make the Ike - Fox match A LOT harder for Ike. Upthrow>upair is a staple move Fox SHOULD be able to use on Ike, but grabs are still static it's why at times Jiggs could have jumped out before Mango could make it to the top. Also, Fox's waveshine doesn't really carry the momentum it does in Melee, meaning Shine>Upsmash was ineffective this time around. Mango had a hard time finishing off Metroid in ways he could beat Marth. If no character is changed and phyiscs are fixed this matchup will be soo much more difficult. GG's to Metroid though for just keeping a cool head and winning. You or Vro was one of the top 3 to win.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Luigi's misfire is Russian Roulette that reloads every time he gets a misfire.

Six chambers, one bullet, with each successive use of side B pulling the trigger.

In reality it's just a simple algorithm that makes the misfire chances 1/(7-n) where n is the number of times side B has been used counting the current one.
thats simply untrue.
If its melee's % it's 12%.
If he flashes green, the next one will be a misfire if you dont charge it 100% of the time

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's not melee %.

If he flashes green,that one is the misfire, you just held it to confirm whether it is or not, and holding it makes it not a misfire anymore. If you did not hold B on that use, it would just be a misfire plain and simple.

I'm really tired of being "called out" when I'm 100% right. You should know the feeling well, Doctor Proctor.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
And I admit I might be wrong about the probability ratio of Luigi's misfire (as in, it might be n/6 chances, which is possible) , but the result is that each successive use of side B has an increased probability of misfiring until the 6th one, where it is always 100%

One of the coders can confirm whether it's 1/(7-n) or n/6, but it is definitely one of those that determines the odds of a misfire happening in PM.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Not really surprised to be honest. Pretty sure I've stated my thoughts on the Jigglypuff vs Bowser MU in the past... too lazy to dig it up though.

Would love to see that set though, regardless. Was everything recorded at BH2? Or only the stuff on stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom