• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Falco doesn't have repeating hitboxes on shine tho. If he falls into them with shine still out, nothing will happen. Lucas has said repeating hitboxes. I was actually talking about using those to hit the opponent (via holding B instead of JCing the endlag right away), rather than getting them with the startup hitbox.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Oh.

Ness not having a quickly JC Magnet while Lucas does get one is just stupid to me. Like the line of thought I had was "Lucas's can attack, and Ness's can be used to compliment his aerial nature to quickly stall and DJ, or turnaround in the air and DJ bair/whatever else for style points."

Instead they gave both a good attack AND jump canceling momentum thing to Lucas while Ness can.

Jump Cancel it when absorbing the select few attacks in the game it was made to counter.

At least PK Flash can be used for something now instead of instantly killing him off stage though.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm pretty sure I've only seen...

...actually wait I've never seen footstooling done in tourney play at all. Is there a way to set it to something that's not d-pad up? That'd probably help.

cannedbread

Smash Lord

...actually wait I've never seen footstooling done in tourney play at all. Is there a way to set it to something that's not d-pad up? That'd probably help.
yeah go to option and stuff

u can figure it out b/c i have faith in u

Tlock

Smash Apprentice

Yea, you can remap your buttons in the options menu. I have it set to X which I don't use to jump.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

I set mine to Y since it sets up REALLY well for a fluid Floatstool with Peach, but if you jump with Y, setting it to X should work depending on how you press the buttons and hold the controler. I have a wide grip and small hands so I use X, but I've heard most people use Y to jump.

They just jealous of my 12-year-old Chinese girl hands.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can still footstool snake out of his C4 recovery, which I did the other day :p.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Reverse Punch has been a staple since Melee, kinda. Brawl DK's in particular use reverse 9-wind on people a lot because it has more knockback. :x

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The hitbox I like the most, is the vertical knockback hit. Cargo Uthrow into that is the bestest feeling in the world

V-K

Smash Ace
Is there a way to get rid of the button delay? That is the most noticable difference between Melee and PM.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
What kind of delay are you talking about? If you mean that one frame delay on momentum, there might be a way but it hasn't been discovered yet.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Oh.

Ness not having a quickly JC Magnet while Lucas does get one is just stupid to me. Like the line of thought I had was "Lucas's can attack, and Ness's can be used to compliment his aerial nature to quickly stall and DJ, or turnaround in the air and DJ bair/whatever else for style points."

Instead they gave both a good attack AND jump canceling momentum thing to Lucas while Ness can't.

Jump Cancel it when absorbing the select few attacks in the game it was made to counter.
I have to agree with this sentiment, Ness' psi magnet is next to useless in a match. It should function identicle to a shine, BUT have no hitbox. If fox/falco can reflect a projectile on frame 1, why cant ness absorb one of a select few projectiles on frame one and jump cancel it? Especially if lucas can. You can still projectile spam Ness in P:M, which given one of his moves is dedicated in purpose to preventing this, it isnt working.

And when i say select few projectiles I mean select few projectiles, the amount of things that break psi magnet is ridiculous. Needles, Bombs, Boomerangs, Arrows, Grenades, Bananas, peanuts, turnips, both types of samus missiles, bom-ombs, any throw item, nikita, pikmen, gyro, bike pieces when wario still had them, waddle dees/doos/gordos, springboard, Ice blocks, razor leaf, bulletseed, watergun, samus DB bombs, eggs, bacon even, ***** bacon I say.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i always wondered why ness can absorb pills but not ice blocks

ness confirmed for prescription drug abusing punk youth

also you know what would be neat as **** if ness can just absorb a lot more stuff. like lucas' usmash, mario's fsmash sweetspot, the phirey disjointed parts of eruption. like all of lucario's aura attacks if spaced right

i don't know if that would be broken or a gimmick or just pgood but it'd still be cool regardless

Nintendude

Smash Hero
LOL yea

Nintendude good stuff on 4th place @ The Big House 2
Thanks! I'm pleased with how I did overall. metroid was clearly better than me so I don't really have any regrets about losing to him (though I'm wondering how my Peach would have done). A loss to hbox is nothing to scoff at either.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I have a theory for metaknight.

make all his aerials L-cancelable and otherwise leave him the way he is.
maybe his brokeness will help the development.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Thanks! I'm pleased with how I did overall. metroid was clearly better than me so I don't really have any regrets about losing to him (though I'm wondering how my Peach would have done). A loss to hbox is nothing to scoff at either.
Yeah, it's too bad we didn't get a chance to play out that Ike-Peach friendly =/. Again though, I owe a lot of thanks to Mad and Vro (especially Vro) for preparing me in the Ike ditto; I played Vro for hours before bracket started, so I was ready for our match. Your loss against Hungrybox the Ike slayer is definitely nothing to be looked down upon, he beat Vro in the set before yours and destroyed me in friendlies.

Great job at The Big House 2 by the way, props to getting 5th in Melee doubles :).

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Good stuff to you too metroid, you're godlike

Also Nintendude, I'm pretty sure Jiggs has a lot of hard counters in P:M so try some other characters :)
*cough* Snake *cough*

metroid1117

Smash Master
Good stuff to you too metroid, you're godlike
Not really haha, but thanks Eli :).

Also, thanks to everyone else who's congratulated me for the win - I didn't have time or Internet yesterday to respond, but it's seriously meant a lot to me. Next time, I hope I'll be able to do well while beating more players that know how to fight against Ike.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Link being his source of depression and frustration. Poor Bowser, it's like Link was made specifically to kill him instead of Ganon

V-K

Smash Ace
What? This is the first I've heard of this. Does pm lag a bunch?

:phone:
It really feels like it to me. Just play Melee for some time and then switch to PM. It is definetly a bit slower but also there seems to be some kind of delay.
Or is it only my version? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom