• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Bowser beats everyone
I feel like Falco counters him really hard... He's just a larger & slightly faster version of Ganon from Melee.

I mean, he can combo, but from 0%-60%ish it feels like I could mix dtilt, utilt, & shine->dair as much as I wanted with zero risk.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I feel like Falco counters him really hard... He's just a larger & slightly faster version of Ganon from Melee.

I mean, he can combo, but from 0%-60%ish it feels like I could mix dtilt, utilt, & shine->dair as much as I wanted with zero risk.
By the way, this man took out Kirk (who beat Hungrybox in Winners) in Losers of The Big House 2. He knows what he's talking about.

EDIT:

Walk is amazing, I heard that he spent a long time on this. Thank you so much!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I agree. The game should actually have a slight unbalance, but the other "lacking" characters should just be more on par with the other characters.
Yes! I like that Ike & Lucario are getting a lot of attention that could lead to more people coming up with ways to counter them. Nerfs (or Tweaks as Vigilante likes to say to irk me) would ruin the outcome of so many people's post I've read of Ike's fall in the future (Kink,Bamesy,Rubyiris) to never see it come true since he's not the same. You have to make the people who are vexed try to revolve around the game, not the game for the people. I think that might of been something Brawl+ did wrong.

By the way, this man took out Kirk (who beat Hungrybox in Winners) in Losers of The Big House 2. He knows what he's talking about.
I like him for this cool laser reset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cLacXHJJprA#t=162s

For anyone interested in the balance patch/hack for melee SD Remix, the first public demo has been released! Smashboards thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324620
and Smashmods has an entire forum dedicated to it now. They'll have a detailed changelog and videos for each character in the near future.
Once you install DIOS MIOS to play it, you can't play Gamecube games on discs anymore (unless you uninstall it I think). Otherwise if the demo is like a yearly thing: I think you can burn a normal DVD of it right and play it with USB Loader? I might do that, though I hate messing with those "slots" things and "Dx22" to make USB loader work; especially since I declined banner-bomb when I first installed the home-brew + banner-bomb set-up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For anyone interested in the balance patch/hack for melee SD Remix, the first public demo has been released! Smashboards thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324620
and Smashmods has an entire forum dedicated to it now. They'll have a detailed changelog and videos for each character in the near future.
Please do not advertise other mods in this thread. It's not only advertisement but also severely off-topic.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, the results thread for The Big House 2 is up. Here they are, quoted from the thread:

Juggleguy said:
Project M Singles (32 entrants)
1: metroid1117 :ikebrawl:
2: Mango :foxbrawl:
3: Hungrybox :jigglypuffbrawl:
4: Nintendude :ikebrawl::peachbrawl:
5: Fly Amanita :dededebrawl::lucariobrawl:
5: Kels :foxbrawl::pikachubrawl:
7: MattDotZeb :falcobrawl:
7: Strong Bad :dkbrawl:
9: Rat :sonicbrawl:
9: Kirk :bowserbrawl:
9: Vro :ikebrawl:
9: ORLY :bowserbrawl:
13: FrootLoop :ikebrawl:
13: Scythe :wolfbrawl::snakebrawl:
13: Chillindude829 :wolfbrawl:
13: BluEG :luigibrawl:
17: VGBC | GimR :ganonbrawl:
17: Duck :marthbrawl:
17: LMNO :sonicbrawl:
17: onionchowder :nessbrawl:
17: Mundungu :ikebrawl:
17: DippnDots
17: SpooN :snakebrawl:
17: ZIMO
25: Violence
25: BeerGuy
25: Sweet
25: root :sheikbrawl:
25: Zwarm
25: 1der (DQ'd)
25: DoH :charizardbrawl:
25: Spife

Bracket:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Daze and Shadic you didn't go to GC =(
Yeahhhhh....

Shadic was busy, and I decided not to go as a result.

Don't worry though, November Gameclucks will feature Starwaffle, Myself, AND Shadic along with a huge PM tournament FOR SURE. All 3 PMBR members in the northwest will be gathering to the next gameclucks for a giant PM orgy, so don't you worry about it. Alternatively, I'm hosting a tournament in BC on October 27 that WA's top players will be attending (Silentwolf, Bladewise, Toph, Vish, ThePrime, and more) so you could ask them if you could carpool and travel up here with them :p Starwaffle and I will be there, obviously.

Sorry again though for wasting your time... :/
...Blame shadic for choosing to go to his best friend's birthday party instead of playing smash bros.

Edit:
Thanks Metroid for the results! MattDotZeb did extremely well. It's too bad he forfeited from WR1, otherwise I honestly think he would've beaten StrongBad in WR2 (Strongbad hates falcos).
Also is BluEG the same person as BluLink?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Don't remind me! lol...I need more practice in the matchup...getting beat by Kels and Matt back to back Falcos. They were close sets, but I've never played good Falcos before.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Don't remind me! lol...I need more practice in the matchup...getting beat by Kels and Matt back to back Falcos. They were close sets, but I've never played good Falcos before.
You should visit BC.

Literally 90% of all players here either main or secondary Falco.
x_x

foshio

Smash Journeyman
You should visit BC.

Literally 90% of all players here either main or secondary Falco.
x_x
LOL... I secondary Falco...
I think Falco in PM is the most ridic character. He's so good! People say fox is just as good as he was, nahh... But falco! Omg amazing! he can weave better with lasers, his shine has reasonable shield stun still, fox's feels alittle weak due to the shield stuff but because falco had better shield pressure from his shine it feels closer to fine with him. He's just a better rendition of his already amazing self!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're a BC player.

... Why do you have Hong Kong on your location? I know you're there at the moment, but comon- Where's your BC pride?

Anyways yeah, look forward to my tournament and stream on October.27. ;)

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Dude, I'm gonna quit P:M for this, it looks like they treated Link better, giving him the speed buffs he actually needs, making his jump quicker, run faster, etc. and he keeps his melee bombs and tether along with P:M arrows, he seems far more viable in tournaments than P:M Link

Finally found the BH2 stream too, seems like Mango screwed up a lot against Ike, or maybe Ike's just that ridiculous...

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Sorry I probably missed all the discussion.. But yoooooooooooooooo

Ike baby!!!! ILEKKEKEEKKEKENKKKKKRKEKEKEKEKEKEKKKKKKJHH!!!!

I was right there at the big house watching an Ike win GFs and it was some of the best fun to be had.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're a BC player.

... Why do you have Hong Kong on your location? I know you're there at the moment, but comon- Where's your BC pride?

Anyways yeah, look forward to my tournament and stream on October.27. ;)
Trying to lure players from Hong Kong to notice me... then I can develop a scene that will take the world by storm! In all honesty though I really miss smashfests :'(. BUT thanks for having streams and video posts often everybody! I love how the metagame is going but when will Lucas arrive??

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Dude, I'm gonna quit P:M for this, it looks like they treated Link better, giving him the speed buffs he actually needs, making his jump quicker, run faster, etc. and he keeps his melee bombs and tether along with P:M arrows, he seems far more viable in tournaments than P:M Link

Finally found the BH2 stream too, seems like Mango screwed up a lot against Ike, or maybe Ike's just that ridiculous...
Dude, P:M Link is really amazing. I'd consider him top tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Everyone top tier. Old Melee characters + Wario Ness High tier + Luigi def not mid tier + XYZ

Everyone can't be top tier gentlemen. Top tier ain't 10 characters.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd just like to chime in and say that it's completely possible for someone to be really really good and still be a B tier, or for a character to be good enough to win a national and be C tier. Tier list placements are relative to each other ie it operates of a bell curve. So while the S Tier characters might consist of X, Y, and Z, A tier characters can still be just as good, but have a worse match up spread or are actually slightly worse, and be allocated to A tier for reasons as slight as that.

That's all I got to say about that.
Back to the capsule I go.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i dunno, ike has had some very strong tournament showings so far. time will tell i guess.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Depends if you base the tier list on theory or hard data. They would probably be quite different right now, with Ike and Sonic dominating the tournament scene despite their apparent flaws.

:phone:

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Dude, P:M Link is really amazing. I'd consider him top tier.
Nah, I strongly disagree, now SD Remix Link, I'd say he's top tier material, P:M Link is like, C tier, I doubt we'll ever see him win a tournament but if I main SD Remix Link I think he's far more capable, and I want to see Link win so I think I'll go with that.

I'll miss P:M Zelda though, she's mad fun.

iLink

Smash Champion
Nothing wrong if you think it

Just that people general think Link is more then solid and Zelda is the most unfun character in the game.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Nothing wrong if you think it

Just that people general think Link is more then solid and Zelda is the most unfun character in the game.
I'm sure the people who don't play Link think he's solid, I know my friends do when I kick their *** with him lol, but I can't see him winning any tournaments, but with SD Remix Link I can see it happening, he just seems more solid, that's all.

I don't see how Zelda isn't fun, fireball shenanigans are awesome.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What's fun is picking Ganon and using Fair. What's fun is going Falcon and combo across stage. What's fun is doing whatever you want with Mario and winning.

What is not fun is setting up little rinky dinky Din Fire walls, then someone approaches and you had the hard decision of whether to try and stuff it with Usmash or Fsmash.

iLink

Smash Champion
Or you can step up your game and not rely on buffs to carry you. There are plenty of characters that are worse off then Link is.

To each their own I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom