• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
cannedbread's avatar is meshed pretty well with that post.

just play who you like and learn to beat the really good characters... and your bad matchups.

personally, i find Link to be a lot more annoying than Zelda, probably because GnW kinda loses laughably easy to both Links, but does well against Zelda tho.

iLink

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if staled attacks do less shield stun or if the shield stun is always in relation to the attack's max damage output?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
cannedbread's avatar is meshed pretty well with that post.

just play who you like and learn to beat the really good characters... and your bad matchups.

personally, i find Link to be a lot more annoying than Zelda, probably because GnW kinda loses laughably easy to both Links, but does well against Zelda tho.
What? No way zelda has trouble with G&W.

Way too many people underestimate Zelda. I mean, how many of you even played a truly good Zelda or play good as Zelda? You don't know till you actually do.

Just look at the tourney results metroid posted, no Zeldas.
Currently, I think a reason people underestimate zelda is because she is way underplayed.

#MiniRantOverNow

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i think zelda's worst matchup is ike/marth. marth can be hell especially if they're camping or playing a good bait game

ike's ground game can **** with zelda a lot. nayru can only get you so far

i really think dins is overrated especially when they can just be swiped.

but this is just my opinion

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I've played against the 2 best Zelda players in the region: Ryoko and Zhime.

They're really talented players.

But I'm of the opinion that Zelda is NOT underrated, she's overrated. When I first started playing against Zelda, my frustration was over the top because I'm an extremely aggressive player. But once you get the hang of fighting her, you realize that she's actually pretty limited. And her best move is down+b.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@Eli that makes sense, I just disagree with people saying she's like, 13th or something. I think she's certainly top 10 maybe top 8.

@Cannedbread I agree, Marth and Ike are the best at exploiting her weaknesses. I also think Sonic gives her trouble.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I played against Zhime a lot, zelda guy whose name i am too lazy to scroll up for.

When I say "no trouble" I mean as little trouble as GnW can have. Zhime also agrees that it's not a bad matchup for him and relatively even (Zelda wins though), compared to the solid or bad disadvantages that GnW has against the two Hylian heroes.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I do think Zhime is one of the two best zeldas, but how much does he play offline? Because people are always saying "Wi fail"

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think that's it, but he did pretty well, almost as well as Ryoko and he stuck to Zelda much more than Ryoko did.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the Skyloft stage is missing on the Riivo downloads (full set AND wifi safe). Does anyone know where I can get just the .pac file without redownloading the whole thing for just one stage?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
*impatiently waits for Hylian to post*
:)

I'm sure the people who don't play Link think he's solid, I know my friends do when I kick their *** with him lol, but I can't see him winning any tournaments, but with SD Remix Link I can see it happening, he just seems more solid, that's all.

I don't see how Zelda isn't fun, fireball shenanigans are awesome.
I think Link is very solid. I was one hit away from winning a tournament with him, and I ended up getting outplayed for that hit. My character was able to take me through the whole tournament fine, and I knocked the person who got 1st into the losers bracket round 2.

The only characters I really don't see link beating are space animals, mainly falco. Link actually has options as a character now which allows him to create mix-ups and gives him the tools to kill characters off reads and actually recover while still having good defensive play. Falco really limits links options(most of which come from his stage control) to defensive options that are pretty easy to read making the match-up very difficult.

All I hear is link johns, when it should be skill johns.
The truth.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Sanity's thief is the only link Player I know that doesn't think Link has the potential to be viable. Everyone else seems to thinks he is top of mid/ high tier.

But he is entitled to his own opinion I guess.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in here to let everyone know to TUNE IN today at http://Twitch.tv/VGBootCamp for some awesome Project:M action coupled with a special announcement at 7:30pm EST.

Tell your friends, and spread the stream on all your social networks! You will NOT be disappointed!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yo metroid we should play so you can have experience against almost every character. :p
Aww man, that would be awesome. You really know how to play the Ike match-up, it would be a lot of fun to play you.

EDIT:

Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in here to let everyone know to TUNE IN today at http://Twitch.tv/VGBootCamp for some awesome Project:M action coupled with a special announcement at 7:30pm EST.

Tell your friends, and spread the stream on all your social networks! You will NOT be disappointed!
Aww man, the announcement better be good.

By the way, the stream matches from The Big House 2 can be found VGBC's list of videos. I haven't started sifting though my videos from the tournament (bracket + friendlies/MMs), but I'll do my best to have them up by Saturday.

`dazrin

Smash Champion

We are pleased to announce Project M Demo 2.5, our next public release!

You do not want to miss what we have hiding behind the curtains. Through constant refinement, and the completion of new content, we are again prepared for another public release.

We have a ton of balance updates, aesthetic surprises, and even a few new characters for you to soon enjoy! Stay tuned for more exciting announcements, character pages, and live-streams showcasing our progress with demo 2.5 in the upcoming weeks.

Demo 2.5 Teaser Video

iLink

Smash Champion
I think I'm more hyped about ledgeteching getting fixed then I am of Ivy using solarbeam

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ohhhh mahhh goood.

It's been so long since I've been hyped. Even if it's a lot of touch ups, it's just exciting to see updates. Also, I was weirdly the most hyped up for Wario's run animation from Shake it!.

EDIT: Correction, new content. Can't wait for what's up.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
What's fun is picking Ganon and using Fair. What's fun is going Falcon and combo across stage. What's fun is doing whatever you want with Mario and winning.

What is not fun is setting up little rinky dinky Din Fire walls, then someone approaches and you had the hard decision of whether to try and stuff it with Usmash or Fsmash.
Mahboi, mindgames are what all true warriors strive for

Or you can step up your game and not rely on buffs to carry you. There are plenty of characters that are worse off then Link is.

To each their own I suppose.
Disagree, I think most characters are really good, the only ones I think need help are Ness, Wario, Wolf(gotta live up to the spacie name), and Sonic, the rest are very well off, except maybe DK, Luigi and Ganon I think they're more middle-ground

I don't think Link is bad, no one is "bad" anymore, I just think he still can't deal with the melee top tiers

zelda is huge

we just need someone to play her in P:M

zone where u at
I might pick her up as my main for P:M, it might make me play P:M now and then, but my secondary has always been Falco and he's in SD Remix so...

What? No way zelda has trouble with G&W.

Way too many people underestimate Zelda. I mean, how many of you even played a truly good Zelda or play good as Zelda? You don't know till you actually do.

Just look at the tourney results metroid posted, no Zeldas.
Currently, I think a reason people underestimate zelda is because she is way underplayed.

#MiniRantOverNow
lol I was just gonna say G&W is pretty easy despite the fact that he can bucket your fireballs, she is underplayed

I'm pretty sure I've played against the 2 best Zelda players in the region: Ryoko and Zhime.

They're really talented players.

But I'm of the opinion that Zelda is NOT underrated, she's overrated. When I first started playing against Zelda, my frustration was over the top because I'm an extremely aggressive player. But once you get the hang of fighting her, you realize that she's actually pretty limited. And her best move is down+b.
I think she's pretty damn good, my friends think she needs to be nerfed lol, I don't think so but I don't think she's bad either

I think Link is very solid. I was one hit away from winning a tournament with him, and I ended up getting outplayed for that hit. My character was able to take me through the whole tournament fine, and I knocked the person who got 1st into the losers bracket round 2.

The only characters I really don't see link beating are space animals, mainly falco. Link actually has options as a character now which allows him to create mix-ups and gives him the tools to kill characters off reads and actually recover while still having good defensive play. Falco really limits links options(most of which come from his stage control) to defensive options that are pretty easy to read making the match-up very difficult.
Who played in the tournament? And from what I saw there seem to be very few people playing. I know Falco's tough, he's my secondary lol. But really, what good players were there, you didn't play at the one Mango played at right?

Call me when a Link beats pro melee players playing melee top tiers and wins a tournament, I don't see it happening.

Sanity's thief is the only link Player I know that doesn't think Link has the potential to be viable. Everyone else seems to thinks he is top of mid/ high tier.

But he is entitled to his own opinion I guess.
What other Link players have you talked to besides Hylian that actually main Link and are serious about learning to play him?

EDIT: godamnit, just when I was done, Demo 2.5 has me curious, curse you PMBR! I guess I'll see what the deal is with that when it comes out, but for now I'm goin to SD Remix, I'll get around to uploading matches of P:M I already have though(I procrastinate so it's not too likely)

im gonna assume the 'more than new surprises' or w/e was hinting to mewtwo because of pkmn stadium

if not ill be sad
Can't be, sorry to kill your hopes but a clone engine was never finished so it's impossible to add new characters.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Ike's QD looked slower, and it wasn't jumped out of O_O

and his F-tilt looked different

I might be going to be an angry and sad panda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom