• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
<3

Pit is being discussed in the backroom.

I was at a Melee tourney yesterday showing off Project M. I'll be uploading vids from it for the rest of the afternoon to my youtube account. The boring ones of my crew first :p but in a few hours expect to see some Melee pros such as G-Reg and Plank.

I may be saving one for the next Dojo update though...
I saw the vids and I'm not gonna lie. I think I am starting to love you in the homo way.:chuckle:

What I don't understand about this project is why clones are being replicated. Clones were one of the worst features of Melee. Falco is now too much like Fox again....
Spoken like an uninformed melee player from 2003 days... I could list differences between fox and falco and likenesses but i'm lazy Basically everything but their Fair, Uair, Usmash, and smashes are not alike. However those moves are different as well either in damage, knockback, or trajectory. You can take the time to find out everything else for yourself though.

I would like to say that I would be willing to make a trailer for this. I would like to have footage of every character though so everyone who watches it could be satisfied. Of course that would be up to the leaders of this project though.

My past trailer works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzWKVBG7co
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z04j8rPoLhs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZchnFuAVzrE

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
What I don't understand about this project is why clones are being replicated. Clones were one of the worst features of Melee. Falco is now too much like Fox again....

EDIT: I approve of everything else, though (except the Melee Air Dodge and no Air dodge during tumble)
this project is not for you then, stick to barwl

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

EDIT: I approve of everything else, though (except the Melee Air Dodge and no Air dodge during tumble)
Your obviously trash at the game lol. How did you even find smashboards?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Not sure the exact frame but you can jump before the blast even comes out. Its beast tho because you can wd out of it or grab or any other jc tech
Way too sexy. JCable blaster and rapid Jab. <3 additional options.

Should be able to really mindrape people with that blaster. Does the Shine have new properties too?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So I just watched some vids on JCaesar's channel... and HOLY CRAP IS THIS COMING ALONG NICELY. It looks exponentially better every time I see it.

The SFX used for the knee is awesome. Falco's shine is back to it's Melee size (always hated how HUGE it got in Brawl), and the sound, although not exactly like Melee, works really well =)

and g-reg is so good lol

*watches more*

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hmmm...after watching all the vids I'd say there is enough to make a teaser trailer. Even if it isn't all the characters they have some pretty good moments! again it is up to the leaders to give me the green light on it.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I watched the new vids (Falcon vs Wolf), and they're quite interesting.

The only thing I would recommend to change is the thing in Brawl where the higher guy's damage = the bigger the pause when you hit them. It would seem that it throws off timing.

EDIT: Oh and Falco's U-air, the first swipe seems to hit them up, but I think it has set knockback in Melee.

Oh and Horse, Falco = D-AIR TO U-TILT, NOT SHINE, PLEASE!

Revven

FrankerZ
Does the Shine have new properties too?
The shine now ground cancels ala Smash 64 Fox shine and sends at roughly the same trajectory as Fox's shine in 64. So you can do things like GC shine > Dtilt or GC shine > jab 1 > jab 2. You can see some Wolf action on JC's channel although Guy gets beaten kinda bad against G-reg he still shows off some cool stuff you can do with Wolf.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yeah, those vids are what prompted my questions. The thought of B-Reverse blaster jump canceling to fake people out sounds amaaaaaaazing. I'm the type of player that likes to press lots of buttons, so this sounds really appealing to me.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think the way Wolf was Meleefied was really creative and well done, keeping the tech skill high but unique from the other spacies too.

Oracle

Smash Master
I have two questions.
1. Are the physics for moonwalking implemented for all characters or just falcon? Characters like link and young link had useful moonwalks and every character could moonwalk fairly well after you wavedashed because it kept some of the momentum to push them back further.

2. Is there an estimated release date/time? (not asking what the release date is if there is one, merely if there is one or not)

Those videos look so sick. I can't wait

shanus

Smash Hero
I have two questions.
1. Are the physics for moonwalking implemented for all characters or just falcon? Characters like link and young link had useful moonwalks and every character could moonwalk fairly well after you wavedashed because it kept some of the momentum to push them back further.

2. Is there an estimated release date/time? (not asking what the release date is if there is one, merely if there is one or not)

Those videos look so sick. I can't wait
moonwalking is currently installed on two characters. It will likely have to be done on a case by case basis as its not something that can be installed via a global code. Characters such as Samus and ZSS, with small pac file limits, will likely not be able to receive it.

We are well aware of how used certain characters moonwalks are, and will act on it accordingly.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think the way Wolf was Meleefied was really creative and well done, keeping the tech skill high but unique from the other spacies too.
Very nice! Wolf was my third in Brawl+ and Brawl-. I can't wait to play him in this.

EDIT: Any chance you guys will be getting your own page on SmashWiki, or no?

bleyva

Smash Ace
assuming ive already missed such discussions, whats the decision with marios downB? is he keeping flood?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hmmm...after watching all the vids I'd say there is enough to make a teaser trailer. Even if it isn't all the characters they have some pretty good moments! again it is up to the leaders to give me the green light on it.
we already have plans for a future trailer, and we'd rather mostly use footage that hasn't been seen before. thanks for volunteering though.
The shine now ground cancels ala Smash 64 Fox shine and sends at roughly the same trajectory as Fox's shine in 64. So you can do things like GC shine > Dtilt or GC shine > jab 1 > jab 2. You can see some Wolf action on JC's channel although Guy gets beaten kinda bad against G-reg he still shows off some cool stuff you can do with Wolf.
you can also gc shine -> blaster -> gc shine -> blaster -> gc shine
SHIELD PRESSSSURE
moonwalking is currently installed on two characters.
*three characters
8)

bleyva: hasn't been decided yet, TSON & WindOwl are coding a "fluddnado" which may or may not be used; if not, it'll be Melee downb.

D

Deleted member

bleyva: hasn't been decided yet, TSON & WindOwl are coding a "fluddnado" which may or may not be used; if not, it'll be Melee downb.
FLUDD and Mario Tornado on seperate inputs of down-b? If so, that's very cool.

Should make tornado as an approach, combo move (set BKB?), and a half of Luigi's cyclone recovery. Be cool to see his tornado as a good move.

SSB64 Tornado Spike

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
There's now a Melee Ganondorf model hack that looks exactly like the real thing. Any possibility that it could be officially integrated into PM? :O

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
just an opinion here guys but i think you should potentially focus on things like that vertex hack for ganondorf, after all the coding for everything else is in place of course. Looks are very important too, I watched those pm matches of jcaesars channel, and although the gameplay is similar to melee, it looks nothing like melee so I don't get that melee feel. It's not an important thing, just something I'd like to see implemented if it's even possible at all:)

shanus

Smash Hero
just an opinion here guys but i think you should potentially focus on things like that vertex hack for ganondorf, after all the coding for everything else is in place of course. Looks are very important too, I watched those pm matches of jcaesars channel, and although the gameplay is similar to melee, it looks nothing like melee so I don't get that melee feel. It's not an important thing, just something I'd like to see implemented if it's even possible at all:)
For every one of you, there are 50 not like you. If we ever spent the time focusing on things like textures (which none of us do) it would be entirely optional.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration(read the few pages about gdorf) but i'm fine either way, I just thought of it as a way to make it more like melee

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Get some texture/vertex-competent people who aren't apart of the team that are very interested in this project to do that.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Hmm.. i wonder if it would be faster to blaster GCShine or to wd. I'm gonna test it later. And Ether if you wanna play come to no johns and I'll bring it or tell someone at rutgers to hold a smashfest or somethin

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Wow, the character resizing really made a difference. Always hated how big characters were in brawl. These videos are amazing. I used to be a doubter but now that more things have been fixed, the gameplay looks smooth and fun. Keep up the good work guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom