• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit

Smash Lord
hmmm how is Zelda gonna work in this ?. Is she gonna be completly useless or rather shadowed by shiek like how she was in Melee or is she gonna have her B+ mechanics which make her too **** godly. Just figured id ask. Because I know alot of people so called *RAGE* over her in B+ and I admit I am one of those people.
Anyone who "raged" over Zelda in B+ is a moron. Stop playing WiFi and running into smashes.

JCaesar already answered the P:M part of the question.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Unless you have played against him extensively, you don't really have room to talk.
ok JC since you've played him plenty, what are your thoughts?

EDIT: and i gotta say this. Devs and beta testers need to stop telling us we can't talk if we haven't played it. Ofcourse we haven't played it, us as fans can only watch the streams and go from there. If Shanus didn't want people to discuss the project and give opinions, i don't think he would have made this thread..... or he would have made it private (BR)

-with all due respect

CTL17

Smash Lord
Other than that ridiculous FAir, Sonic's moves don't have that much range and priority. I still theorize that a good Sonic can time the attacks well, though. That's how he was supposed to work, I think.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
sonic seemed a bit ridiculous, his recovery is definitely not melee ish at all. his hitstun seems to trap for longer than any melee character ever had, i think hes just a bit too fast and can chain too much lol. god forbid someone was ACTUALLY good with him, they would destroy everyone (no offense thunderhorse, but nobody is gonna have a character mastered at this point lol) i just think his potential there is tooooooo much lol. but i dont know maybe not, it could just be cuz i wasnt sure how his moved works or my DI or something ^^
Keep in mind this is all my thoughts from many builds ago.

Sonic from watching Zeon (who uses him as a third) and actually playing him, I find he is slightly too good not from his move set, but from the current physics in the game. Lack of traction (that is getting tuned up) allows for him to slip and slide around like nuts and do crazy grab combos like no other. When this gets fixed I think you'll see that his combos that look stupidly good will fall apart or be cut in half by good DI (examples being uair and fair chains). His recovery is still pretty tops compared to the rest of the cast but the lack of mobility (not recovery options) balances it out.

I don't quite understand what you mean by meleeish though. His chain combos did not seem any more over the top than a good shiek, falco, marth, etc. I can't remember how the hitstun felt like when dealing with him.

Other than that ridiculous FAir, Sonic's moves don't have that much range and priority. I still theorize that a good Sonic can time the attacks well, though. That's how he was supposed to work, I think.
Priority really hasn't been a problem for sonic for awhile now. Range still gets him when dealing with characters such as Zelda or GW but his ability to duck in or out, pull off a dozen different spin tricks, and now wavedash with a touch of JC grabbing makes up for it.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
@JC kk thanks for the answer.
@Bandit never will I ever play brawl online its terrible.

Cant wait for more characters to be revealed. ^_^

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Fear not, loyal follower! Videos of Melee pros shall be uploaded forthwith!
Nice!!!! I love you dude. The nono homo way of course. :psycho:

So yeah any decisions ever get made on Pit btw? I think the Angel on the game should be able to fly or Maybe the Dragon. Why the hell is a princes and a non flying pokemon got more air time then they do:laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nice!!!! I love you dude. The nono homo way of course. :psycho:
<3

Pit is being discussed in the backroom.

I was at a Melee tourney yesterday showing off Project M. I'll be uploading vids from it for the rest of the afternoon to my youtube account. The boring ones of my crew first :p but in a few hours expect to see some Melee pros such as G-Reg and Plank.

I may be saving one for the next Dojo update though...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We're not bringing up the buffer discussion anymore.
sorry but who are you?

SO YEAH WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING WITH X CHARACTER, I CAN'T ****ING WAIT UNTIL INFORMATION IS RELEASED SO I'LL SLOW DOWN PRODUCTION WITH STUPID QUESTIONS BOOM

btw Sonic isn't broken, I use him.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Um quick question I was just watching the vid of Mario vs Toonlink on your youtube channel JC is TL going to be getting his Fire Arrows back? Btw Mario looks amazing I cant wait to play him in this.

Awesome vids btw

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Priority really hasn't been a problem for sonic for awhile now. Range still gets him when dealing with characters such as Zelda or GW but his ability to duck in or out, pull off a dozen different spin tricks, and now wavedash with a touch of JC grabbing makes up for it.
Hmm... I think i recall talk about Sonic getting only a small WD. I'm not sure if that ever went into effect but it seems like a good idea since his mobility is already amazing.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hey guys.

I'm really loving the feel of Project M, and I'd like to thank Strongbad once again for helping Kirbykaze and I with everything.

I've compiled a list of inconsistencies we've found while playing, and it would be awesome if I could talk to some of you guys about the suggestions the Canadian scene has.

I really want to contribute to this to make it the best it can be.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Hey guys.

I'm really loving the feel of Project M, and I'd like to thank Strongbad once again for helping Kirbykaze and I with everything.

I've compiled a list of inconsistencies we've found while playing, and it would be awesome if I could talk to some of you guys about the suggestions the Canadian scene has.

You can send the list to me or any P:M BR if you'd like and they can make a thread about it in the P:M Back Room.

Edit: Or just send it to Strong_Bad like he said xD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey guys.

pass it on to KK and he can make a topic in the Back Room.
that, or you can simply PM me or hit me up on AIM.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
lol I vote keep the Yes when falcon lands that awesome killing knee thats beyond awesome.

Revven

FrankerZ
They even added the YES! that's never used in-game to his Utaunt, AWESOME! :D (I've been wanting that to be on that taunt since people found out you could change SFX in PSA). Now he just needs the "YEEAAAAAAHHRRRRGH" from Melee in the victory screen animation that used it in Melee.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You mean the "YEEAAAAAAARRRGH" when he does the spin kick revealing his manly crotch?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I think i recall talk about Sonic getting only a small WD. I'm not sure if that ever went into effect but it seems like a good idea since his mobility is already amazing.
I don't know how you'd qualify length but the build I used had average if I had to guess. But regardless of size WD alone allows for excellent grab game opportunities.

G

genkaku

Falcon's SFX are better than Zant's, even.
Just how open-minded will SFX changes be?

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
melee fox just looks like a boss, as do all melee characters compared to their barwl counterparts

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
No seriously, I don't like the way he looks in Melee.

....looks like a douche. :< Brawl Ganon looks much more like what I would expect him to look like. I mainly don't like the huge nose. xD

I R MarF

Smash Ace
No seriously, I don't like the way he looks in Melee.

....looks like a douche. :< Brawl Ganon looks much more like what I would expect him to look like. I mainly don't like the huge nose. xD
Melee Ganon looks more normal to me because it's based off his ocarina of time appearance. And whichever came first will always be the best. If I told you to do an impression of James Bond you'd think Sean Connery not Pierce Brosnan. Why? Because Sean Connery set the appearance and qualities of Bond in stone. Not his predecessors.

Plus, the big nose isn't really as painful as SSBB's Ganon back harness posture, sausage legs, and underbite. Twilight princess made him look like a tool.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
What I don't understand about this project is why clones are being replicated. Clones were one of the worst features of Melee. Falco is now too much like Fox again....

EDIT: I approve of everything else, though (except the Melee Air Dodge and no Air dodge during tumble)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And whichever came first will always be the best.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FLSHK: you don't approve of Melee Air Dodge and No Air Dodge During Tumble...? this IS project M, you do realize that, right? Brawl Air Dodge is simply BAD and has no place in any Smash game, in my opinion. Clone (gosh, how I hate the use of that word in reference to Melee's similar characters) replication is because many "clones" were iconic in Melee. Falco plays nothing like Fox in the competitive sense, and this applies to every other "clone".

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I don't see how. I don't like his look at all. What makes it so much worse?

TP Ganon looks bulky and stiff, the way you would expect someone his size and in armor to look and move. The way he ran in Melee didn't make much sense, as you'd think his armor just collapses into itself while he does anything really; it IS a videogame though. xD

And besides, usually more powerful characters are like that. And then there are people like Ike...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this conversation doesn't even have anything to do with any actual aspect of this project. i couldn't give two ****s if ganondorf carried an umbrella all the time as long as his physics and moveset were Melee.

I R MarF

Smash Ace

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lol. Strongbad. You are officially my hero for doing that.

OoT Ganon is hideous. The design is completely inferior to TP Ganon.
Feel the wrath of my stock photos on google images:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/4/48/Ganondorf_OoT.jpg
http://e1000.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ganondorf_twilight.jpg

These pictures clearly define the absolute ******ery of OoT Ganon. TP Ganon looks like he has downs. And why is his hair in corn rows?

Nah, I find this statement ridiculous. Gonna have to respectfully disagree.
Well, we are entitled to our opinions

I don't see how. I don't like his look at all. What makes it so much worse?

TP Ganon looks bulky and stiff, the way you would expect someone his size and in armor to look and move. The way he ran in Melee didn't make much sense, as you'd think his armor just collapses into itself while he does anything really; it IS a videogame though. xD

And besides, usually more powerful characters are like that. And then there are people like Ike...
Yeah, Ganon's melee run looked a bit too dramatic for his speed but his jog in SSBB just looks painful (again, like he has a back harness).

However, the more natural attack style of Melee Ganon just looked better and more importantly WORKED better overall.

But, I can't disagree with your last point. There really is no point in debating this. lol

this conversation doesn't even have anything to do with any actual aspect of this project. i couldn't give two ****s if ganondorf carried an umbrella all the time as long as his physics and moveset were Melee.
You make a valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom