• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Let me just say that right now (for those misinformed) Pit's Up B is probably being changed or looking to be changed because of the issues it has with the gravity adjustments made. The heavy gravity makes his Up B really suck chunks so ... it only makes sense to change it to something entirely if they can't fix what's wrong with it. Oh and obv to make it fit in a Melee environment.

That's what I think anyway.

Let me just say that right now (for those misinformed) Pit's Up B is probably being changed or looking to be changed because of the issues it has with the gravity adjustments made. The heavy gravity makes his Up B really suck chunks so ... it only makes sense to change it to something entirely if they can't fix what's wrong with it. Oh and obv to make it fit in a Melee environment.

That's what I think anyway.
If the gravity issues can't be fixed, then of course changing it is really the only option.

But in a game with Peach and Jiggles, you can't tell me that Pit's recovery can't be made to fit.

shanus

Smash Hero
If the gravity issues can't be fixed, then of course changing it is really the only option.

But in a game with Peach and Jiggles, you can't tell me that Pit's recovery can't be made to fit.
Its a matter of toying with it a lot. I think we can find floating points to fix it, but its current super long duration is also not very suited. I think something with obviously more vertical power / faster moving horizontal / still interruptable but shorter overall duration might be a bit better suited.

Bandit

Smash Lord
How about something similar to Lucario's UpB? It is short, he can attack out of it, and it adds options to his game. His UpB in any form is pretty crappy even without the gravity hitting him hard.

It would nerf his range of recovery and force him to glide from longer distances, give him a better shot at recovering from short range (right now it is auto-gimp), and it would be a short, quick recovery. Would it feel Melee? It would be far closer to Melee than his current UpB.

Its a matter of toying with it a lot. I think we can find floating points to fix it, but its current super long duration is also not very suited. I think something with obviously more vertical power / faster moving horizontal / still interruptable but shorter overall duration might be a bit better suited.
Can't argue with that, since it's close to what I was suggesting anyway.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
pit's up b?

here an idea.

*glide animation.
*faster glide animation.
*same up b blue effect on the wings.
*can be canceld.
*getting hit or canceling it makes you go into freefall.
*when the move ends it goes into normal glide removing the blue effect on the wings aswell.
*wont slow down even if you go up.
*can only be used once in the air.
*duration depends on how fast the glide speed will be i guess.

and if its possible if you dont input a direction it stays in pits normal up animation and effect untill you do or the moves has ended.

and probably make it a shorter duration then the orginal up b since this could be a pretty broken recovery.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Since it was easy to punish his upB in Brawl I imagine it's even worse. I still say he should get a Vertical boost and then he can go from there. Something like G&W. However he can attack out of it and then start again however he gets less of a boost depending on how much is used. That or you can make the first few animations of his UpB invincible but that could lead to some gay camping/Stalling....which was in melee but nobody did it because....it's melee. That or you could simply make it so that his Wings have an attack of high priority like Peaches umbrella-ela-ela.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I think pit's upb should be like this:
Blue wings come out shortly after u press it also blowing people a bit away if they're close, Pit flaps his wings 3 times rapidly each time gaining height, during this time u can move in any direction. After he flaps the third time, he then goes into free fall.

Or maybe, wind hitbox, he flaps his wings once with a lot of strenght and gains a lot of vertical momentum and then goes into free fall. There's so many possibilities...

humble

Smash Ace
Why not give him something similar to shuttle loop, only without the slash (so his body is the hitbox) and a spin instead of a flip. Then it makes him go into a glide. From what I've seen of the new kid Icarus game, flying is really important to pit's play. Faster glide start animation, and giving it the ability to be interrupted by his n. B, and airdodge.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
By February we hope to be doing minor balance tweaks, but who knows.

shanus

Smash Hero
I think it is safe to say there will be a stable version out to the public, and might have minor adjustments for balance or bugs, but should be good Plank.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Footstooling Remapped Footstooling was remapped to uptaunt. Through inclusion of a button remapping code, you can map this to the jump button you don't use. For example, I jump with Y, so I mapped it to X. So now I jump with Y, and Footstool with X.
Has the button remapping code been made yet? Or even the code to move footstool to uptaunt? If so can I have one or the other? I'm tired of random footstools.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
@TLOC

all the questions you asked are in the post you quoted >>
That code for some reason is on lockdown then. I remember the remaping to uptaunt was put in one of the B+ beta's forever ago and I have been looking for it off and on for the past 6 months to no avail. Wanted to ask for the code again to see if I was in luck today.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
So far for pits recovery the only good ideas imo is shuttle loop and lucario's.. charizards is ok, but i think it would look weird on pit. I also think pit should have less multi hit aerials. They don't feel like melee at all imo either unless it was like a dair/drill or something. They just feel really weird.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
My idea from SmashMods:

What about shifting the emphasis from his Up-B more towards his glide and possibly jumps?

GLIDE
Speed up how quickly he goes into his glide and how quickly his glide moves, then instead of just glide attack (maybe keep that on Z?) allow him to cancel his glide into any of his aerials. I'm imagining actually working his glide into his combos and edgeguarding and such. Don't add the glide-stop code back in, or at least exempt pit so that he can jump, glide, jump.

JUMPS
Maybe give him another jump or two.

Up-B
Make it a stall similar in momentum to fox's shine, but instead of a hitbox / reflection box, keep the windbox on it. No jump cancel or anything like that but low landing lag so that he can do it as a GTFO OoS.

Revven

FrankerZ
It'll try to have the Melee camera (meaning that right now the code that would be perfect for it is still buggy as all sin).

humble

Smash Ace
My idea from SmashMods:

What about shifting the emphasis from his Up-B more towards his glide and possibly jumps?

GLIDE
Speed up how quickly he goes into his glide and how quickly his glide moves, then instead of just glide attack (maybe keep that on Z?) allow him to cancel his glide into any of his aerials. I'm imagining actually working his glide into his combos and edgeguarding and such. Don't add the glide-stop code back in, or at least exempt pit so that he can jump, glide, jump.

JUMPS
Maybe give him another jump or two.

Up-B
Make it a stall similar in momentum to fox's shine, but instead of a hitbox / reflection box, keep the windbox on it. No jump cancel or anything like that but low landing lag so that he can do it as a GTFO OoS.
I like the Glide idea, but how about keeping his up-B how is, with gravity meaning he just stalls in place?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So, I was supposed to be training for a B+ tourney tonight, but meh, unless Thunderhorse forces me to under pain of torture, expect a Project M stream later on, like 9-ish. He'll be drunk so it should be easy :p

D

Deleted member

I think changing the vBrawl recoveries to not even look similar to the finished P:M recovery is too different.

You can say it's not Melee like to attack after recovery, but there are characters in Melee without conventional go straight up/freefall up-b recoveries. Ness, Jigglypuff, Peach, and Yoshi have moderately unique recoveries in Melee.

Jiggs and Peach can attack extensively while recovering too.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Trolling in smash is a techskill itself. It takes quite a bit of skills actually to perform it with success without being hit. Especially with sonic.

So what's left to code in terms of mechanics?

-meteor cancels
-light shielding
-shield angling(?)

And those that are impossible at the moment:
-wall grapples
-ledge roll occupancy

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
One question, wouldn't buffer make many techniques (like waveshine/wavedash) MUCH easier to do fast if u had buffer on? i think u should change that and find a way to make it so u can't buffer air dodges or something. because last time i tried playing with buffer on, i was pressing L pretty early with bowser and i was doing fast wavedashes with him. i just was too lazy to say anything about it

humble

Smash Ace
JCaesar, nice stream, Snake looks cool (besides utilt) Ike is sexy as always, I suggest him for next smashmod update.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Stream was legit minus over use of Lucario.... I didn't get a glimps of some characters but looks good from what I saw. For the first time I can't really complain about anything I saw. I don't want to jump the gun and stuff because it still needs lots of work. However I'm sure that i'm not the only one getting a sense that This can work. I mean truly truly work as the second coming of melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom