• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genkaku

A question concerning P:M zelda. Personally, I prefer Brawl Zelda a hundred times over to Melee Zelda. She's my vBrawl main, actually. Is she one of the characters receiving a buff in P:M to encourage a better standing against higher-tier characters, or will this possibly interfere with Sheik gameplay?

Bandit

Smash Lord
A question concerning P:M zelda. Personally, I prefer Brawl Zelda a hundred times over to Melee Zelda. She's my vBrawl main, actually. Is she one of the characters receiving a buff in P:M to encourage a better standing against higher-tier characters, or will this possibly interfere with Sheik gameplay?
I've played her extensively in P:M. I main her in all versions of smash she is in.

You won't be disappointed. She stands alone just fine.

Zelda will be and already is fine, trust me
+1

Imo Project M Zelda is the Best of any version of smash. modded or not.
+1

D

Deleted member

Make Pit's up-b cancel his momentum upon use like ROB's. Pit dips down and cannot accelerate upwards fast enough to use it with Melee gravity. Just make it pretty much like ROB's vBrawl recovery.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Instead of having a free roaming upB, lets just give Pit an upB where it shoots up or something. Like mentioned, something similar to Charizard's. The moment the wings come out it gives a quick lash and pushes himself vertically (with controllable angles to a certain degree). But then.. he won't have his upB cancel attacks.

If Pit's UpB needs a nerf, just make him go into fallspecial even if he attack cancels it. I really don't see the point though. He'll have no trouble being gimped by any of the Melee vets because of his recovery's slow speed and maneuverability.

Hell, Peach and Jiggles will have a better recovery than him even if it actually gets buffed.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
what if he had a windbox sheild? that would be interesting... but pretty broke(maybe)
now I dont know alot about pit, but im guessing he's good against characters with very poor range and mobility.
wouldnt that help solidify his strengths? as the low ranged characters tend not to have a projectile that would easily snipe him out of it through the wind. (keep in mind im really unfamiliar with his matchups :p)

shanus

Smash Hero
Instead of having a free roaming upB, lets just give Pit an upB where it shoots up or something. Like mentioned, something similar to Charizard's. The moment the wings come out it gives a quick lash and pushes himself vertically (with controllable angles to a certain degree). But then.. he won't have his upB cancel attacks.
It should have a spiking windbox below it.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think Charizard's recovery would work the best.

Though what you are saying sounds a little like Lucario's recovery which could also work.

Either way, Pit's gliding animation should be used for when he launches.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
that sounds really cool. it would be like wolf's vbrawl one, only without being really bad.

but at the same time, I don't think upb cancel attacks are all THAT great. they are like having DJC with more start up time, a windbox, and lower priority aerials than most DJC characters. =/

It should have a spiking windbox below it.
that would be worse than getting hit by a late link up b. falling hella slow to your death LOL. I like it

shanus

Smash Hero
that sounds really cool. it would be like wolf's vbrawl one, only without being really bad.

but at the same time, I don't think upb cancel attacks are all THAT great. they are like having DJC with more start up time, a windbox, and lower priority aerials than most DJC characters. =/

that would be worse than getting hit by a late link up b. falling hella slow to your death LOL. I like it
lol yeah, i'm picturing a zard upB but with a spike windbox below it at the start LOL

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's not Melee. At all.

I know, I know: "Pit wasn't in Melee" *smug grin*

Shut up you. You know what I mean. It doesn't fit very well in a Melee environment. It's why we revamped ROB's and MK's recoveries.

It's not Melee. At all.

I know, I know: "Pit wasn't in Melee" *smug grin*

Shut up you. You know what I mean. It doesn't fit very well in a Melee environment. It's why we revamped ROB's and MK's recoveries.
Wouldn't it be more reasonable to have it send into fallspecial after it ends with an attack or runs out of time, shorten the timer, refresh it after being hit, and make it more maneuverable?

Then you basically have a more maneuverable (in the y axis, at least), less safe version of Peach's float. Not to mention you leave Pit's unique UpB instead of making it like every other UpB in the game.

wow anyone talking about windboxes in project m needs to be shot
Ohlol

shanus

Smash Hero
see, me talking about windboxes ending with a huge LOL should be a sign of you know, sarcasm

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I think you should just convert all hitboxes to windboxes instead. What's more bad *** than fighting with the wind you create from punching? :p

(Combining some ideas mentioned here) What if the first part of his UpB was like a short burst upwards, then after that you had control to move like normal, but on a much shorter timer. So it'd stop his falling but still be able to be gimped, but still wouldn't be a linear recovery like Charizard.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
(Combining some ideas mentioned here) What if the first part of his UpB was like a short burst upwards, then after that you had control to move like normal, but on a much shorter timer. So it'd stop his falling but still be able to be gimped, but still wouldn't be a linear recovery like Charizard.
likin this idea. the instant pop would do wonders for snake's as well, provided there's still just a short moment where he's dealing with fall rebound. otherwise, it's too slow-modo, yeah?
or maybe that revamp has changed him into a respectable piece of work! ohh, so excited for tomorrow.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think people get so negative about modding character that weren't in melee. It should be an exciting time to me. It is the chance to use our melee knowledge to be original and creative!!! *inspirational music plays*

As for Pit. Give him the ability to Up B after being hit. Maybe make it so that he can glide out of his upB. That or the initial UpB Gives him an aerial boost rather he is on the ground or not.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I think you should just convert all hitboxes to windboxes instead. What's more bad *** than fighting with the wind you create from punching? :p

we are trying to nerf it not buff it lol

but hmm..let's see......idk, the charizard up b clone seems to....."obvious?" although i don't have any ideas in mind either. Heck i actually would be fine with Pit having no up b and just giving him a few extra jumps

EDIT: **** it, just give him a Barrel Roll (edited for Bionic >>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom