• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
i was talking about chraging smashes off the edge, not the YYG
are you going to add flowers to white pikmins if a smash connects? if not thats fine

what im worried about is his recovery, read the pm i sent, but if it has to be a tether make it so if someone is on the ledge with no invinci frames, you can tether them off ledge and tether the ledge.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
ZSS is beast... Dash canceled dsmash and tilts are way more useful than WD tilts and dsmash. I honestly think her short hop should be lowered and she would be able to combo ALOT better. I feel like she would be more effective at a lower height and it would speed her up as well.

D

Deleted member

ZSS is beast... Dash canceled dsmash and tilts are way more useful than WD tilts and dsmash. I honestly think her short hop should be lowered and she would be able to combo ALOT better. I feel like she would be more effective at a lower height and it would speed her up as well.
Her short hop is kinda high. Not high in respect to other characters, but the hitboxes on her moves come out high like Nair, Bair, and Fair.

You guys should make some kind of cool AT with her down-b flip jump too. I dunno what to make of it though.

G

genkaku

Remind me, what was the plan for Marth's shield breaker? Melee swing or Brawl stab?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
dam, don't you guys watch the streams? o-O

Marth's shield breaker has been the melee swing for as long as i can remember (just needs cosmetic/animation tweaks)

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
dam, don't you guys watch the streams? o-O

Marth's shield breaker has been the melee swing for as long as i can remember (just needs cosmetic/animation tweaks)
lol hes right. it hits like the melee version, but it looks nothing like it LOL

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Her short hop is kinda high. Not high in respect to other characters, but the hitboxes on her moves come out high like Nair, Bair, and Fair.

You guys should make some kind of cool AT with her down-b flip jump too. I dunno what to make of it though.
Yea exactly... she's jumps like shiek but without a moveset that compliments the jump height. If it was lower, it would be better. And down b to footstool is so hard with the footstool mapped to the up taunt. LOL i'm too lazy to change my button config.

jalued

Smash Lord
i was just rewatching the falco ditto

Is the increased DI potency from the brawl engine going to be a problem for this project recreating melee feel and gameplay? There seemed to be alot of missed shine->bairs in that video.

Is there any way to try and compensate for the brawl engine, or even make DI less substantial?

I R MarF

Smash Ace

Yea, i agree. It should be interruptable and keep the up to down momentum it creates. You could flip over someone and lash out with the b side then follow up.

Also, you can wall jump out of her b down right?

D

Deleted member

Yea, i agree. It should be interruptable and keep the up to down momentum it creates. You could flip over someone and lash out with the b side then follow up.

Also, you can wall jump out of her b down right?
Hitting a wall with her down-b makes Zamus flip jump from the wall.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I honestly think her short hop should be lowered and she would be able to combo ALOT better. I feel like she would be more effective at a lower height and it would speed her up as well.
This.

This as well.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I was gonna post this earlier but I actually was thinking about what you guys where posting about ZSS I do think her having a shorter short jump would be awesome. would be cool if you could make it like how the length of falco's or rather falcons is.

Another thing that could probably help ZSS maybe when doing her downB due to if she gets hit off when coming back she looses the ability to do it again (at least in B+) have her either be able to refresh the secondary jump (which I could see working for a lot of the thether return characters) or give her the option the have the downB again to gain some distance.

I would rather prefer the first option due to it could lead to some interesting combos also it could counter balance the high gravity factor.

again these just some ideas.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i was just rewatching the falco ditto

Is the increased DI potency from the brawl engine going to be a problem for this project recreating melee feel and gameplay? There seemed to be alot of missed shine->bairs in that video.

Is there any way to try and compensate for the brawl engine, or even make DI less substantial?

over 9,000 ^this

this is what makes me wonder why you guys would include PAL nerfs (Sheik's D-throw) when Brawl already has way more DI'bility (which i'm unaware if that's capable of being edited). But i think that even with NTSC d-throw, it wouldn't chaingrab as easy cuz of DI potency being much greater in Brawl.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Sheik has NTSC down-throw, and as you can imagine, the Brawl DI engine allows formost characters to get free after just 2-3 regrabs.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i need to hear this from Shanus cuz i've been told soooo many times it was gonna be PAL >>

and i was like...... "noooooooooooo"

but yeah, that's great news Orca ^^;

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
He says Joey, not Joel. Joey is Lucky's name iirc
Whups. It's sort of strange how they call mango "mango", but they call SS "Jeff". Probably cause they're from Norcal.

EDIT:

LOL Cuba you played SS in Brawl? And beat him? Ha! Nice.

Do all of you already have combo videos or something? If so, I should get started.

It is unnecessarily difficult to find a local Smash tourney in Calgary. We got King, and that's about it.
I really want to play someone better than me, cause right now I'm basically uncontested out of the people I've played. And yet, I haven't played anyone who knows how to wavedash or L-Cancel. I don't know what it would be like playing PC Chris or someone.

Btw, why do SS and Tang always play as Green?

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
what does any of that have to do with project m?
and fyi they play as green because ss is always green, ALWAYS

humble

Smash Ace
Could you increase the range on flame choke to give it a slight disjoint? Since it's so slow and all, it should at least land over more attacks.

D

Deleted member

Should add in a Melee Gerudo Dragon side-b for disjoint and have ganon be able to use both of them off side-b like Samus's missiles tap/smash.

That aside, is Falcon going to have his slow tech roll still? Or will it be sped up to balance the character when balancing comes?

D

Deleted member

^they are iirc, and is the techroll change for dealing with sheik?
No. Many characters can tech chase Falcon and abuse his tech roll with grabs, aerials, or smash attacks. They can do it on all other characters, but Falcon's slow tech roll just makes it a few frames easier to react and deal with.

You can make a sandwich, take salsa lessons, and direct an award winning movie before Falcon can do anything out of his tech roll.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
it's really not that big of a deal at all except for sheik, they can 0-death off 1 grab with nothing but reaction. priority, recovery, and defensive options are far more important if you're worried about balancing him

G

genkaku

Brawl+ Falcon's tech roll is the perfect length and speed for someone to chain Ganon's side-B. You would have to be a real idiot to fall for it repeatedly, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom