• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No, it works. He just can't believe you didn't pick smash over a girl.

No idea why though.

Sliq

Smash Master
Sigh...fine.

Other people that would be good to test: PC Chris, Ken & Isai (If they still played), M2K, Forward, Chu, Armada, etc etc.

I'm in Canada, so it doesn't really apply anyways, just that the west coast ones are usually lighting it up. And east coast has waffles and phil as commentators.

And also WOMBO COMBO.

If the lead developer Shanus is the one that made "Flipping the bird", at least he's ok :-p

Was it that hard, sliq?
Inb4sliqnamesearches

I'll probably get a live stream up this weekend full of the midsouth's finest.
****, you guys got all of your bases covered. >= <

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't feel like my point got across in terms of Yoshi's shield.

Shanus, if Yoshi could jump OoS, he'd have the best shield. But he can't, so it's pretty irrelevant.

I understand the inherent properties can't be changed, but if Yoshi could DownB OoS, and have his shield drop time reduced, I'd be fine.

Also, Falcon is possibly the most broken character in Project M at the moment LOL.

Knee is way too good.

jalued

Smash Lord
Also, Falcon is possibly the most broken character in Project M at the moment LOL.

Knee is way too good.
in terms of power, hitbox size or ability to combo into knee? are you sure it isnt just due to alot of characters not having their physics perfected, so they are probably floaty and hence easy to combo (like jiggz)?

just procrastinating :p

shanus

Smash Hero
in terms of power, hitbox size or ability to combo into knee? are you sure it isnt just due to alot of characters not having their physics perfected, so they are probably floaty and hence easy to combo (like jiggz)?

Falcon is also one of few characters who has had a lot of his moves knockbacks increased to better match melee

D

Deleted member

It's probably a combination of things like boundries, his uthrow (lol), and imperfect physics. Balance aside, meh.

.Marik

is a social misfit

Just the sheer hitbox size and raw power.

But, the game isn't balanced enough yet. No worries.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
so i have a question about this if this is melee 2.0 will the b hole glitch be revived ?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, if they try to add in YYG (which does add gameplay....(and I would love it)), they kind of would have to. It's uses the same concept. Hitboxes renew after hitting 12(?) other hitboxes.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Just a question I know WDing will help alot with big characters but I actually have a question I know in B+ at least to me and a couple of people I play with notice that usually well rather majority of the time the fast or rather rapid characters usually dominate.

Now my question is are the heavy characters gonna have some offset to I know your not really about balance in this time and point but are the heavy characters like DDD Bowser and DK gonna have something to counter those fast characters to even have a chance of being played?

Like currently in B+ majority of them are just punching bags and if you play a fast character with great combo potential theres really nothing you can do. Just wondering if theres any plans for the heavy characters to give them abit more survivablilty or something.

Also for Donkey Kong since you guys are trying to re-Meleeify some characters can you make him so his ^B has more vertical length?

What are the plans for ZSS?

jalued

Smash Lord
Well, if they try to add in YYG (which does add gameplay....(and I would love it)), they kind of would have to. It's uses the same concept. Hitboxes renew after hitting 12(?) other hitboxes.
it did add gameplay, but only because ness was just so bad without it. Why is hitbox renew on frame 12 important anyway?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Same difference. :yoshi:

Don't worry, this game has my unconditional support.

If 5ive hosts a casual this Friday, expect my eccentric commentary and lightning-quick Yoshi.
5ive's hosting friday? waitwut?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Ness isn't getting back the YYG, mainly because there may be no way of coding it.

Letting him charge Yoyos off the edge of ledges would be pretty nice, though.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Ness isn't getting back the YYG, mainly because there may be no way of coding it.

Letting him charge Yoyos off the edge of ledges would be pretty nice, though.
I'll see what i can figure out (might be article related). I'm not really sure its feasible though

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
ZSS needs some lovin'. I hope Shanus and friends can work around the data constraints surrounding Samus and ZSS. She really could be a **** tier character by design.
not really. you are limited to using more aerials than anything else if its melee style, unless they speed up the side B a LOT. personally I would like to see her with that brawl - style dair, where you can control it like a normal aerial.

oh, also, I found a pretty ridic glitch when I was playing with zelgadis, but I dunno if I should post it here or not

shanus

Smash Hero
not really. you are limited to using more aerials than anything else if its melee style, unless they speed up the side B a LOT. personally I would like to see her with that brawl - style dair, where you can control it like a normal aerial.

oh, also, I found a pretty ridic glitch when I was playing with zelgadis, but I dunno if I should post it here or not
sure, just PM me. Lemme guess its due to a crouch cancel and air dodge??

Ulevo

Smash Master

How are you limited to aerials? Wavedash down smash? Wavedash tilts? Crouch cancel down tilt? And that's assuming she isn't changed.

Also, that down air is terrible. The hit box is too small on it. At least the fast fall property with L Canceling you could negate the lag and speed up her gameplay.

One addition I believe would suit ZSS really well would be to make her Nair hit box larger. Increase the animation and hit box range of the whip. My take.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
sure, just PM me. Lemme guess its due to a crouch cancel and air dodge??
sent. nah, what happens when you CC airdodge? some weird momentum glitch?

How are you limited to aerials? Wavedash down smash? Wavedash tilts? Crouch cancel down tilt? And that's assuming she isn't changed.

Also, that down air is terrible. The hit box is too small on it. At least the fast fall property with L Canceling you could negate the lag and speed up her gameplay.

One addition I believe would suit ZSS really well would be to make her Nair hit box larger. Increase the animation and hit box range of the whip. My take.
wavedash dsmash would still be incredibly slow. you could never approach with it without getting hit, so it would have to be a defensive option at most. wavedash tilts are ok, but then her tilt properties need to get changed, at least for ftilt. but trust me, the brawl- dair is better by a lot. it actually gives you a use for the move. I don't even think the hitbox is that small, I spike way too much with it in that game.

I just think its silly to give her most viable spike move an auto fast fall

jalued

Smash Lord
i was just rewatching the falco ditto

Is the increased DI potency from the brawl engine going to be a problem for this project recreating melee feel and gameplay? There seemed to be alot of missed shine->bairs in that video.

Is there any way to try and compensate for the brawl engine, or even make DI less substantial?

and i agree about giving ZSS a dair that doesnt automatically fastfall. It would allow her to combo better, and would allow her to be more than a GTFO character

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Nice work your doing guys, cant wait to play melee again.
But I have some questions hopefully you guys can answer atleast 1 of them:

- Do Sonic's and ToonLink´s Dairs are going to be replaced or tweaked, because of being useless in most situations (even in spiking TLs is dangerous).

- Is Lucario's MoreDamage=MoreKnockback ability is planned to be in and also Bowser's crouching super armor that was implemented in Brawl+ (IMO this was a great buff to it's game)

- How the Heavies are going to play. I will not touch on Snake and Ike, I think you guys have already things planned for both. DK and Ganon are pretty much happy, DK with his Cargo Setups and Ganon is just happy with L-Cancelling. But Bowser and D3 have to be tweaked in a way that they are least as effective as these guys, anything planned? (i have some ideas but I dont think it should be posted here because I will get carried away XD)

- I was thinking on doing a kind of " Proyect M Hype Thread" or somethin like where I would add mostly extras such as textures that resemble melee, either character textures, stage textures or vertex hacks, similar menus, melee soundstracks as BRSTM etc. Additionally to that things such as avatar or sigs so people could kind of promote the Proyect so more people could get into it (more competition, discussion, and feedback). And so people can just say whatever doesnt fit in this thread that I think is more of technical questions about the game.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I just think its silly to give her most viable spike move an auto fast fall
All you need to do is have the animation for the move end sooner. That's all. It's the only problem holding the move back from being useful, because you can't use it off stage without dying. It would accomplish the same thing off stage, except better, and it would be easier to combo with on stage because she'd hit the ground faster, allowing for follow ups.

and i agree about giving ZSS a dair that doesnt automatically fastfall. It would allow her to combo better, and would allow her to be more than a GTFO character
ZSS is not a GTFO character.

EDIT: Also, how would it allow her to combo better?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Nice work your doing guys, cant wait to play melee again.
But I have some questions hopefully you guys can answer atleast 1 of them:

- Do Sonic's and ToonLink´s Dairs are going to be replaced or tweaked, because of being useless in most situations (even in spiking TLs is dangerous).

- Is Lucario's MoreDamage=MoreKnockback ability is planned to be in and also Bowser's crouching super armor that was implemented in Brawl+ (IMO this was a great buff to it's game)

- How the Heavies are going to play. I will not touch on Snake and Ike, I think you guys have already things planned for both. DK and Ganon are pretty much happy, DK with his Cargo Setups and Ganon is just happy with L-Cancelling. But Bowser and D3 have to be tweaked in a way that they are least as effective as these guys, anything planned? (i have some ideas but I dont think it should be posted here because I will get carried away XD)

- I was thinking on doing a kind of " Proyect M Hype Thread" or somethin like where I would add mostly extras such as textures that resemble melee, either character textures, stage textures or vertex hacks, similar menus, melee soundstracks as BRSTM etc. Additionally to that things such as avatar or sigs so people could kind of promote the Proyect so more people could get into it (more competition, discussion, and feedback). And so people can just say whatever doesnt fit in this thread that I think is more of technical questions about the game.
Sonic's dair is the same and is still pretty useful. TL's no longer auto-FFs, and eventually will be a bit more like Young Link's.

Aura still works the same way, I believe.

Boozer's SA crawl is still in. He's solid. The speed-up to his tilts from B+ give him a lot more safe defensive options and a lot of his moves in general are stronger. We've taken B+ boozer and added in some of his Melee strengths, basically.

Giza did a lot of work on DDD, and I can't really comment on where it's at right now or where it's going. Maybe another player can add some comments here.

A hype thread isn't needed at this time (that's basically what's going on here), and would probably be closed. If you wait until we do a public release, though, we'll open up some PM boards on SmashMods and you can start a thread there for textures etc. if you like.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
@SHell

Thanks a lot for answering me the questions. One last thing, it always bothered me how Sakurai made Ike had a slow style of play and made him rely on his Jab way to much, because actually Ike was really fast for someone who has played his Fire Emblem. So how are you guys planning on making Ike play?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
He's a lot faster. Tune into a stream (you can usually catch a link for one here on Saturday evenings) to see more.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
All you need to do is have the animation for the move end sooner. That's all. It's the only problem holding the move back from being useful, because you can't use it off stage without dying. It would accomplish the same thing off stage, except better, and it would be easier to combo with on stage because she'd hit the ground faster, allowing for follow ups.
that makes sense, but I still don't like the idea of an auto fast fall. sure, it does speed her up. but in a way its like using a laggy triangle jump, so its approach options are limited. to use it as an edgeguard seems like the most viable use for the move, and even then its super risky, and you're probably better off trying to do something different (edge hop bair or something). I just think it feels better overall to not have a momentum stopper, that autofast falls.

ZSS is not a GTFO character.

EDIT: Also, how would it allow her to combo better?
I totally agree with that, she's not very GTFO/in your face lol.
but having the free momentum dair means you can use it in follow ups, tech chases, all sorts of stuff. you can even have your own version of Free Parking by doing dair to bair. it would be easier to edge guard with as well, seeing as you don't have to completely predict their recovery. you can predict it, be off, and if you react quick enough you might be able to do something, as opposed to putting yourself in an easily edge hoggable situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom