• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
FLUDD and Mario Tornado on seperate inputs of down-b? If so, that's very cool.
On the ground it works as Rocket Nozzle. There is no tornado. It is chargeable and at fullcharge goes very high. It has interrupt on frame 2 into airdodge and aerials. It's your vertical reach. Uncharged goes about shorthop height.

In the air, it works like melee, except FLUDD is out and every time you press B, more water comes out.

&if you guys think taunt canceling is a problem, come visit me in southern michigan so i can beat some sense into you personally

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Taunt canceling with Sonic is a viable strategy. It causes ragequits.

I say leave it in, as it fits in with Sonic being an annoying prick. XD

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
You don't need a projectile to run away for an entire match. Once you've taken a stock or lead, you just need speed.
Usually at least for tourneys they usually consider running away stalling the match and is usually forced for Disqualification to that player regardless how much hes winning by.

Wow now i know at least 2 more people are here from Michigan and not just me lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Usually at least for tourneys they usually consider running away stalling the match and is usually forced for Disqualification to that player regardless how much hes winning by.
In actual tournaments, that's really hard to enforce. To my knowledge, no one has ever been DQed from a major tournament for running away.

It's best just not to give a character the tools to easily avoid their opponent for the entire match. Then you don't need fuzzy rules and soft bans.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
On the ground it works as Rocket Nozzle. There is no tornado. It is chargeable and at fullcharge goes very high. It has interrupt on frame 2 into airdodge and aerials. It's your vertical reach. Uncharged goes about shorthop height.

In the air, it works like melee, except FLUDD is out and every time you press B, more water comes out.

&if you guys think taunt canceling is a problem, come visit me in southern michigan so i can beat some sense into you personally
Wait, that's seriously what it's going to be? If so, I approve 100% (not that my approval is necessary to establish this, but I'd enjoy playing Mario that much more).

shanus

Smash Hero
It's there any footage of Mario's down-b in the videos JCeasar posted? Haven't seen the mario matches.
It's not done yet, still very work-in-progress.

Many kudos to WindOwl, TSON, and Shell for it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah, so it is indeed confirmed. I can imagine it being tricky to pull off but I can't wait to see it in future streams/videos.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
will the b mashing be as difficult as melee or a hybrid of the brawl and melee mashing

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It probably will be. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I agree, Autotune is extremely annoying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sonic cannot just run away. at some point he has to jump over you, at which point you can attack him.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. It can't tell these things because I haven't played the game yet. I will be traveling to Wilmington to stay with some friends for a bit. I may end up with some free time to travel to MD and maybe hook up with some ppl from there....
Wilmington MA...? I live 15 mins from there... You wouldn't happen to be interested in playing some Project Melee with me, would you? :p

When are you going to be in Wilmington?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
sonic cannot just run away. at some point he has to jump over you, at which point you can attack him.
I knew a ganon that thought the same thing once. He tried so hard as Pink Shinobi timed him out....:laugh:

Wilmington MA...? I live 15 mins from there... You wouldn't happen to be interested in playing some Project Melee with me, would you? :p

When are you going to be in Wilmington?
I am in Wilmington right now and I'll probably be here for around a week or so. Anyone interested in Playing some Melee or Project Melee can notify me ;).

94teen

Smash Cadet
I'm really excited about this; everything you guys put up is exponentially more awesome and polished than the last thing.

I don't have a whole lot to do this summer, so if you can point me to some reference material, I'd be glad to help out with the project. I have a reasonable amount of coding experience in VBA, VBNet, Fortran, and C++, but I'm not familiar with any of the material being used to do the coding.

In short, if I can learn how to do stuff, I'd be glad to help out however I can if you want some help for a few months. I'll probably have a reasonable amount of time to contribute until octoberish or so.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sure... get a DK one please ;)

by the way

C-stick Downsmash While Crouching

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I remember seeing somewhere that Fox would be easier to wavedash and short hop with, but I don't think this is a good idea. The price of being so fast and strong in Melee was that he required extreme control to mess up. If short hopping with Fox was made easier, then it take away some of the mastery found in Melee.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I remember seeing somewhere that Fox would be easier to wavedash and short hop with, but I don't think this is a good idea. The price of being so fast and strong in Melee was that he required extreme control to mess up. If short hopping with Fox was made easier, then it take away some of the mastery found in Melee.
so where did you see that, because his frame data is all the same, so inputs need to be identical in melee to waveshine/shffl aerials.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wavedashing is easier because of landing detection. Short hopping is no different though. He leaves the ground on the same frame as Melee.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
@AGFanProduction

Once you finish the melee cast it would be interesting to see if you could meleefy some Brawl characters. It would be a nice way to add more the melee spirit and I think the less saturized colors and models of melee are clearer than Brawl's.

Just a suggestion though.

Rikana

Smash Champion
You guys are amazing. I was going to bring that up many weeks ago but I thought that you guys would eventually take care of it. And, you did. This makes CC-dsmash more handy and easy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do not worry. We are paying close attention to every single detail about Melee. You needn't ask questions about if X gameplay mechanic will be in or not.

We know what we're doing. This is going to ****.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Whats the plan for Ness? seeing as how Lucas has a ton of more better stuff than he had before.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dang, if someone could just modify the vertices on Fox's head it'd look perfect.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Mmm Mmm Mmmmm.....u guys smell that?..... i wonder what they're cooking in the Back Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom