• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
@AGFanProduction

Once you finish the melee cast it would be interesting to see if you could meleefy some Brawl characters. It would be a nice way to add more the melee spirit and I think the less saturized colors and models of melee are clearer than Brawl's.

Just a suggestion though.
What Characters. For Example ...?
I am not good With Vertex Hacks ... !
just with Texture Hacks ... !

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think there's someone out there that could vertex hack just fine.

@I R MarF
Actually, Melee's models have more saturation than Brawl's. In fact, a lot of the models in Brawl were disappointingly desaturated.
Compare Brawl Mario to Melee Mario

Or for even bigger contrast, compare Brawl Link to Melee Link

And so on.
It's strange because I find most of the newcomers' colors fine (except for Toon Link who was unrightfully sapped of his magnificent color).

Revven

FrankerZ
Dang, if someone could just modify the vertices on Fox's head it'd look perfect.
Pretty sure once mariokart64n finishes Mewtwo and goes back to finishing Melee Ganon he's planning on making Smash 64 Fox (which looks kinda like Melee Fox anyway) or just make both Smash 64 Fox and Melee Fox. Either way, you'll get a Melee Fox that looks exactly like Melee Fox, I'm sure of it. It'll take time though so just wait it out just like waiting for this project to be done.

G

genkaku

Speaking of Toon Link, is it even possible to restore him to his... tooniness?
I know nothing about coding texture hacks, but seeing an accurately cell-shaded Toon Link would be very, very cool. Sounds impossible, though.

.Marik

is a social misfit
LOL.

I got kicked from the stream.

You guys have fun now.

*Edit*

Never mind, back in.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's a bunch out there on Brawl Vault already, you kind of have to pick and choose.
Yeah, although some just straight up give him solid colors which looks incredibly tacky. Because Brawl doesn't provide the proper lighting for Toon Link, I found myself picking a mix that restored the color but left some details in. This one is my personal favorite

Glad to hear that mk64 will get to a Melee/64 Fox at some point!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Snake looking good.

Edit: @above post. If there are PAL coders then yes. Otherwise, you'll have to get an NTSC copy of Brawl.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think there's someone out there that could vertex hack just fine.

@I R MarF
Actually, Melee's models have more saturation than Brawl's. In fact, a lot of the models in Brawl were disappointingly desaturated.
Compare Brawl Mario to Melee Mario

Or for even bigger contrast, compare Brawl Link to Melee Link

And so on.
It's strange because I find most of the newcomers' colors fine (except for Toon Link who was unrightfully sapped of his magnificent color).
Yeah, that is what I meant.

Thanks for correcting me btw.

What Characters. For Example ...?
I am not good With Vertex Hacks ... !
just with Texture Hacks ... !
Could Wario in his overall costume be meleefied to match Mario and Luigi's melee appearance?

And maybe Diddy look a bit like DK (color wise).

Idk how it would look, but it would be interesting to see.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
For the character textures, here a direct comparison of Melee and Brawl Kirby
for proof.

Melee Textures are Better than Brawl Textures
Who cares the Brawl's Detailed Textures....?
When Melee has just a Simple Amazing Textures

Melee has the most Texture balance of all three Smash Bros Games, In Fact.

Melee With Brawl Textures..?
Example

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
I think link looks cooler in brawl aswell. But fox looks much better in melee. He just looks like a wimp in brawl.

Starscream

Smash Ace
There's a difference between detailed textures and color saturation. Melee for the most part had more saturated colors that added more life to the characters but the actual amount of detail on the Brawl textures are better, IMO. And Fox just needs a facelift, smaller shoes and more saturated colors. Everything else is also fine, again IMO. Samus looks terrible in both games. Import the Metroid Prime model!

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Metroid Prime vertex hack would be full of win, Melee or not.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this is probably a dumb question but will this work for PAL regions?

sorry for bad English.
unfortunately i'm not sure many of the codes have been ported to PAL
however I'm sure when we reach the point of releasing a far-along beta we'll be attempting to get it into PAL format

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Keep in mind Brawl has different shading as well.
White Kirby in Brawl looks white in-game, but his texture is actually #9c9c9c. Melee White Kirby, on the other hand, his texture IS actually #ffffff.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
awww.....i thought Ganon was released when i read "Keep on Truckin"

or maybe it's a hint ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think this is a pretty pointless discussion (gameplay >>>>> aesthetics) but for what it's worth, I think Brawl in general looks better. Melee wins in some sounds, a few models (like Fox and Falco), and a lot of animations.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I think it's silly that some people think that because something looks 'prettier', it can't be competitive. If the mod is good (which I'm sure it will be) then it'll be competitive, whether they keep all Brawl graphics or not.

And I was under the impression that somewhere down the road, an aesthetic pack (textures, sounds, etc) was possibly going to be released by the devs. Even if THEY don't do it, someone will. Everyone will be happy. :D

Sterowent

Smash Ace
as long as the camera can be altered to fast-paced mode, everything will come together. no matter how exciting the event, if i've got a lame cameraman on the scene, the situation is as intense as a narration. if i've got an action film, with the most BA stars, the craziest CGI budget, and the most riveting plot, if my director isn't in the mood to go away from soft pans and light closeups, people aren't gonna be as on the edge of their seats as they would've been.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
What is with people arguing over this aesthetic stuff like sounds and now models? Just make it feel like melee. The sound effects and textures/models make no difference at all. That just makes this project take longer than it needs to.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
people are just discussing what they like more involving textures between the two, because someone looks like they're doing texture replacements (the agfan guy.)

anyone who's discussing how it makes one game better is just in the wrong place, it really doesn't matter. it's all opinion.

also, the one thing that does matter is making fox/falco better, cause looking at brawl fox is really really upsetting :(

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
holy **** that first video i clicked with kirby and shiek looked ****in identical to melee. that's awesome.

-wait what, isn't that just melee

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ruhtraeel......just take a few seconds to think about it

....yes, it's landing detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom