• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
but you upload vids =/

if someone gives me a reason to not upload vids i wont
Pretty much what JC said. But just to expand a little on what that means.

To a lot of players, seeing a youtube video of a character doing moderately well is interpreted as a basic demonstration about how the character is supposed to play.The problem with this is, closed alpha changes ALL THE TIME, so it may in fact NOT be how the character plays now. Take one look at Snake and you'll see what I mean.

There's also the issue that players will assume a character doing poorly in the video is a bad character, when it may just be a difference in general skill between the two players, or a matchup one player isn't experienced in, or even just a bad matchup. Getting people to switch to a game that they believe their character is going to be bad in would probably be very difficult.

On that subject, players pay A LOT of attention to their characters. Even the smallest differences don't go unnoticed (Cactuar complained about some techniques being off by 1 or 2 frames after all). A lot of characters haven't been completed, but it is ASSUMED that if we're putting youtube videos of them up that we're satisfied (or at least partially satisfied) with the current character. This project is going to be EXTREMELY thorough, but that's not the impression people will get when people see videos of unfinished characters.

Feel free to do what Shanus said. The vids could be used in a second trailer or something. Perhaps videos you have of other characters (like Falco :p) could be made public.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Also Zard will be getting more love and attention in the future, so wait until then :)

You'll be happy you waited.

Rikana

Smash Champion
@sterowent:

No KB has been adjusted yet. But since we're talking about KB..

What are your plans for KB? I ask this because the DI in Brawl is super easy to perform compared to Melee (could this be because Brawl's controller is much more sensitive than Melee's?). Unless the sensitivity or DI mechanic in Brawl can change, should we make the KB a bit higher than Melee's? Not sure if people would understand what I'm trying to say though lol.

Edit: somewhat smkninja'd.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
yeah, worries me. i shouldn't second guess this stuff, but it really changes things. well, the p:M team will know what to do, however it turns out...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
You guys also have to take into considerations the stage boundaries and the players ability to DI. PS2 is pretty big so things that didn't kill me there would have killed me on a different stage. Snake lives similar to how falcon does in melee and its also pretty hard to kill as snake at higher percents

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
I just saw Sneak's new video and I notice that if you get hit in a high percent you'll make a Brawl Light pain sound and if you get hit again you'll make a Heavy Pain sound which was not use in the game for some reason.

btw whats Sonic Side B gonna be?

Personally I hope it's not gonna be the same as vbrawl cuz it's too similar to his Down B
but that just me.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
i understand what alpha is, and that the characters are going to change a lot

but the combo's are legit and idc whether or not they're going to work in the final release. i've been playing project m non stop the past 3-4 days and basically been playing charizard the entire time, so if anything you could use it to help balance \ polish.

also, you don't want people to get the wrong idea, but putting (ALPHA gameplay, etc) in the title would be fine, no?

I'll do what shanus said, i'm sure if you see the matches you'll enjoy \ learn from them.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Balance is one of the last concerns of this project. There's a million other things to do besides getting into intricate balance details. Now if there's easy infinites that can be done, those will obviously be removed.

shanus

Smash Hero
sorry, i typed it quickly on my iphone and i realize i made no sense.

Fearless, that would be very apprciated. We haven't done much to charizard yet but have some fun ideas in the works for him. PT is coming up soon on the to-do list and we'll see what ideas we cook up

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
snake is so annoying to fight, lol. though, it is SO satisfying to waveshine Snake into his own mine.
the ****er

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
That happens in vbrawl as well. It sometimes falls off after getting hit and such.
When work is finished up on Snake that should be gone. By should I mean it's intended to be gone, but there's always the chance that it can't be removed or something.
C4 transferring between players is gone though, so I don't see why it falling can't be removed as well.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow, after seeing that snake vs sheik footage......i don't care if this game is free i'm buying it xD

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Well, they should be. They got stickied.

And actually, they're still not automatically boned because you can roll / air dodge / shield / sidestep / infinite ledgegrab -- anything with invuln -- and avoid the explosion.

Rikana

Smash Champion
uppercut is so ****

also this stage should be fixed to go up it, rather than something like BF.
I don't understand. Are you talking about Battlefield from Melee? And which stage are you talking about specifically from Brawl? I'm assuming you were referring to Lylat Cruise.

Regardless, I rather have the stages that have "gay" ledges to stay in because it would at least take some skills to sweet spot the upBs. Not only that, characters already have reverse ledge grab so even if the stages have the "gay" ledges, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

What made Battlefield a good counterpick for some characters was the fact that spacies don't have the best recovery back on stage. Especially when it comes to Battlefield. When they firefox from the bottom, they have no choice but to move it as close to the ledge as possible or even away and slowly fall towards it in freefall. This made edgeguarding more interesting and doesn't give them a free ticket back on the ledge.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
As long as we're talking about Snake, I hope you guys don't replace his side-b with the flak cannon I saw in the streams. It wasn't very aesthetically pleasing to me. Plus, I can't help but feel that if you want to give Snake a little something extra, his old side-b is salvageable.

Btw, I like the new uppercut. Does it still have killing potential?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If we're talking pure aesthetics, I always thought that his Upair should have been an uppercut instead. His regular Upair looks ridiculous, imo.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't feel like Snake to me if he didn't have a killing up-tilt for punishing.

Another question: Has the killing power of the mine been lowered? That's what it looked like on the streams/vids to me; a faster, weaker mine. If it doesn't kill anymore, along with the u-tilt, is he going to have to rely on c4s and nades to kill off the top?

Edit: Forgot about uair. That things pretty reliable, from what I remember.

D

Deleted member

Like the new utilt's animation. Also, the quick down smash mine is very cool as are short fuse nades.

Will fair still be his vBrawl fair? Give that man something sexy like an aerial roundhouse kick or something useful for approaching and KO'ing.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I think his new utilt animation corresponds better to the hit box than the psychic heel kick. And no uptilt isn't an easy garunteed KO move you are actually forced to think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom