• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I think his new utilt animation corresponds better to the hit box than the psychic heel kick. And no uptilt isn't an easy garunteed KO move you are actually forced to think
I'm not asking for it to be easy, I just want to know if it will kill. I'm all for it being toned down, but I still think it should still serve as a kill move. An u-tilt with reasonable range and a mid/mid-late killing percentage is what I'm thinking of.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
It combos at early percents and kills Mario off the top of FD around 130% with no DI.

Hitboxes are subject to change, but the point is that it combos rather than kills like the old one.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What made Battlefield a good counterpick for some characters was the fact that spacies don't have the best recovery back on stage. Especially when it comes to Battlefield. When they firefox from the bottom, they have no choice but to move it as close to the ledge as possible or even away and slowly fall towards it in freefall. This made edgeguarding more interesting and doesn't give them a free ticket back on the ledge.
I'm pretty sure spacies never have a free ticket back to the ledge. In fact, spacies are one of the easiest to edgeguard characters ever. Marth just fairs/fsmashes/counters, Fox just bairs/shines, Falco just dairs, etc.

Additionally, utilt being much weaker than vBrawl utilt isn't a problem. Utilt to c4 explosion anyone?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
It wouldn't feel like Snake to me if he didn't have a killing up-tilt for punishing.

Another question: Has the killing power of the mine been lowered? That's what it looked like on the streams/vids to me; a faster, weaker mine. If it doesn't kill anymore, along with the u-tilt, is he going to have to rely on c4s and nades to kill off the top?

Edit: Forgot about uair. That things pretty reliable, from what I remember.
Mines are stronger than they were, not weaker. Uair doesn't really kill anymore. He is very reliant on C4 and mines to kill, yes.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure spacies never have a free ticket back to the ledge. In fact, spacies are one of the easiest to edgeguard characters ever. Marth just fairs/fsmashes/counters, Fox just bairs/shines, Falco just dairs, etc./QUOTE]

I didn't necessarily mean its easy for them to get back on stage. I understand that they're easy to edgeguard but what I meant was sweet spotting Battlefield at least takes some skills compared to Final Destination where you just glide along the side. My bad for the confusion.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Actually, because spacies control BF so well (the plats seem like they were built for them) it makes up for the lack of recovery options, plus, they can just recover high without sweetspotting.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Uptilt was changed because I thought that the old uptilt felt too limber for Snake. If you look at the animation closely, or actually think about what snake is doing, youll quickly realize that not even those illegal 14 year old chinese gymnasts could pull off such a stunt. i thought an uppercut would be a great replacement, it makes sense for the distance the uptilt reaches, and it's pretty cool looking when you can combo into a sticky.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the new u-tilt is "o.k looking", but i really wouldn't mind a toned down version of his normal u-tilt. but if the uppercut stays it should have good KBG for killing

and what ever happened to his side b?.....no more shotgun/cannon thingy?

bleyva

Smash Ace
If you look at the animation closely, or actually think about what snake is doing, youll quickly realize that not even those illegal 14 year old chinese gymnasts could pull off such a stunt.
you know what else chinese gymnasts cant do? pull mortars and rocket launchers out of their ***. you should probably look into that as well ;)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If people thought his killing power was crazy before just wait until you see Snake Bthrow/Fthrow you into a mine and set off the C4 on you as you get towards the ceiling to kill you at like 80%.

He can do some crazy sick things, and with the countless setups into mines/C4 he really has no issues getting his kills to the point where he really doesn't need something like his vBrawl Utilt. Like half of his moveset can him up for C4/mines at some %. Actually you can probably change that to more than half of his moveset... Like a majority of his moveset :p

Though with C4's falling off still it does make things harder for him, especially when the C4 falls off mid combo when said combo would have killed your opponent with a C4 detonation to end it.

.REMIX.

Smash Apprentice
After viewing some falco matches on YT (my favorite melee character by far along with jiggs :3) i am supper hyped about this game. i always hoped to become good at melee but at the time i played it with my family i was only seven as i am 13 now xD i really hope they have tournaments or at the least, side events for this game. I never knew that there would some sort of resurrection for melee during my competitive play xD but its great to say you've created a version of brawl that SO many people will play. good job guys i really can't wait for the release of this D:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Does Toronto have permission to record and upload Project M matches as well?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I like Snake's new up tilt. It makes more physical sense... I mean, his old up tilt looked like something a professional contortionist would have trouble pulling off.

EDIT: Is Sheik's Dair going to be fixed? Like, make it melee-style again? X_X

P.S: I can't wait for this to be released! I absolutely love melee.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
M2K will come around when there's money to be won, like always. We have plenty of people with action replays, though.

Sheik's dair is already reverted to Melee style.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does Toronto have permission to record and upload Project M matches as well?
Make sure KK and Unknown522 read the topic about it in the PMBR. We're being very conservative in which characters we're going to show off. But it'd be great of the Toronto crew would show off some PM vids, as you guys are totally pro LOL

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So just as a general question, are characters that were in melee going to be so they are as close to their melee counterparts as possible? Or will there be some changes?

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea for Sonic:

Replace his Side B with a ring that spawns in Sonic's hand. Sonic can throw this ring at people but it does no damage, however by pressing Side B again Sonic zips over to where the ring lands and damages anyone in his path. To balance it, give Sonic ending lag if he touches the ring on the ground.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Sonic could also ISIA out of the Light Speed Dash, but ONLY in the air. And maybe he could do the same on the ground, but you have to do a precise wavedash to cancel the lag, or the endlag remains in the move. It should require expert timing to cancel the ground endlag. or the move will become unbalanced.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Sonic is in pretty good shape in the current PM build; he's very fast, technical, and tons of different strategies.

The ring idea would be a difficult to impossible to code, his B moves have been tweaked enough that they all have good uses. He's one of the more polished newcomers.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So just as a general question, are characters that were in melee going to be so they are as close to their melee counterparts as possible? Or will there be some changes?
Most Melee veterans will be almost exactly like they were in Melee as far as their play style goes. For example, Link will play very much the same (sadly, without wall grapples) but with a couple of small, necessary boosts to his moves (and maybe to his physics) to make him a bit more viable.

Of course, some characters may see more changes than others (definitely refer to P:M Mario or P:M Pikachu on this), but the general traits of the characters that contributed to their play styles will be the same (heck, the changes will probably make the play style much more flexible too, ie. being a defensive or offensive Samus player).

Other characters really don't need to go back with much, like Luigi who has a superior Up B, Down B, and dash attack in Brawl.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The higher tier characters will have very few, if any changes from their Melee counterparts.

Once you go down into the lower tiers of Melee however, it becomes pretty clear that you can't just have the characters left as their Melee counterparts if they will also be viable. That's where you will see ProjectM borrow from other Smash games, like Pikachu having elements from his Brawl and SSB64 counterparts where he is clearly better than Melee (that's kind of an understatement considering SSB64 Pikachu...). Same with Kirby, G&W, and other characters that just had needed something extra to be viable at the highest levels in Melee.

As a G&W main, I'll just use him as an example of a character who really just needed a defensive game to match his offensive ****. Give him a shield that actually fits him, a hybrid of his Brawl and Melee Up B's, a toned down version of his Brawl's Bair on top of his offensive game from Melee and you have a really good character as opposed to the sadly bad character from Melee.

-Ninja'd

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eh, I'd call it a partial ninja. I didn't mention low to bottom tier characters as better examples.

EDIT: Yes, G&W can now actually cancel all of his aerials >_<;.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
No, he's practically identical to his Melee counterpart now except for Fair and Jab I believe (and his Up B is super awful which may or may not change).

EDIT: Dayam, just a moment or so early.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Sorry to spam, but will Peach get her sexy down smash back? and will her up smash be able to deflect sheik's needles like it could in melee (although I believe this as because sheik's needles had "hitboxes" of some sort in melee)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom