• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i'm lovin Sneak's snake videos.

its so fun to watch snake actually compete in a non-camping environment, its like watching a whole new character.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
did Snake's side-b revert back to default or any new plans for it?
We have some ideas for his side B, but it's all tentative at the moment.
are we gonna have greater KB than melee to compensate for Brawl's DI potency? or how is that gonna go about....because even if we match KB and stage boundaries, won't Brawls engine make it so it doesn't play like melee?
We're not going to up KB on every move just because DI is more potent. Eventually, I am confident that we'll be able to nerf DI globally. When you use the term "Brawl's engine" (unless you mean the Havok physics engine itself, but even then) you have to realize that we have access to every piece of code in the game, it's just a matter of deciphering it and making it do what we want.

what about buffer?
will it be just like Brawl+ where you can have 0-10 frames available?
As of now we have no idea. This will probably be left up to TO's. However, the ideal is a customized buffer mechanic like Melee had, where the amount of buffer depended completely on what action was being taken. As of now we don't know how to reconstruct this, so we're stuck with customizable buffer.

Rudra

Smash Ace
When is this project melee slated for release? I have been waiting for days now.
There's no set release date for P:M's release.
Quoted from the OP:

When is this coming out?
It is currently still in closed beta testing and will be released only when the project is deemed ready. Don't try and rush us as we want to put out an amazing product.

Haseo1101

Smash Cadet
For what they're telling us, nah.

Well i hope its perfect before this Console Generation is over cause to me it seems like yall got alot of **** to do but hell, you still have a couple of years.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
In other words, the beta won't come out in late summer.
No, I didn't say that, I was saying to not hold that statement of a late summer release as the definite release.

I know. I was just saying that generally these kinds of projects are delayed due to fixes and more things needing to be done. Which is perfectly fine, as long as the final product is something that was worth the delay. (Which P.M will definitely be worth the wait :) )

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
... Maybe ;)
Yep, just give the creator of that his time and it'll come soon enough :laugh:

Heck, we're reaching a full SSB64 stage pack sooner than I could ever imagine. It was only so long ago that Mewtwo_2000 was making a few things with texturized and modified custom stage blocks and now we have them in the making constantly...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I forgot about kirby's nair or i wouldnt even have uploaded that vid. But omg after using this ganon vertex hack.. I'm kinda on the side of vertex hacks and textures... this is so beast. I wish they make one for fox so badly lol.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Does Snake still have his DACUS? I didn't see it in the videos sneak uploaded.

Is there any concern that a significantly buffed Zelda will make Sheik too good? I'm not saying that it necessarily would; just something to think about. I wish they had just been made separate characters from the beginning. Not that that should be implemented now though.

shanus

Smash Hero
Caught part of it this morning, still trVeling back fot the weekend, ill probably check it out fully tonight or tomorrow

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Does Snake still have his DACUS? I didn't see it in the videos sneak uploaded.

Is there any concern that a significantly buffed Zelda will make Sheik too good? I'm not saying that it necessarily would; just something to think about. I wish they had just been made separate characters from the beginning. Not that that should be implemented now though.
remove they're down b's and solved :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As Mario has been mentioned to be a hybrid of Meleee Mario and Doc, will he be getting SJP-Cancel and bouncier [stronger?] fireballs?
i'll need to talk to shanus about SJP-cancel. that'd be annoying to code, the input for it is ridiculous <_<

camelot

Smash Ace
As Mario has been mentioned to be a hybrid of Meleee Mario and Doc, will he be getting SJP-Cancel and bouncier [stronger?] fireballs?
Fireballs are stronger (7% instead of 5%), have bigger hitboxes (about double size), and have the same physics as pills (bouncier, and fired at a lower angle).

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
He does not SJP-Cancel but he can cancel the end of his Up-B into Walljump like Melee Mario. And it's a bit easier to do and works on most all stages, I believe.

If someone is hogging the ledge you can sometimes jump into the ledge and then walljump off it... or you can recover a bit lower and Up-B into stage wall rather than ledge.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Is mario going to get doc's f-air or is the move going to be a hybrid of the 2 f-airs (beginning of the move sends opponent outwards, end sends opponent down) Do you guys plan on changing his f-air at all?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
First... 17 frames I believe is Doc Fair and all frames after is Mario Fair.

Forgot to ask, SHeLL. Is the Doc Fair trajectory more horizontal now?

EDIT: Completely off; just see SHeLL's post below me.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Lulz, 17 frames of hitting would be absurd; fyi most attack durations don't exceed four frames unless they're sex kicks.

I think it's Doc hit 15/16, Mario hit 17-22ish. I'll need to look at the Doc trajectory.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
dam 500 pages+

anyways, how hard would it be to make a Global DI code? does it seem out of reach as of now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom