• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Riddle

Smash Lord
There is not in the first 4th gens. However one of the legendaries in Black/White (I forgot what the name was) is Dragon/Fire.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Copypasta because I don't want to retype it. Does anyone have an answer to this or should I look elsewhere?
-_-

Poor PowerBomb! :bee:

I believe that all stats of an egg are set as soon as you receive it, NOT when it hatches. That includes EVs. So essentially yes, they keep their training after hatching.

In that way, they also keep movesets through birth too. You can even do both of these ingame using the Pomeg glitch.
Copypasta because I dun't want to retype it either, lol.

@Shimazu - Ooh, I love these kinds of questions! But I can't figure this one out... :(

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
1) Does anyone know for real what Color the third Black/White gen game will be? (sorry if this should be under B/W)
I don't believe they've said anything about the third follow-up as of yet.

Also, that's awesome Teran. :)
Except those aren't exactly the requirements anymore. They were for the Researcher.
And for the record I beat both Pokemon Stadiums too. :p

PowerBomb

Smash Master
-_-

Copypasta because I dun't want to retype it either, lol.

@Shimazu - Ooh, I love these kinds of questions! But I can't figure this one out... :(
Whoops, sorry D:

Never noticed that. I guess I'll pay better attention next time. Thanks bunches though.

Mota said:
Is there a pokemon that is dragon+fire type?
Not in the current Gens, but in the upcoming Gem V, Reshiram will be Dragon/Fire.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the link, Wave+~!
Sadly, I can't import the Japanese Black Version after all- People on Bulbagarden's forums and Gamespot's are saying it's gonna be region locked because they're DSi enhanced (despite Play Asia's message). I don't have anything but a DSi, since I traded in my brick. D:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It would mean they force usage the camera, hence DSi only. But that's incorrect, they work on any DS. The old DS ones are not region locked, DSi IS region locked.

If you use a ROM and Flashcart you can avoid region locking, though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So should we get a new thread to discuss people who have the Master title but don't post in / frequent the PokeCenter?

This was left ignored when I last posted it.

M.K

Level 55
It would mean they force usage the camera, hence DSi only. But that's incorrect, they work on any DS. The old DS ones are not region locked, DSi IS region locked.

If you use a ROM and Flashcart you can avoid region locking, though.
That's wrong.
Nobody knows what DSi enhanced means as of yet. One theory is that DSi-enhanced games are able to pick up a wireless signal from a third source. Games have to be Built with this technology already in their system, so any game that is DSi-enhanced would most likely have the technology to pick up this third signal.

Likewise, any DSi-enhanced game IS region locked. It's currently recommended to cancel any JP Black/White orders if you are going to play it on a NA DS, as it won't work either way.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I read into it, and the DSi-enhanced carts will run normally on DS systems, but run new things on DSi systems.

It means it checks if you have a DSi, if so, it runs in DSi mode, if not, it runs in DS mode. Since it's the HANDHELDS and not the games that say if they're region locked, if you have a DS or DSL, you'll be able to run B/W games, but if you have a DSi, you won't be able to. The cart can't decide that. :/

Pretty much, if you have a DSi, you have to wait for goodies. If you have a DS, you don't have to wait but miss goodies....

Interesting.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Is it possible to know if a Pokemon is hacked if that Pokemon has completely legal IVs, EVs, etc?

Say I have PokeSav and I hacked a completely legitimate Pokemon, with non-31 IVs and stuff. It's an ordinary Pokemon in every way with legitimate IVs/nature/ability, but created by PokeSav, thus it would be hacked.

Is there any way to see through the legality and find out if it is created by PokeSav?

rockem7

Smash Ace
Are the DSi enhanced features going to be on the American Versions? Because I've been tossing around the idea of getting a DSi, and this might be enough to actually get one.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The 3DS might come out in America BEFORE Black and White does, or maybe very shortly after. So IMO hold out for that seeing as it should run in DSi mode.

Is it possible to know if a Pokemon is hacked if that Pokemon has completely legal IVs, EVs, etc?

Say I have PokeSav and I hacked a completely legitimate Pokemon, with non-31 IVs and stuff. It's an ordinary Pokemon in every way with legitimate IVs/nature/ability, but created by PokeSav, thus it would be hacked.

Is there any way to see through the legality and find out if it is created by PokeSav?
It would require someone else opening your Pokemon up in PokeSAV to figure out it was hacked, unless you made some obvious mistake. So no.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Like Ulti said, if you don't have Pokesav and you haven't made some really big mistake, then no. The best way to check would probably be comparing the ID and Secret ID numbers. Since every ID number has their own unique secret ID to go with it, if they don't match, then it's hacked. You can get around this by using the Use Own ID button, but this won't work for Pokemon that aren't available in the region you're Pokesavving for.

Yeah, I know my stuff around Pokesav lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've never heard of DSi enhanced until now. And by the way Running Riot, the POKEMON answer is Solrock and Lunatone. (Too my riddle earlier)

It came off the movie Three (Thr33), and the answer is daybreak and nightfall.

(What falls but never breaks and breaks but never falls)

@ Terry, I haven't posted much, started work, sorry =p

I have another question, do we know the names of 5th gen trainers yet in japan? Can't find it so assuming no.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Suppose a Pokémon carrying a Focus Sash is hit down to 1 HP (in other words, its Sash is triggered). Can Thief successfully steal an item?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Suppose a Pokémon carrying a Focus Sash is hit down to 1 HP (in other words, its Sash is triggered). Can Thief successfully steal an item?
No, after it used it disappears, like a berry. Focus Sashes in game (DS) get used up after one use.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
The Satoshi's (Ash's) Pikachu event. From July 15 to August 10, owners of Japanese Gen IV Pokemon games can download this Pikachu via wi-fi. It is level 50, is holding a Light Ball, is Naughty Nature, has an OT of サトシ (Satoshi), has an ID of 07150 (July 15; 07/15), and knows all the moves Ash's Pikachu does in the anime, which are Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, and Quick Attack. It is also holding the Classic Ribbon.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, guys, this is for legitimate questions and answers. Keep the irrelevant comments / joke questions out.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anyone have a link to the Smogon thread where they tried to rank every single Pokémon individually?

Top Bottom