• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So we don't have a social thread, so I'll "ask" my question here.

When is the third Smogcast being released?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just to eliminate confusion, I moved all of the posts regarding the state of the PC into a new thread.

Mewter

Smash Master
Just a question about Psych Up.
When your Pokemon uses it (and say has +1 in Speed) while the other Pokemon has no additions to their speed, will your Pokemon lose its speed boost?

And Psych Up does not mimic scarf-induced effects, right?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
When your Pokemon uses it (and say has +1 in Speed) while the other Pokemon has no additions to their speed, will your Pokemon lose its speed boost?

I'm almost positive Psych Up completely copies it. (Not Scarfed effects though)

Taken from Smogon:

Copies the target's stat boosts and drops. Cannot miss.
If someone had +20%Att and then lost 20% Att, and they used Psych Up, it'd copy the fact it has 0. If the user has 20%, the User would copy the 0% over the 20%.

So in technical terms, if you had +40% Att and used it on a +0% Att Opponent, you'd hurt yourself.

Then again, I've never used the move, and I'm going by how Smogon writes the description.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't believe so. I've never been in such a situation (and Psych Up is nearly useless anyways) but by copying the opponent's stat boosts you're basically ignoring your own. A +2 Speed Slowbro using Psych Up on a +4 Attack Hitmonlee should give you a +4 Attack / +2 Speed Slowbro.

The effects of the choice items do not act as a stat boost, so no.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All right then. I have two(?) questions for PokeSav.

For one, is there a PokeSav available for HG/SS?

The next one is regarding egg creation of PokeSav. I know whatever Pokemon you have, it can become an egg in PokeSav. Now, in the Pokemon creation window for PokeSav, you can modify EVs. If you give the Pokemon 252/252/4 EVs in whatever and check the box that makes the Pokemon in egg, when that Pokemon hatches from the egg in-game, will it still have the EVs made for it in PokeSav, or no?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Second one I don't know, but I do know Pokesav is very hard and unreliable on Hg/SS last I checked.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think you're talking about the one made for Pt right? Because when I used my HG/SS Pokesav, it always worked and was reliable

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Are there any surefire counters for Milotic? Stupid Wallace making me fail the Nuzlocke challange just because Tentacruel's Giga drain barely hurts him.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Are there any surefire counters for Milotic? Stupid Wallace making me fail the Nuzlocke challange just because Tentacruel's Giga drain barely hurts him.
Prey on Milotic's weaker defense. Just be sure not to hit Milotic with a status condition or her defense will go up 50% if you're going to attack with...attacks. They weren't physical / special yet in Gen III so yeah.
If not, just focus on obliterating Milotic with powerful 2HKO moves, or even 3HKO moves. Be sure not to drop in case of the typical Hyper Potion the Gym Leaders love using.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
My lvl 22 gyrados landed a few hits with strength and took out a little less than half of his health, BUT WALLACE HAD TO USE A HYPER FRICKING POTION.
Thanks Tery, I am going to restart the game and try again, this time I won't have all lvl 39s against lvl 42s.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My lvl 22 gyrados landed a few hits with strength and took out a little less than half of his health, BUT WALLACE HAD TO USE A HYPER FRICKING POTION.
Thanks Tery, I am going to restart the game and try again, this time I won't have all lvl 39s against lvl 42s.
What is your team? If you have anything that can take hits from Milotic while setting up (or even better setting up before the Milotic) it shouldn't too much of a problem.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I had a lvl 39 Sceptile, Pelipper lvl 40, Tenticruel lvl 40, Gyrados lvl 22, and Magneton lvl 40.
It doesn't make a difference now because I failed.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've been away from Pokemon for a while and I noticed the word "check" being thrown around. What does "check" mean exactly?
Check means that it can deal with the opposing Pokemon, but can't exactly switch into anything it likes to make it a counter. For example, Mamoswine can "check" Mence, it can switch in on DDs and IIRC +0 Dragon Claws and live to OHKO with Ice Shard, but other than that, it'll get KO'd and fail to counter Mence.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So the PokeSav for Platinum works for HG/SS?

And no one knows the second question? :/
Poor PowerBomb! :bee:

I believe that all stats of an egg are set as soon as you receive it, NOT when it hatches. That includes EVs. So essentially yes, they keep their training after hatching.

In that way, they also keep movesets through birth too. You can even do both of these ingame using the Pomeg glitch.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The Drifloon, in theory, will always be there if you save next to it because it was an object saved on-screen, so you'll boot it up with it on-screen. So you SHOULD be able to SR for it like any other interact Pokemon.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
In the Nuzlocke challange you can only catch the first pokemon on the route, even if it has a bad nature or bad ability.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It may not be quite suited for this thread but I've noticed a couple people who are bearing the Master title, who I've yet to see post in PokeCenter pop up again, like this person. Either they are new to the title and have yet to post or are from a previous PokeCenter era. Just wondering.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see anywhere else in the PC to get opinions on this, so...

I'm hoping to pre-order a Japanese Black version. Assuming my parents say yes, I plan on acquiring the game from Play Asia. I know other people have pre-ordered Japanese games, so... Any opinions on Play Asia?
Looking for reliability that the product ships okay, mainly. Good shipping is a perk.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guys I beat Pokémon Stadium 1 and have a legit Arceus.

I am a Pokémon master.

Also Gary Oak eats my dust.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Teran is more of a Pokemon Master than I am.

Never beat either of the Pokemon stadiums lol

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All right then. I have two(?) questions for PokeSav.

The next one is regarding egg creation of PokeSav. I know whatever Pokemon you have, it can become an egg in PokeSav. Now, in the Pokemon creation window for PokeSav, you can modify EVs. If you give the Pokemon 252/252/4 EVs in whatever and check the box that makes the Pokemon in egg, when that Pokemon hatches from the egg in-game, will it still have the EVs made for it in PokeSav, or no?
Copypasta because I don't want to retype it. Does anyone have an answer to this or should I look elsewhere?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Two questions:

1) Does anyone know for real what Color the third Black/White gen game will be? (sorry if this should be under B/W)

2) What falls but never breaks and breaks but never falls? LOL @ Thr33 reference

Top Bottom