• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare Yourself! $5VenueFee (Brampton, ON) Sunday March 15th [Desh vs SUP3RCANS1R!]

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Grmo if i recall,didnt you take out Brawl at your tournament recently? i dont care so dont make this seem like a cheap shot at you

Brawl doubles is my favorite part of tournaments so call me a whiner all you want.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Oh, guys, and if I am coming, then for sure I will be bringing a Brawl setup. That's logical implication. The consequent is guaranteed to be true when the antecedent is true. :hunger:
(wtfemoticons)

No t.v. though, I don't have anything near portable.

... *looks around*

I'll mention again I'd like to try my hand at doubles. There are a handful of characters I want to train solely for 2v2s (so that I can understand their meta purely in a 2v2 sense).... I would be very happy to team up with anyone.
If someone will join me, I'll be in doubles instead of singles (I think I only have it in me for one event).

KC18

Smash Journeyman
THIS THIS THIS. I hope the Brawl community doesn't degenerate into whiny *****es. The ultimate solution is, of course, removing Melee. Will we ***** and whine like you guys did in the past if that happens? Nah.

Just be grateful there is a tournament to attend.
how come you hate on the brawl community? unnessesary

WIGI i really doubt i can make it now. sry man. next time for sure

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
ill be there at like 11 and i hope doubles is still on.... is team attack on when playing doubles?
Yes we play with Team Attack. Read the rules.

btw brawl and melee
Btw, I still don't know what city you're from.

I'll be bringing three melee setups (TV + Systems) FYI. All I request is that Brawl is not to be played on my TVs. It's the Brawl community's job to bring their own setups for their own game. Tough love, but you guys have to step it up.
You're a beast for bringing three setups and tv's.

If it's not too late to enter, please add me (from Toronto) for Melee.
Got it. Can you bring a set up or TV?

is doubs still going to happen?
We'll see.

THIS THIS THIS. I hope the Brawl community doesn't degenerate into whiny *****es. The ultimate solution is, of course, removing Melee. Will we ***** and whine like you guys did in the past if that happens? Nah.

Just be grateful there is a tournament to attend.
Stop being such a jerk. You guys probably would whine.

Actually, you'd probably make Brawl-Hate comments at the same time because you're all so godamn technical, right?

WIGI i really doubt i can make it now. sry man. next time for sure
He's not.
It really sounds like he is.
so yeah i can't go anymore.
**** my life.
NOOOOO!

Should I put RIP ANDY in the Title? =P

WIGI

Smash Champion
awww KC =[

i gues il find a good doubles partner at the tourney.

OH I KNOW.

Ally Team with me =P

Desh

Smash Ace

Actually, you'd probably make Brawl-Hate comments at the same time because you're all so godamn technical, right?

It really sounds like he is.

Lol, steve, hes really not, and i highly highly doubt anyone would complain, as much as find somewhere else to go XP.
Just saying.

Plus, hes defending YOU
from ending up being in grmos position, where the whole brawl community was whining about brawl being cancelled for a good 30 pages of the starfurry thread.
Im pretty sure its REALLY gay to have so much pressure, and people should just straight up, like josh said, appreciate that you're hosting a tourny =p ,

now i'd like to say, with no reason to assume the melee community would whine, and or make brawl comments, (considering no one does anymore, and i was one of the only ones who made brawl jokes, JOKINGLY.) that its fair to say they wouldnt, but i think it isnt fair to act like josh/grmo was hating on the brawl community, when theyre just trying to keep you, the TO, out of a very gay predicament, that has happened to them specifically, by said people theyre 'hating on' DX.

>_>

srsly.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I'm a maybe for this, lol.

Anyone down to team??? Mike? Imadh? SILENTCLOCKK??!!? LOLLLL

Anyways, I read the past page stuff. 2truu @ Grmo & SanuSanu. Steve, I'm reallly not a fan of this TV rule you have. It's actually unfair to those that bust their *** to bring a setup for their game to run smoothly. I like how Josh put it, I have absolutely NO hate for the Brawl community anymore, believe me. But, I agree that if you guys wanna have things run smoothly, people gotta give a helping hand back to the TO's. Stupid Niko, spoiling/putting the bar so high for the Brawl community :laugh:.

Step it up. Btw good **** to mikey + carter for their heroics a couple of weekends ago.

I'm lazy as **** but is there a venue discount for people who bring FULL setups? Man it'll help encourage people to bring ****. It's better than renting/buying TVs for the event to work.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the old school Melee guys + some of the Brawlers. Hopefully some of you guys enter Melee. It was really nice seeing Percon, Ambrose and company enter singles @ OiN420.

sauc3

Smash Lord
is anyone who is going to this thing in or passing through london ontario, and if so do you have 2 extra spots. we can pay cash, like 15 each, so 30 bucks, if you can give us a ride.

add my email its wagonboy_300@hotmail.com if you can.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I think you should offer an incentive for anyone bringing a full set up. Like waving the venue fee.

Chances are that would help encourage people to bring one.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hate? I support Brawl and it's extended community, just not the immature people found in and around the GTA; especially since Steve was considering dropping Melee in the past and we dealt with the possibility politely. It was the complete opposite for our awesome Brawl community when push came to shove. I'll let it go now though, I've held the grudge for long enough.

Are you that short sighted? It was suggested to drop Melee earlier in the thread and not one of the community disagreed. Hell, I was in support of the idea in order to sustain the tournament as a whole. You have to do what you have to do, even if it means cutting doubles. To be honest, I'm offended that you "conveniently" forgot the aforementioned scenario and tried to justify insulting myself and the rest of the Melee community. Not to mention the fact that I was simply defending your position on dropping doubles.

For the record; I play Brawl, just not competitively. Both your assumptions and claims are baseless. I don't "whine" unless there is valid "whining" to be done.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm 100% with Sanuzi on this one. The Brawl community consists of very few mature players and the community itself is run entirely on a couple of people, with the rest of the community just feeding off those players generosity and not even making their own NECESSARY contribution to have tournaments run smoothly.

The new brawl community does not have a grasp of what a smash community truly entails and how a community, is supposed to work in harmony. This scene was built off of next to nothing, but now that SOMETHING is established, the new brawl community treats it as if they don't need to do their share.

The brawl community needs to start acting like a community, or they are going to lose what runs their community.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Steve, I'm really sorry if you're feeling under pressure right now and are getting annoyed at people because of that. I understand; I was in that position (and it escalated a lot, which I hope yours doesn't). Anyway, I'd just like to say: do what needs to be done. We won't mind. I mean, a few randoms here and there might complain to you, as if you owe them something, but you can deal with that. I'm just saying...don't feel pressured.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
melee community would never whine about melee being dropped. i've been around here for 4 years now and we've faced event droppings before and no one *****ed around complaining and ****. but yeah steve, do what you have to do.

anyways.

couple more days till you *****es gets raaaaaped.

imma **** your girl!!!

4Serial

Smash Lord
yeah i agree with bringing full setups = no venue fee
that sounds pretty cool and people who bring setups deserve that much

stos you better rep link for me! =D

Niko_K

Smash Master
Everyone should have to pay the venue fee. It's what pays for the venue to be used by everyone. There shouldn't be a special incentive to bring TV's and setups. That should be an obligation if you can bring them.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah i agree with bringing full setups = no venue fee
that sounds pretty cool and people who bring setups deserve that much

stos you better rep link for me! =D
dont worry i got you.

im aiming for top 5.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I agree. The incentive should be to make the tournament run smoothly aka. more fun. If people care enough about their community, they'll bring TVs regardless. I'm bringing a full setup and I'm going to pay that venue fee no matter what.

If you really want an incentive, tell them their TVs will only be used for their game, so that things don't have to be switched constantly. Of course then, one might be more messed up than the other, but this just reinforces why I think the mixed tournaments are conceptually stupid lol.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Most likely coming, from Toronto, for Brawl only.
Got it. Can you bring tv's?

How much for singles and doubles? It's not on the front page and how is the pot getting splitted? 60-30-10?

LOL nvm I didnt notice it, but is it 60/30/10?
Yeh I guess.

when are you updating it and adding me for brawl and melee
?
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO READ MY POSTS AND TELL ME WHERE YOU'RE FROM?
Everyone should have to pay the venue fee. It's what pays for the venue to be used by everyone. There shouldn't be a special incentive to bring TV's and setups. That should be an obligation if you can bring them.
I agree.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Steve don't ever blow up on someone like that again over location....You can just ask him his location for regional seeding when he registers at the tournament.

Add him into the OP so he knows he can freakin come!

Top Bottom