• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
melee needs to get the the point where theres at least a fair bit of animosity among the top players. I'm pretty bored of all this friendship is magic BS thats been going down in the scene the last few years (see: mango pretty much admitting he wwanted armada to win G2). Lets get back to the days when top players straght wanted to BODY each other cuz...well....fk the other side.

every other communitiy has some deep rivalries and stuff, it keeps the game alive. That said, I'm loving PP's new attitude. fk em up pp.
i've never really felt this 'friendship' basis you're seeing..just seems like people from other regions don't play eachother enough to create rivalries that keep going.

also where did mango ever state or imply this armada thing? i never really got that from the blog.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I kind of agree. Rivalries make for good hype. So hearing PP say, "I'm gonna **** Mango," gets me much more excited than, "Well, it'll be a good match." I think I want the top players saying that they're going to slaughter. Makes the game more interesting.
I kinda have been saying this since the beginning which is true. You know the whole not having enough fire inside to really want to destroy someone. It doesn't have to be necessarily hateful but ya people these days are too mellow.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Can someone clarify the whole tryhard Mango thing? (If anyone even understands)

Doesn't he just avoid going all in cause he wants to drink? As PP explained it, "other priorities". But how does that stop him from playing his best characters, even if they might play a tiny bit more sloppy than before? Or does it mean he's going to do that but we shouldn't expect anything?

Dooon't understaaand. D:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lmfao at mango sandbagging again. I suppose he'll try at Apex if nothing else. However he might as well go jiggz if he wants to get ***** by pp that badly, cuz his falcon might get bodied.

Lol at m2k trying to learn how to fight falco by watching pp. I don't think that gonna help him if he's playing pp in GFs(assuming mango sandbags) because pp and mango have different styles of falco.
:phone:
While that is true to some extent, he could still learn a lot of fundamental things about how to fight falco.

M2K gets locked down too easily in the matchup, and watching PP try to get around mango and not be forced in those positions might be really useful. That matchup is also a lot about knowing when to intercept falco vs when to retreat, regardless of who the falco player is. The fundamental concepts in a matchup don't change; if one person plays a matchup completely incorrectly, the other should be able to **** them for it. If they're playing it correctly, then m2k should definitely be able to see some stuff by watching another marth (assuming that marth doesn't get ***** ;) )

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Can someone clarify the whole tryhard Mango thing? (If anyone even understands)

Doesn't he just avoid going all in cause he wants to drink? As PP explained it, "other priorities". But how does that stop him from playing his best characters, even if they might play a tiny bit more sloppy than before? Or does it mean he's going to do that but we shouldn't expect anything?

Dooon't understaaand. D:
he likes to challenge himself and also have fun with the game. he probably just finds it funny to not try his best, but still try to win.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
That's true about mango PP? All I gotta say is wow........Thanks for ruining RoM Mango.....

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
You're in the right place. =)

I could probably think of more ways to use jab. I don't use it much currently and it's so fast I really should use it more haha. Gonna wavejab I think and see wtf happens(may just Ftilt instead *shrug).
IHSB have been fiddling around with a game we call "Rock Um Sock Um Robots". Both players play any character, I have only been using Falco and IHSB has been playing lots of characters, but you may only use jabs. WD jab turns out to be really useful in terms of quickly reacting to an approach so I'd suggest to play around with that kind of "experiment" because it forces you to figure out what you can do with jab, IHSB ****in moonwalks to jab on me at times when I'm about to jump OOS and stuff like that into d-tilt to samus combo/platform chasing. I think jab may be useful in relation to shield play but I'll have to look at it some more

Aber

Smash Journeyman
A bit I suppose lol......But I'm still quite bummed......No one will challenge you

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I hope that we'll see a dark horse at RoM. Kinda like how people over here didn't really know about Armada, cause no one cared to look at European smash.

D

Deleted member

dear kevin:

stay falco or stay home. stop sabotaging any legit practice opportunities for apex.

sincerely, max

PS you can switch to roy against kage if it is recorded. this is the only exception.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Now is Mango sandbagging as in really not trying at all or does that mean that he'll be using other characters for the tournament despite knowing that it'll make him less likely to win? Cuz I'm alright if he goes Marth or Falcon as long as he plays them as he normally would if his intent was to win.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Mango is probably just afraid to try hard when he doesn't have west coast behind. If he tries at rom4 and loses there will be no one to tell him that he deserved to win, like they did at Genesis2.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
dear kevin:

stay falco or stay home. stop sabotaging any legit practice opportunities for apex.

sincerely, max

PS you can switch to roy against kage if it is recorded. this is the only exception.
I have a plan to make efficient use of my time if I go in with the right mentality. I want to win Apex first and foremost. This should allow for some Marth though. We'll see.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
PP, play friendlies with Mango, and **** him so hard he feels like he has to prove himself in tourney! =D

Who're you teaming with btw? How do you feel about teams? Gonna win?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP, play friendlies with Mango, and **** him so hard he feels like he has to prove himself in tourney! =D

Who're you teaming with btw? How do you feel about teams? Gonna win?
Gonna destroy that noob. He learned at Pound not to rush me like a scrub though so I might have to work a little. ;)

I'm teaming with Everlasting Yay. Of course we're winning though, spacies team is too legit and Yay goes in especially in teams.

he'll end up making fun of pp for being a tryhard in friendlies ;D
easy to laugh when you're just DI'ing all game I guess.

No one said that Peepee would be trying when he ***** Mango. ;)
^

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've never really felt this 'friendship' basis you're seeing..just seems like people from other regions don't play eachother enough to create rivalries that keep going.

also where did mango ever state or imply this armada thing? i never really got that from the blog.
you really haven't seen/experienced this in the community where top players are just all really close and don't like to rub each other the wrong way?

read any national thread and all the replies are "omg i can't wait chill/hang with my homies from *insert region*, i havent seen you guys in so long. gonna be so fun to hang out again"
its never "I can't wait to get a rematch seriously **** that guy up"
there are very isolated cases (like s2j/shroomeds beef with kage) but overall, the overwhelming feeling going into tournaments is one of adoring friendship. im not sure how you haven't noticed this.

mango mentioned it in his pre genesis podcast on stabbedyahppies channel.

If melee had MvC2 level hype it would make tournaments amazing.
this.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I'm teaming with Everlasting Yay. Of course we're winning though, spacies team is too legit and Yay goes in especially in teams.

easy to laugh when you're just DI'ing all game I guess.
OMG best post all year. im suddenly hype

Battlecow

Play to Win
Worst case scenario is Mango plays scrub characters, gets ****ed up, and everyone has to accept that PP is the best player in the US.

I was looking forward to the tryhard, tho.

And if he's practicing up this week, and he plays good chars, well, we might get a real match after all--mango crazy vs. PP hardcoreosity.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Worst case scenario is Mango plays scrub characters, gets ****ed up, and everyone has to accept that PP is the best player in the US.
I get the feeling he really doesn't care about being the best in the world anymore, which is a shame that he's not really even going to defend his crown. I sometimes wonder if his lack of motivation is going to get him removed from being a top threat for tournament wins everywhere but on the West Coast. Wasted talent. I hope he does play but I doubt it will happen beyond his own little personal goals with Marth and Falcon.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If he doesn't want to be the best anymore (or try to prove to us that he is), then he shouldn't have to. He can go on doing what he wishes. However, he should realize (if he doesn't already) that Peepee, Armada, and Hbox will fill the void. We can't keep calling Mango the best if he continually fails to prove it.

That being said, it's up to him.

Top Bottom