• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
homemadewaffles is known for his doc/commentary, but his falco deserves recognition imo. bob$ has called it the best falco in norcal on a few occasions

edit: beat some people w/it at apex iirc

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
homemadewaffles is known for his doc/commentary, but his falco deserves recognition imo. bob$ has called it the best falco in norcal on a few occasions

played his falco before its good, but its definately not better than D.P.'s falco.

pretty sure HMW would back me up on this too

not saying HMW's falco isnt good, it goes even with my fox, or beats it

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord

i appreciate that julian, i don't really think theres anything good about my falco tbh

thats not even me trying to be humble or anything

i really think that LOL

played his falco before its good, but its definately not better than D.P.'s falco.

pretty sure HMW would back me up on this too

not saying HMW's falco isnt good, it goes even with my fox, or beats it
well i don't main falco jr

so yea he's better

but u worded that like i aint beatin dp before or somethin

dylan has the best falco in norcal

its the better than mango's and pp's tbh, no lie

cuz he's spits hot fiyah

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
HMW you're mad legit man...

I like watching you.. :)

@KFC - I don't think you remember but when I was a Falco main, I used to watch your videos alot.. I was a major fan of your Falco.. but I think you switched to Marth?? idk ^^

Ahhhh, these falco forums have soooooooo much life... if only I could get the Yoshi forums this active....
also...

I'll be uploading my mediocre Falco too.. I'd love some critique from everbody... :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
My opinion on top falcos

mango
pp
shiz
callew ««--benefit of doubt.
forward
zhu
axe
Chopz<<«-- pew pew
SW
sion
bo10

Everyone else Ive either never seen or they are just good but not a top falco obviously imo

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
@KFC - I don't think you remember but when I was a Falco main, I used to watch your videos alot.. I was a major fan of your Falco.. but I think you switched to Marth?? idk ^^
Lol thanks. But... I have a total of like, 1 falco match on YT, it's a friendly where i LOSE.

falco is like my 5th best char xD

i'm pretty sure you have me confused with somebody else =)

also i watched your yoshi videos...

Best yoshi i've ever seen!

Brookman

Smash Hero
PP really has a style unlike any falco I'd really seen before. He sorta pushed the boundaries beyond chops/shiz. even if they are the source.

At the moment, I don't really see any point in creating a list of top falco players. Just my opinion.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
PP just...does it all right. in my opinion. maybe thats just how i see him play against ganondorf. but he picks his spots, and does it all intelligently. he plays SMART.

some of his stuff is pretty genius though. some of his shield pressure is just hilarious. he'd like laser jab ftilt pivot utilt and then retreating laser to get the **** outta there. his falco is really clean and doesn't make mistakes.

i think i heard HMW say it once. his combos are so good that even if he ****s up, he doesn't get punished for it. it's because he doesn't overextend himself, and really understands where his advantages are and where they aren't. it's also why he underrates his own character, but he's so busy covering up falco's weak spots that it actually makes the character much stronger than he often gives it credit for.

tl;dr: pp's falco is right.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i like to compare pp to gg7. they don't have a unique style, which in itself makes them unique. they're two of the only "textbook" players left in the community. They don't rely on gimmicks, and they don't go out of their way to be flashy in tournament. they play their character the way it SHOULD be played. even if they don't know a match up as well as another person, they just do general, GOOD things that nets them win after win.

@blackchris: Maybe you haven't seen stuff like that before, but I have. Jab is a difficult move to shield grab if you're not anticipating a jab. if you shield DI the jab away, shine misses, so he replaces the shine with an ftilt, and a turnaround ftilt to cover attempted punishes. if they don't bite, he covers his retreat with a laser and reaffirms control.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Woah ... KFC in this thread? :)

Also, if we're talking about top Falcos, I think Rice should get a mention at least, even though he's retired or something.

And even though they're not top yet, SleepyK and Stricnyn3 are on their way.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i've only been in the scene since october of last year. i've been as active as i could be in NC, but i don't really know too much at all about old school tactics or what kind of falcos may have preceeded PP and used similar safe tactics.

i'm fairly ignorant about the past, but i try to keep updated on all regions and skilled players currently active.

edit: if we're goin down to sleepyk/rice, i think nite should get some mention too. he's pretty good, from what i understand.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol thanks. But... I have a total of like, 1 falco match on YT, it's a friendly where i LOSE.

falco is like my 5th best char xD

i'm pretty sure you have me confused with somebody else =)

also i watched your yoshi videos...

Best yoshi i've ever seen!
^^ Thanks man ^^ I appreciate it <3

btw.. I don't exactly have it mixed I have you mixed... you replied to a video of mine a few years back... saying..

"VectorMan why haven't I heard of you. Your Falco is amazing. :)

So from there I guess I thought you played Yoshi

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^^^^^^"Thought you played Falco." ><

Yoshi/Falco.. what's the difference...........>< (don't answer that cuz I don't wanna hear the negativity) XD but still

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. I need sleep.. haven't slept in like 20 hours.. ^^ I can't help it.. i'm practicing "useless/fun Yoshi things...

EDIT: My bad on the double post....

><;

freakin... idk.. ><

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
*struggles to turn off Gamecube*

I'm actually practicing* an interesting... "parry manuever" not sure how useful/effective it'll be but when I parry instead of using my parry animation which will enable Yoshi to jump OoS and use my "Nair Parry" I been testing if I could do this instead...

Parry > Double Jump Cancel > Dsmash... or more precise...

Parry > Double Jump Cancel > (I'm in my standing animation so I can do ANY move I feel like) while the opponent is still waiting for their move animation to end)

Yoshi's got some stupid/epic nifty freakin tricks.. but it's addictive...

0_0;

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Wait ... you can cancel the jump out of parry into a standing animation into a ground move?

I'm kind of in disbelief. If this is true, doesn't that open up a lot of possibilities out of a parry?

Also - how do you practice parrying, Vman? I must know.

leffen

Smash Champion
Yeah you can use dj instant land into anything, though it takes ~ 11 frames before your lag ends or smth. ( 6 for airborne, 1 for landing, 4 landing lag ).

I dont really see the application for that, fox and falco players could easily just shine you before your lag ends ( even with perfect parry you cant djc nair like vman did, axe only used super early aerials enabling him to punish ) and vs characters like marth your better off just spotdodging...

If you are gonna parry, then wavedashing, usmash or djc dairing out of his shine range ( works kinda like a CF strategy we've developed here in sweden, Powershielding spacies attacks into side b too outspace the shines :<< )

sorry for ranting

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
Woahhhh you're in GA?

Why haven't I heard of you =P
Haha well I'm still basically a nobody but when I started playing competitively I was active in the Mass/ RI area before I had the chance to meet GA smashers. When I'm at home I try to go to as many SPSU smashfests and WABA tournaments as I can, though I have only respectively been to three and one.

Before I head back to school I would like to try my Falco against some Marths and Foxes after reading some of the advice on this thread :D

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'll be back in ATL at the latest by january 10th if you want to do anything, I have a pretty good marth and fox.... =P

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Wait ... you can cancel the jump out of parry into a standing animation into a ground move?

I'm kind of in disbelief. If this is true, doesn't that open up a lot of possibilities out of a parry?

Also - how do you practice parrying, Vman? I must know.
In theory, indeed it opens up, many, many, many options for Yoshi... however as Leffen has stated, I'm a bit worried on it's speed... even if I do land a perfect parry, I just don't think it'll be faster than Parry Nair/Uair...but vs some of the characters that have a longer window for attack such as Falcon/Ganon/Doc/... <---- characters with about the same time window... then I might be able to apply something different...but im still unsure, I'd have to see what more i could do with it...

As for practicing parrying.. I do one of 3 things...

-I'll go to training mode and use the "red shell" and practice vs one of those

-I'll go to vs mode and fight a lvl 9 Ganon, and wait for any of the moves he does

-I'll play another player and test it out...

(rarely) - And if someone comes over w/the love ability that "Axe" has for melee.. will spar w/me on parrying ideas for like 5-6 hours straight...lol

so yeah that's the jist of it ^^

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
i like to compare pp to gg7. they don't have a unique style, which in itself makes them unique. they're two of the only "textbook" players left in the community. They don't rely on gimmicks, and they don't go out of their way to be flashy in tournament. they play their character the way it SHOULD be played. even if they don't know a match up as well as another person, they just do general, GOOD things that nets them win after win.

@blackchris: Maybe you haven't seen stuff like that before, but I have. Jab is a difficult move to shield grab if you're not anticipating a jab. if you shield DI the jab away, shine misses, so he replaces the shine with an ftilt, and a turnaround ftilt to cover attempted punishes. if they don't bite, he covers his retreat with a laser and reaffirms control.
"HAHAHAHAHAHA" - Dr.PeePee

no hard feelings GG7, it wasn't laughing at you, but at Rubyiris.

G

genkaku

Mango said that the tier list should be measured off of PP's perfect textbook falco.

Top Bottom