• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
shoot lasers from across the stage, or else sheik will either ftilt you, or ninja underneath them with dash attack.

KK, I'm going to ul some matches vs better sheik players. You should teach me how to not got 3~4 stocked on a regular basis. :3

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dd after a laser when they expect you to approach, you can bait a nair/ftilt/fair and punish accordingly.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
just go watch some matches where a falco beats a really good shiek

Zhu vs m2k comes to mind..even if your not competing at that level, you can still see the overall positioning and flow zhu goes for. Also what in the moveset is safe and not can be seen just by how much he applies each of whatever.

this matchup is so much more spacing/caution than usualX_X

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
whaaa!

For me it goes..hardest to easiest;

Puff
Shiek
Fox
Marth
Falco

I think that's basically who you were referring to anyways.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
puff
samus
sheik
doc
fox
vman/axe falco
marth
every other falco

i personally find dealing with samus and doc to be harder than the rest of the high/top tiers.

otherwise I agree with trahh.

@Niko: You're garbage. Get on my level.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
you haven't played vs. Amsah then. it's a horrifying matchup, but you're ultimately in control and you just need to remember and abuse that.
nah i havent, i have played kirbykaze tho :awesome:

but for reals, i think sheik is his most winnable matchup in the top 6, although its still very hard and evenish.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
puff
samus
sheik
doc
fox
vman/axe falco
marth
every other falco

i personally find dealing with samus and doc to be harder than the rest of the high/top tiers.

otherwise I agree with trahh.

@Niko: You're garbage. Get on my level.
Oh yeah i was just referring to top tier. If we meant everybody, i'd definitely have

Doc/Puff
Samus
The rest

Niko45

Smash Master
Ruby I don't get it I thought we were just talking about situations where fair might hit you. and please, like I would stoop to your level.

OverLord

Smash Ace
you do realize if this is how you actually thought, you'd be terrible at this game? you're basically implying that you have learned everything you know about this game on your own, this includes watching zero matches on youtube [they are the biggest advice in themself] and learning all the techniques yourself..

someone flat out giving you advice, would be less advice than watching matches and reading up on the techniques, which i know you've done plenty of both.
You're talking to someone that actually figured out himself how to wavedash back in 2005, just asking himself "why when Azen is moving he does that foam in the air..?"

But, OBVIOUSLY, I do watch videos, and learnt about the other techs watching Wak017 video.
But that's absolutely normal, it's like grammar.
You wouldn't expect a kid to learn grammar by himself right? Techs are like Melee's grammar.

My point is: asking for advices feels to me like reading books about how to write a novel. I expect from a writer to learn and be inspired in writings by other novels, not from a guide to "how to write novel".

I hope you get my point clear. It's not the same watching videos and try to learn something from them, and asking for advices from your opponent. Even watching a video doesn't help if you don't try to understand what's going on on screen. And there's PLENTY of people just arguing about videos that really can't even see what actually is going on on screen.

You have to ask yourself why that player is doing exactly that thing in that moment and not another move. It's not easy to fully understand why some choices are better than others on your own. It's pretty easy though if the player himself tells you why. That's what I don't like for me. I prefer get to understand things on my own, without asking. We got a brain right? So everyone's even in this.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. How do I master the FALCO wave dash. Yesh. I use Doc, wd just fine with him. Falco, I wd fine SOMETIMES. Damn that jump I don't get it. Sometimes I full jump. I try to see if i have to space out the time in which I press the buttons, or do it faster... balfgaf;jd lol

2. What do you do against docs? (not that I have trouble, I just want to hear your insight against my own main : ] )

3. I am deciding to use Falco soon in tournament. Well, I will use Doc, and then switch. Do you have any suggestions I should work on with him? I mean, I shine (I don't often) and I bair and dair fair blah blah whatever comes to mind, but I just want to pick up stuff that falco mains may do that doc mains wouldn't (wouldn't think of) loool. I dunno.

Like, I was thinking "What is Falco's answer to Doc's uair?" I saw some falcos using Nair alot, so I thought "Maybe I could use Nair like Doc's Uair at times"

I want to know how to continue combos better. : ]

Thanks dudde. Hope to see ya at Pound 5.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Falco has like a 6 frame jump ... it's pretty weird getting used to it so just practice and keep in mind to just wavedash slower

Your questions are pretty vague ¬.¬

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lol, I was ****** mathos at pound 3. Back when I was bad. He did beat raynex in pools at that though, but raynex beat forward in that same pool.

Also, just finished watching KK vs PP WSF at ROM 3.

Do either one of you want advice?
At the risk of sounding horribly ironic/underhanded/whatever, I'd take whatever advice I can get. I don't consider myself above it from anyone ever.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I'd gladly leave you my two cents too, but i'll have to watch the set again.

KK, your onstage Sheik was really sexy but it was really frustrating to watch you miss so many edgeguards =(

Top Bottom