• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP: yeah, he basically covered it. the only thign to watch out for is when they fake going on stage and then go sraight up and fastfall to the ledge. this is a solid mixup and you mostly just have to see your opponent's patterns and punish them by guessing which they're going for each time. my only real advice is that even if you don't think you can get an edgeguard, grab ledge instead of just lasering. sheik's landing lag from her up-b is so high that even if they get on successfully you're fine if you mess up. if she can land on stage with her doublejump is the only time not to.

against jman: that's a pretty reasonable answer. you definitely did keep him out of the center and punish him well, that's just harder and less likely to kill him than an edgeguard. it's certainly a solid choice though, and less risky than going for an all-or-nothing edgeguard.
When I laser it's because I'm afraid I won't make it in time and get Fair'd/edgeguarded if they grab the edge first. I prefer to grab the edge but it's just a tough guessing game for me right now...

PP i liked that dash cancel uptilt combo on jman(i think). when did you start doing that?
I've had the idea for a few months now but was never calm enough to really use it before. I saw it in pimp's combo video once, thought it was cool but situational, then re-thought of it later and realized it ***** lol.

What the Falcos don't realize is that D-smash can be okay if Sheik's close the edge because even if they CC tech it, a neutral tech does no good because the momentum will kill her, and tech rolling in is so slow Falco can actually D-smash again before her roll finishes.

But don't tell PP that.
I thought that might have worked too but I wasn't sure at all. Thanks for the tip. =)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm so pissed. I played the best I've ever played in my life, and it wasn't recorded. ;(
Yeah. It's one of those times you need to say "If they can't do it themselves, I'll have to do it". Meaning you should TRY to get a laptop and a recording setup.

I would also need to get one, I WANT to get recorded more.

I played damn good today but that **** don't get recorded. But I guess recording doesn't matter unless it's up for critique and comments... or that you are showing off. I can't show off, because I'm not good yet.

============================

Also I'd like to say Kirby Kaze ( put it this size so you can read my post cuz I WANT u to) I <3 you for being quite open with tips and help. : ] I was looking for a doc main to help me with tips, but the only tips I got was from you (lol almost spelled rom). I guess I might have gotten a tip or two from waffles but I srsly don't remember them cuz I had to JET after the matches.

But yeah, I again, say I appreciate your help because the only LEARNING I did, or at least help/advice, was from you. (And I usually LIKE advice, thats half the reason why I go to tournaments: learn/improve. Other is to prove myself... which I haven't done yet)

honestly I wouldn't mind you winning a tourny. **** not like I want you to throw money after you win lol.

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
aiight.

all i got to say is.

KirbyKaze ripped people some new *******s, he makes sheik look interesting, props.

And Peepee inspired me to use Falco again.

Y'all are inspirational <3

I was watching ur matches, and some ***** kept trying to get my attention, **** was not legit man. How do u interrupt a man when he's watching a hella tight battle between drake and j-cole smh

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yeah. It's one of those times you need to say "If they can't do it themselves, I'll have to do it". Meaning you should TRY to get a laptop and a recording setup.

I would also need to get one, I WANT to get recorded more.

I played damn good today but that **** don't get recorded. But I guess recording doesn't matter unless it's up for critique and comments... or that you are showing off. I can't show off, because I'm not good yet.

============================

Also I'd like to say Kirby Kaze ( put it this size so you can read my post cuz I WANT u to) I <3 you for being quite open with tips and help. : ] I was looking for a doc main to help me with tips, but the only tips I got was from you (lol almost spelled rom). I guess I might have gotten a tip or two from waffles but I srsly don't remember them cuz I had to JET after the matches.

But yeah, I again, say I appreciate your help because the only LEARNING I did, or at least help/advice, was from you. (And I usually LIKE advice, thats half the reason why I go to tournaments: learn/improve. Other is to prove myself... which I haven't done yet)

honestly I wouldn't mind you winning a tourny. **** not like I want you to throw money after you win lol.
I have a laptop and a dazzle 170. My laptop and dazzle were also plugged in. I was just so absorbed in Melee that I forgot to fire up Pinnacle or Power Director and actually record the damn matches.

I wasn't planning on uploading the match for critique or to show off, despite the fact that I 4 stocked my roommate with 69%. What I wanted was to study the game, and to use it as a bench mark for my goals.

It was the first game that I have ever played flawlessly. Sure, I made plenty of errors, but it was the first game I've ever played where my character moved the way I willed it. I was doing things I'd never even think, or dream of doing versus my roommates Marth, and for those 2 minutes I was the happiest I've been in several years. It was the first game where I've never had to worry about myself, only what my opponent was doing, and it felt wonderful.

I'm EXTREMELY upset that I didn't record it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ranmaru

I'm not good enough to win a tournament. For the time being, anyway. I'm working on it, though.

Stop trying to F-smash my Bairs. You're Doc, not Marth.

<3

I'm glad you felt the talk was useful.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have a laptop and a dazzle 170. My laptop and dazzle were also plugged in. I was just so absorbed in Melee that I forgot to fire up Pinnacle or Power Director and actually record the damn matches.

I wasn't planning on uploading the match for critique or to show off, despite the fact that I 4 stocked my roommate with 69%. What I wanted was to study the game, and to use it as a bench mark for my goals.

It was the first game that I have ever played flawlessly. Sure, I made plenty of errors, but it was the first game I've ever played where my character moved the way I willed it. I was doing things I'd never even think, or dream of doing versus my roommates Marth, and for those 2 minutes I was the happiest I've been in several years. It was the first game where I've never had to worry about myself, only what my opponent was doing, and it felt wonderful.

I'm EXTREMELY upset that I didn't record it.
I see. I would feel the same if I had that happen to me. ;-; Now, don't beat yourself up for that THAT badly. What can you do? The past is the past.

Isn't there some way to be able to record MANY matches (long enough for you to be warmed up) and only retain the matches which you have done really good?

Although, it was a mistake. Mistakes happen to the best of us. : [ Sorry for your loss.

And KK I'm pretty sure you can get to the level of winning one. CMON MAN STEP IT UP. You got third, you can do it. <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's what I do, it's just that I wasn't recording at the time since one of the roomies went to work and it was several hours from the time I stopped to the time that the other came home and asked to smash.

Ugh, I really wish I recorded that match. I could have learned so much from it.

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
It's you! lol

Also, it's strange to inspire people haha. Definitely a great feeling though.
its a very jealous inspiration.

like i sit there and watch you, and am amazed, then im pissed, and i think **** it im gonna **** harder than that.

that kind of inspiration.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
fyi any, and all spot dodges were attempted shines oos.

I'm TRYING to shine oos but I don't know how to time it correctly. I don't play fox and falco often enough to know the timing. A year ago I did, but I also smashed with a falco main every day. when he stopped smashing with me i just kinda forgot the timing. :\

Another thing: How do you crouch cancel? I understand you just hold down but like, I'm always trying to move, so how do I implement CC into my game?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
once you get shine oos consistently it's glorious, especially when your the only falco in your scene that can do it =)

falco dittos become that much raper

shinebairOOS is a punch in your opponents raw face

waveshineOOS is newage **** though. my consistencys about 40% on that one 3:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
fyi any, and all spot dodges were attempted shines oos.

I'm TRYING to shine oos but I don't know how to time it correctly. I don't play fox and falco often enough to know the timing. A year ago I did, but I also smashed with a falco main every day. when he stopped smashing with me i just kinda forgot the timing. :\

Another thing: How do you crouch cancel? I understand you just hold down but like, I'm always trying to move, so how do I implement CC into my game?
I suck at shine OOS timing vs good Falcos too. It's just something you have to do so much that you can't forget I guess.

Well, you can do things and "hide" your CC in them, like charge an Fsmash to kinda punish some lag or in a way that someone will think you're trying to hit them with it when they're not paying full attention. Then you can counter with a CC move or something.

Or you can just run up and hold the control stick at a diagonal angle so that you're running and will CC if you get hit.

Doesn't actually cover everything but those are some cool things to do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru

I'm not good enough to win a tournament. For the time being, anyway. I'm working on it, though.

Stop trying to F-smash my Bairs. You're Doc, not Marth.

<3

I'm glad you felt the talk was useful.
LOL did I do that? Jeez it must have been an accident lol. Sometimes my fsmashing works like that.

But now that I think of it, what SHOULD I do to sheiks bair... xD But if I clank with something, I'm gonna keep clanking (or I'll try)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
charging an fsmash whilst holding down is the jetfour. :3

That's about all I've got down at the moment though. I'm trying to learn what axe and gg7 do and cc grab out of damn near anything. I makes me so jealous when gg7 cc grabs me out of a dash dance.

Also, how do you cc grab? when i push z i dtilt. :<

*Edit*

auto-cancelled bairs are throwing me for a loop. I'm starting to implement them into my game, but I kinda get punished for using them, usually. I'll get some vids up of me using it (incorrectly) and have someone give me some pointers I guess. :\

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You can shield grab or JC grab to CC grab after you CC.

M2K uses shield grab.

AC Bairs are not used just as a whenever thing really. They're more for stuffing approaches or spacing on shield, from what I've seen.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
LOL did I do that? Jeez it must have been an accident lol. Sometimes my fsmashing works like that.

But now that I think of it, what SHOULD I do to sheiks bair... xD But if I clank with something, I'm gonna keep clanking (or I'll try)
I was Fox

And it doesn't work vs him either

And that would be like 19 "accidents" per game ;)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was Fox

And it doesn't work vs him either

And that would be like 19 "accidents" per game ;)
Well sadly I DON'T really know what move beats what move. Well, luckily I'm risky enough to find out but then getting mad lol.

I wish I had a little brother which I could expiriment moves on so that I MIGHT know what to do. I made a topic about moves beating moves but I think I would have to make it even BIGGER than that. Like I need a whole square of space just to put ALL moves against one.

I have to count how many moves we have total. lool

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
so i find frequently that when i try to shine bair, i shine fair.

like ill be facing right, and somehow when i jump out shine, ill be facing left doing a fair... i dont know how this happens, since, when ur shine is out and u look the opposite direction, it adds a bunch of lag. any help guys?

and y is falco is good?

unknown522

Some guy
At the risk of sounding horribly ironic/underhanded/whatever, I'd take whatever advice I can get. I don't consider myself above it from anyone ever.
alright, I'm on it.

Also, david: how come you never stop trying to d-throw -> tech chase me and u-throw me onto platforms, so I can escape and not be combo'd to a minimum of 60% most of the time?

Top Bottom