• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well mostly cuz falco has a relatively safe approach. And by that i mean, its a close to being safe as any approach in the game gets.

and theres a higher payoff for successful approaches than the relatively low payoff for successful camping.

food for thought.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
here's the thing though...

when you shoot them, you make them approach, when they're approaching, they are more limited in what they can do than when they have time to set up to react to your approach. I'm all for attacking people, but it should be because they're trying to get in your face and have put themselves in a compromising position.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't like giving up stage control to shoot, but if someone doesn't fully commit and forces me back to stay safe, then wouldn't it just be better to approach?

I mean I'm not saying approach a lot, but I feel like there are certainly several instances where Falco can just make a successful approach due to the way his lasers/movement/spacing I guess can condition an opponent. I'll elaborate on this in a bit since it's kinda vague right now.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
if you ever see me play, it's not like I'm pulling some 2006 Mathos **** with camping. I do approach and am effective with it, but when I'm "approaching" it's still completely derivative from how I have my opponent positioned and conditioned from the lasers. I dunno, I just don't see this as approaching in the sense that before I actually move in I have already stacked the deck in my favor.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
When falcos spend most of their time approaching, it's probably because they'd rather look cool than use their gun too much >_>

Jake13

Smash Lord
iono if anyone has had this problem, but i used to:

laser, laser, laser. they approach (EX marth with short hop fair), laser their fair, they immediately fair after (before they've landed from the laser) to grab. works the same with like laser approaches where they just grab you after you hit them with a laser.

this isn't really a "help me get around it". i just wanna know if anyone gets frusterated like i did with this lol

I dash dance and hop around a lot more than i laser now and **** just gets raw.

also, first post in the falco boards and i've been playing him since like 07 holla holla!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
iono if anyone has had this problem, but i used to:

laser, laser, laser. they approach (EX marth with short hop fair), laser their fair, they immediately fair after (before they've landed from the laser) to grab. works the same with like laser approaches where they just grab you after you hit them with a laser.

this isn't really a "help me get around it". i just wanna know if anyone gets frusterated like i did with this lol

I dash dance and hop around a lot more than i laser now and **** just gets raw.

also, first post in the falco boards and i've been playing him since like 07 holla holla!
Well, people don't abuse this mechanic like they should, so no I don't get frustrated with it lol.

And yeah hopping around ***** lol. People get too used to laser approaches so sometimes they just get confused when Falco stops. XD

Old posters are legit.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I like how you often wave dash backward after getting close while approaching with lasers rather than finishing the actual approach. It's a really good mix up and mind ****.

And is mogwai gonna play foriRizLe again?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah people are expecting the approach so if you just sit there in control(they're shielding and expecting to react to an aerial/grab/laser) then sometimes you'll get them to panic lol.

people who react all the time are funny.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I like how you often wave dash backward after getting close while approaching with lasers rather than finishing the actual approach. It's a really good mix up and mind ****.

And is mogwai gonna play foriRizLe again?
no, I fully expect to get ***** at RoM this weekend, LOL.

but yea, empty shorthop -> waveland backwards is essentially the rapest approach in the game if you space it correctly.

Palpi

Smash Hero
MOVE BACK THEN!

:awesome:

...That explains why you went to a CT tournament. ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER NOW!

On a more serious note. Pa melee sucks, all the good/great players are either inactive or moved. There is a bunch of us (new-er players) really trying to improve, but we are no where near good enough to be successful. sadface

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Nah, no one uses fox at all.

I'm confused as to why the fox boards are active though; even moreso than the falco boards, just say "pew pew" /end of discussion.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So I'm finally getting around to critiquing myself vs Hbox....

Lasers blow so hard against Puff compared to the rest of the cast, but this looks entirely doable if I stay clear-minded in the set.

Druggedfox, see me on aim tomorrow/friday/sunday afternoon.

Once I've talked to DF about this then I'll post some things about the matchup and hopefully update the matchup thread haha.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
So I'm finally getting around to critiquing myself vs Hbox....

Lasers blow so hard against Puff compared to the rest of the cast, but this looks entirely doable if I stay clear-minded in the set.

Druggedfox, see me on aim tomorrow/friday/sunday afternoon.

Once I've talked to DF about this then I'll post some things about the matchup and hopefully update the matchup thread haha.
I'll catch you tomorrow, I'm looking forward to this :)

Unfortunately... RoM3, so i'll be gone for the weekend :(

Really wishing you were going... I guess we can try (and fail) to stack it up without you =/

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Hey Dr PP, do you have any advice for fighting ness and doc? I don't have much experience and so far I've done bad with the match ups. Thanks if you can provide any input.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Use your legs and your laser

If you do it right they will have troubles coming in range.

I dont say you must camp them, just watch your spacing since both chars hardly can **** you if they can't get a grab or hit you on the ground.

and laser > pills

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Use your legs and your laser

If you do it right they will have troubles coming in range.

I dont say you must camp them, just watch your spacing since both chars hardly can **** you if they can't get a grab or hit you on the ground.

and laser > pills
alright thanks man. Gotta work on not getting grabbed then.

and grats to dr pp, where are the vids of his pwnage?

Top Bottom