• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

DJRome

Smash Hero
****it pp, i told u falco's is harder a long time ago. see?

but nah, it's not hard either just run yo thumb across a on the way to b and u str8

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I've actually been practicing mixing up double-shining in shield pressure, and it really isn't all that hard. It's much easier for me since I started using the analog stick to do the jump. Something about "up-down" movement with the analog stick makes it easy for me to time the double shine.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i used to double shine in shield pressure until i switched to using the claw... now i have to learn the timing again and I just haven't bothered.

Random note: I took a 3ish week hiatus and am just getting back into playing. My tech skill is still pretty solid, but I have lost my ability to play matchups well. i keep rushing down marths and none of my lasers are working out for me against fox... blahh

JPOBS

Smash Hero
im kinda with foxlisk, i find my techskill doesn't falter much when i break but i forget about the little tricks in each matchup which hurts my overall game.

like just recently i completely forgot about no tech->sdi up vs sheik techchasing so when i played sheiks this weekend it was meh.

DJRome

Smash Hero
ive seen falcos get out at way earlier like <25 (and seen computers @ like 7 get out)

also, sometimes the sheik likes to hit u with the no tech jab and then u think ur smart by getting ready to sdi up and then shine or something, but sometimes the sheik knows this and when ur @ >30 %, they will bait the no tech and then usmash for a free regrab or maybe a dash attack. O_o

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ive seen falcos get out at way earlier like <25 (and seen computers @ like 7 get out)

also, sometimes the sheik likes to hit u with the no tech jab and then u think ur smart by getting ready to sdi up and then shine or something, but sometimes the sheik knows this and when ur @ >30 %, they will bait the no tech and then usmash for a free regrab or maybe a dash attack. O_o
If they got out earlier it was because of SDI

And yes it's important to tech roll and mixup even at percents after the jab reset works but that's just how tech chasing works as the chased character

I was just saying that JPOBS should just ASDI after like 42 instead of trying to SDI things when he doesn't need to

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the sdi isnt even hard, i get it every time i try :p

BUT i hate waiting till 42% cuz thats about when they start to dash attack->stock combo. and i know you can asdi-CC the dash attack at that percent, but i cant ASDI up to avoid the jab AND asdi down CC at the same time so its one or the other.

i rather just sdi at low percents. But i forget to do it anyway cuz i go weeks without playing people and im bad so whatever.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
peepee/anyone;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3v9GyzS6Y

general player advice? please? :D

^ only the first vid uploaded, there will be more within a few hours
From match 1...

Tech skill needs work, laser patterns seem pretty static/obvious, pressure needs to be a little more flexible(as in if something stops working[if they roll/keep beating you out] don't keep doing it), movement needs to be more fluid, uptilts need to be more accurate/used at different times, double jumping for tech chasing is almost always bad, take advantage of your positional/psychological advantage more when you have it.

Palpi

Smash Hero
All I can say is that you could do wave dashes or shines before lasers so it throws off power shielding or you adjust the height of your lasers do you don't alway fast fall lasers as much changing the timing between them.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey PeePee, could you give me advice on Falco's laser game agaist Marth, one that can power shield.
If he's powershielding, change up your timing and height of your lasers. Anything that makes him work harder for the powershields. Shooting low lasers to approach is good too, because then you can SHL/aerial over a PS'd laser.

In general what I've found to be good for lasering against Marth is just getting him to sit still on the ground. Beyond that lasers don't really affect him that much since he can counter approaches really well. Lasers to come right into him are good, but it's not nearly as effective as such a tactic would be on a lot of other characters.

Don't shoot him too much while he's in the air, unless you're on a platform by him and are going for an upsmash afterward or something. I say this because Marth can Fair you right after he gets hit by a laser pretty easily.

I dunno, I could make this make more sense somehow but I'm not sure how to do that at the moment lol.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
If he's powershielding, change up your timing and height of your lasers. Anything that makes him work harder for the powershields. Shooting low lasers to approach is good too, because then you can SHL/aerial over a PS'd laser.

In general what I've found to be good for lasering against Marth is just getting him to sit still on the ground. Beyond that lasers don't really affect him that much since he can counter approaches really well. Lasers to come right into him are good, but it's not nearly as effective as such a tactic would be on a lot of other characters.

Don't shoot him too much while he's in the air, unless you're on a platform by him and are going for an upsmash afterward or something. I say this because Marth can Fair you right after he gets hit by a laser pretty easily.

I dunno, I could make this make more sense somehow but I'm not sure how to do that at the moment lol.
Nah, I got cha, thanks dude.

I have one more question, if I get thrown off the edge from a Marth with an amazin edgeguard game, what should I do to prevent getting gimped?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nah, I got cha, thanks dude.

I have one more question, if I get thrown off the edge from a Marth with an amazin edgeguard game, what should I do to prevent getting gimped?
Well....there's not a ton you can do haha. Immediate DJ forward Bs/firebirds, delayed ones, shine stalls, mixing up DIs for all of that, DJ airdodging(zhu vs m2k lol) are your main mixups. You really have to get creative and hope for the best sometimes.

Marth's too good lol. =p

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Well....there's not a ton you can do haha. Immediate DJ forward Bs/firebirds, delayed ones, shine stalls, mixing up DIs for all of that, DJ airdodging(zhu vs m2k lol) are your main mixups. You really have to get creative and hope for the best sometimes.

Marth's too good lol. =p
especially jesiahTEG's Marth ahaha. I apreciate the help, thanks man.

G

genkaku

Pretty sure that I've never heard mogwai give any advice that didn't involve falco, lasers, camping, and more.
Not that it's not good advice, haha.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Kason:

I think if you're a falco main against a non-spacy-main you can safely CP rainbow cruise. Falco does well on RC, and you can just switch to your mediocre secondary fox (which every Falco has as far as i can tell) if you go RC and they go for a matchup you dont like. Chances are your mediocre secondary fox (MSF) will win the matchup against their mediocre secondary character on RC if you were close in the first match.

Not to be cynical. I think it's better to learn your character well and win on neutrals. I think only extreme circumstances call for counterpicking something like rainbow cruise; you wont learn much by it, but if you need one game in a series it's a solid choice.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
hey PP I saw you CP'd rainbow cruise against hbox at tipped off 6.. do you recommend that as a go to CP against all jiggs?
Heck yeah man, Jiggz sucks there and Falco ***** there. Shine kills early and you can take advantage of puff's sucky vertical mobility so much easier.

Puff's might start bannin it though lol.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
wtf kina q is this

fckin quit this game

jessiah shudda taught you better

tsk

yo djnintendo

explain the lugio vs mario match up
wtf just happened.

lol thanks for the feedback guys on the stage.. i never considered falco to be as **** as fox on RC.. but i guess now that I think about it he deffinately is the top dog next to fox on that stage.

Even if your not going to use it you can make it so jiggs start to ban this stage and leave your other good options like yoshi's and stadium open.

which brings me to another question, good stages against jiggs besides RC? I have pretty much always thought the best options were stadium and YS.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Stadium and YS **** vs Jiggz. DL isn't really that bad since you can camp under platforms pretty well and escape pressure easier. Problem is, Puff's a lot harder to kill then.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Because rubyiris would rather platform camp harder, and that's hard on small stages >_>

If you can't time them out, its a bad falco stage for him :awesome:

*half-trollin*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Pretty sure that I've never heard mogwai give any advice that didn't involve falco, lasers, camping, and more.
Not that it's not good advice, haha.
I give other advice, but people are always asking about approaching and it pisses me off :laugh:. You have infinite ammo on the best gun in the game, why are you approaching again!?

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I give other advice, but people are always asking about approaching and it pisses me off :laugh:. You have infinite ammo on the best gun in the game, why are you approaching again!?

Agreed Mogwai. Why falcos EVER approach is beyond me.

Top Bottom