• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
That statement makes no sense. At no point are you even part of the equation as a low level player. It is only about that knowledge suddenly being available to other top level players, and him having one less advantage. Regardless of what you want, this is still a competition. Football teams don't openly distribute their playbooks. Boxing coaches don't film and give the opponent a tl:dr on what they are training their boxers to be ready for before a fight.
those aren't smash and aren't relevant.

I'm gonna play with okami and jetfour. any suggestions as for things for me to work on while I'm there?

:phone:

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
How is it not relevant?

Brain explodes.

The better question is why are high level players obligated to tell you everything?

Vixen

Premium
competition or not imho he should still share his insights.

its his choice if he doesn't but I still think that's low of him

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
The entitlement is amazing. You called him out and called him ******** for not giving you information that he's worked out on his own. He's not obligated to anything and its not selfish of him either.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
they aren't smash?

the point of this community is to help us improve.

The point of this community is to prove you can be on top and it is not done by receiving outside information from another player because it won't necessarily help you. And it's definitely not the way to surpass everybody, you have to be able to create your own ideas, ideas strong enough that can overcome anything. During my smash years, the only help I've really gotten is getting my *** kicked a million times until i got it right.

Vixen

Premium
The point of this community is to prove you can be on top and it is not done by receiving outside information from another player because it won't necessarily help you. And it's definitely not the way to surpass everybody, you have to be able to create your own ideas, ideas strong enough that can overcome anything. During my smash years, the only help I've really gotten is getting my *** kicked a million times until i got it right.
this is your opinion of the community.

to me its a place to learn and to socialize.

but mostly to learn.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hey kirbykaze

We need everything right now in a book of the information you've processed through playing, watching vids, and theorycrafting.

Otherwise, you are selfish and inconsiderate and a ****

Also if you don't make it easy for noobs to learn, you are selfish. Make it easy, process everything for us so that we don't have to put in hard work to discover it for ourselves and stay lazy

Vixen

Premium
ok I get the point you're trying to make I'm.sorry I said anything.

damn tafo did I really offend you that much?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Just messing, but I was just upset that Kk was being put on the spot like that when he has been nothing but helpful to everyone who has asked for help

Vixen

Premium
no that's definitely an opinion, kage.

I am sorry I put Kk on the spot like that. I just have a very strong opinion on withholding information like that.

especially since I got really in to what he was saying before he just cut it off.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
jesus guys
can we move on from this topic >_>

i think the point has been made

does anyone else use lasershine shield pressure like how mango used it at koc? i don't really see it being used nor do i really understand its effectiveness...kind of want to start trying it

it's also incredibly hard for me to do :urg:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok so a group of people coming together to prove themselves they are the best is an opinion? That's what we all do.

If you don't want to improve in anyway or be really strong then again that kind of information is wasted because the potential to be the best isn't there anymore.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Like at the same time you can learn and improve, that's one aspect of the community, but this is also a competitive community. Inherently, people want to perform well and this requires a competitive advantage. It's not to say to be a inconsiderate **** and go out of your way to not help people, but at the same time it's not their duty to spoonfeed

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Kage we have yet to play

Mizumi - watch your horizontal distance when you laser. I got in because you lasered when I was running in and that's how I got my opportunities

Vixen

Premium
coming from jpobs I'll just interpret that as I'm close to being a higher level player. I don't think jpobs is capable of a humble post outside of deepthroating his idols.

ill do that tafo.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Also dair/bair/utilt in place instead of laser is a good mixup on a dashing sheik if they are going into you. It forces them to stop. Just careful not to get shield grabbed

Vixen

Premium
I hadn't thought about that before. that's gonna be fun to try out.

thanks.

as a general falco thing, I suck at crouch canceling. any advice on how to train myself to get better at it in a real match? visual cues?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
coming from jpobs I'll just interpret that as I'm close to being a higher level player. I don't think jpobs is capable of a humble post outside of deepthroating his idols.

ill do that tafo.

LMAO you're going to be terrible forever and I'm glad no one tells you anything.

Theres a reason no one gives you advice when you ask for it, and theres a reason KK ignored you after you insulting him.

Its because you're an entitled little child and no one likes you.

And I don't even play this game so deepthroating my homies is the best I can do but atleast im not delusional

Vixen

Premium
I ask because like, when I want to cc is usually situations I'm already moving :c

at low percent I almost never shield lol

I would usually bair or utilt or full jump at low percent

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@PP: Yeah, I can rewatch your sets vs Mango and look for what situations, specifically, that you adapted/responded to better after what Umbreon started me with, thanks.

Though if you felt like writing some stuff up anyways, I wouldn't mind.

Vixen

Premium
i live in a difficult region to practice crouch canceling lol. everyone here spaces against it so well. ^^

Some of the anti shiek stuff Tafo suggested also works vs Falcon. It helped me realize some aspects of falco vs falcons rps regarding what move beats what. im getting a lot better at chosing the right move in the right situations vs falcon. just gotta stop running in with nairs/lasers in bad times tho.

okami isnt here yet so i havent been able to try stuff vs him yet. =[

any suggestions on how to make oksas feel less upset about falco being falco?

Vixen

Premium
Maybe I can change your mind about me at Apex. ^^ I still say some really mean/shortsighted things online, and don't realize it until the damage is already done. :\

I'm not a bad person. Just really, really stupid.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Maybe I can change your mind about me at Apex. ^^ I still say some really mean/shortsighted things online, and don't realize it until the damage is already done. :\

I'm not a bad person. Just really, really stupid.
I would appreciate you not talking to me at APEX. Like, actually.

edit: I just read over your other recent posts on this topic. Like, wow. Words actually fail me. From a player to another player, I literally having nothing good to say to you.

So, with that said... I'm ignore listing you. Good luck in life and stuff. I just hope our paths never cross.

Top Bottom