• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

unknown522

Some guy
Mdz duzn't matta right now. Dis is all about kage an' Westballz son!

Get Dat outta here!

Btw pp, when you get back I would like to hear about your exp of carrying ken. You were so beast man! Your back must be hurting. Lol

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well damn. PP getting off on Mango. Congrats. I hope Armada was watching.

Also, using dtilt in the ditto as a DI trap is DIRTY. Stop it. (It's seriously really good)

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. I guess that is debatable in the sense that maybe Wes has stepped it up recently because otherwise Kage's results are clearly much better overall even if he is more likely to lose the h2h with both players. I'd love to see Kage vs. Westballz. :D
kage does not have better results....im sry but nooo he does not even come close to my results

and ill mm KAGE For any amount anytime anywhere

Battlecow

Play to Win
Good **** PP!

Give us a long post about why you won and what it means and stuff like you used to in the old days.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Not to ruin the Westballz vs. Kage hype but I had a tech skill question. So, I've seen just about every top level falco chain their combos with an utilt and it looks incredible at continuing combos especially at higher percents when they're opponent is knocked down.

However, when I go to do an utilt to keep a combo going I usually just end up usmashing. Is there a way to guarantee that you'll do an utilt and not an usmash?

Thanks!

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Well, you need to be holding up before pushing A, you can either do this by pushing the stick up very slightly so you don't jump, or by pushing up just before landing so you would already be holding up but it'd be too early to make you jump.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
you can typically buffer the up input before landing, during the lag of whatever aerial you have done in the air.

i have a weird problem where i end up doing upangled ftilt instead a lot of the times. it randomly links a lot though, so i won't complain. lol

and good **** pp!!!!!!

strawhats

Smash Master
hype *** set between wes and pp. Also glad to see a set bewtween pp and axe for the first time in God knows how long....It was about damn time (axe living up to his potential)>came damn near close to beating pp (not sure how detrimental that SD was last game)

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
I would've liked to see axe's falco play PP in dittos. I know PP's is definitely more solid and better overall, but Axe's falco still would have had a legitimate shot, I think. If he's playing it well, I would say that it is far and away the fastest falco out there right now, and I think if he had played falco that last game on Yoshi's, he could've maybe gotten an upset. Like Ken said (multiple times), dittos can go either way.

unknown522

Some guy
Omg wes stomped axe so hard. I saw him doing the proper universal edgeguard on pikachu a fair amount as well.

Also axe like forgot what d-smash is or something.......

There are some gay counters to it, but it's still a pretty good move vs spacies. He used to use it a lot like 2-3 years ago and now He only does it like twice a set....

:phone:

G

genkaku

PP, you should talk about your set vs axe 'cause I felt like I wasn't picking up on some subtleties watching it.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Saw Axe use Pikachu's weird *** body contortions on the dsmash to avoid weston's utilt at least twice during that set. Pretty cool lol

Also, it seemed like Wes was able to DI & shine out of a lot of PP's combos, and then combo him back. Also pretty cool to see, and I think everyone should practice that **** haha

Top Bottom