• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
What's wrong with my post? Am I not allowed to expose swf for being fake for like the billionth time?

:phone:
you can either constantly rail against the system and everyone in it, or hope for the system and everyone in it to respect you. you can't have both.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
So even when he says something intelligent, you guys ignore him because he mentions how you guys ignore him?

You falcos are funny.

Edit: I've always found the funniest part of this thread to be how much respect foxlisk seems to get compared to ruby lol. or jpobs for that matter. I haven't seen either of them get tossed under the bus as much as ruby has, yet I dnt remember them placing high at much of...anything. local or national lol.

Falco drama, ignite!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'll continue to do my thang, then.

But seriously, it bugs me when people **** on me for a controversial topic, then someone a little more respected says the same **** as me, word for word and they herald it as the next best thing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm just going to do things the way I am currently. I'm making consistent progress as a player, and consistently place well in my region.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Its not that everyone that ignores your advice does so because they're being "fake", for some people I imagine it can be hard to take everything you say seriously when you complain every so often about not getting enough respect or attention. They might wonder why you need to demand respect if your advice should hold its own weight. This isn't meant to be insulting by the way, I think you give some very legitimate advice on here sometimes, just trying to point that out.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
why do u always complain about everything rubyiris, just play smash and if ur good ur good otherwise ur not who cares what peopel say on the falco boards all this theory stuff is overrated anyway

Niko45

Smash Master
Exposing SWF for being fake should never be discouraged, really.

Falco vs Marth is really weird I hate it on both sides lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I love it on both sides. Falco wins in neutral position and is better on more stages. Marth wins if you m2k it and optimize your punishment off single hits.

Prince_apu: my skill was never called in to question.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
So even when he says something intelligent, you guys ignore him because he mentions how you guys ignore him?

You falcos are funny.

Edit: I've always found the funniest part of this thread to be how much respect foxlisk seems to get compared to ruby lol. or jpobs for that matter. I haven't seen either of them get tossed under the bus as much as ruby has, yet I dnt remember them placing high at much of...anything. local or national lol.

Falco drama, ignite!
its cuz we're homies.

Niko45

Smash Master
I just hate fighting good power shielding marths and I can't deal with it well yet. I lose confidence in like everything I'm doing and get paralyzed by uncertainty.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
I just hate fighting good power shielding marths and I can't deal with it well yet. I lose confidence in like everything I'm doing and get paralyzed by uncertainty.
Hmm good to know I don't use power-shielding enough......I assume you mean as falco right?? Your birds pretty legit, I heard you were gonna try and start using him for some MUs in tourney truth?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord

Falco drama, ignite!
i dont think i really get any particular respect, i just usually dont get blatantly disrespected. i (usually) try to only say something when i have actual content, not just things like 'i already do that,' and when i just say something like that i dont end it with 'and i wish you all paid attention to me,' i just say it because it's fun and unoffensive to take a passing interest in a community topic. I also don't ever talk about how good I am (because I'm bad) or make excuses for how bad I am (it's just because I'm bad).

so i dont get the respect afforded to good players, because im not good, but i dont get the hatred spewed at trolls and *******s, because i almost never troll and i usually try really hard not to be mean about stuff.

oh and i do occasionally do fairly in depth critiques of people's vids, although i dont have the time very often these days. those may or may not be particularly deep or helpful, but at least I try.

jpobs is more incendiary than i am but he's usually at least arguing a point, and has opinions on things and tries to explain them. i think that's perfectly respectable.

the reason ruby gets disrespect (at least the reason i disrespect him) is because his posts are all posturing, reactionary johning, and random appeals to authority. He's never even trying to contribute anything. I have more respect for the barest of noobs who shows up and says something like 'falco obviously ***** fox because his gun is better' than for someone who doesnt even make a passing effort to engage the thread in an actual conversation, or disseminate any kind of knowledge, no matter how incorrect or poorly presented.

ruby iris, at this point, would probably wreck me. and he may have a lot of knowledge to share; hell, maybe he even does all the things he retroactively tells us he's been doing for years. but he's not a team player. he doesn't contribute anything. so **** that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ruby actually does post content... and i feel most people address it and stuff. He just has an issue with his ego and wants people to respect him for his skill, and sometimes images that people are disrespecting him when they often aren't. Then theres people who disrespect him for expressing his feelings of disrespected, which are somewhat justified on both sides, but in the end he has to be the one to solve the problems. Common denominator.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think foxlisk hit the nail on the head.

Ruby could be the best player in the world, but the truth is, his posting style is very abrasive to the commnity at large. If you constantly offend everyone around you, how the **** can you expect people to take you seriously?

As an example, look at the difference between my original response to Niko, and ruby's response.
I try to contribute to the thread in a meaningful way, and gave an analysis of lasers in general and opened the floor for possible discussion.
Ruby came in and basically complained about how no one would listen to him when he was saying that a while back.

But thats exactly the point. ruby gets thrown under the bus because he coats all his posts in a needlessly condescending tone. The community will throw you under the bus if you constantly badmouth the community throwing you under the bus. Its a ****ing vicious cycle.

The only way to break it is to stop seeking recognition and just contribute positively, and stop complaining.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why the community values credibility as much as they collectively do. It's definitely a recent trend though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My experience with forums dates back to '03, and even back then credibility, and post count were very important, even if completely arbitrary. Competitive communities are especially guilty of this.

Also, not all of my posts are condescending, abrasive, or rude. Those are just the only ones you guys remember, because they're more memorable. I post politely, and informatively far more often than I do otherwise, but A. people refuse to look beyond my past, or B. for whatever reason, people only remember my ****ty angst-induced posts.

And seriously, you guys can't blame me for getting mad when I mention something long before anyone else does and get shut down, and when someone you guys consider good/credible/respectable comes out and says the same thing, and you guys go "oh **** that's a good idea". :\

that's happened to me in every competitive community I've been a part of, over the course of 7 years. :\ BITTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

BTW Niko's post was the last one I saw. Would have posted something different if I saw the other posts after his. :p I just felt like saying "good ****" for him picking up on lasers being a huge commitment, and calling out swf for being fake as ****.

@Sveet: There ARE players who respect me, or at least, my skill as a player/listen to what I have to say. They are the minority, however. There are far more players out there like FoxLisk who for whatever reason hardly ever see me when I post something meaningful. :|

JPOBS

Smash Hero
*shrug* It happens bro. People highly value credibility. If a marthslayer76 said something about how to win vs marth, almost everyone would either ignore it or respond "that wouldn't work on a good player because they wud just do XYZ." Two days later, PP could walk in and say the same thing and everyone would be like "wow pp, thanks i'll try that." Its human nature to appeal to authority and it happens to everyone

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah but i think if you guys understood what was good yourselves, it wouldn't matter who says it as long as it's good information. the fact that you guys only ****ride the players who are already "established" or "respected" to get information that you value show that you can't evaluate the usefulness of a suggestion yourself. if you could, you could respect a good idea when you saw it no matter who suggests it.

the value of an opinion shouldn't be based on who says it. it should be based on the value of what was actually said. if you're too dumb to value a good idea, then you should be called out on it lol.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
*shrug* It happens bro. People highly value credibility. If a marthslayer76 said something about how to win vs marth, almost everyone would either ignore it or respond "that wouldn't work on a good player because they wud just do XYZ." Two days later, PP could walk in and say the same thing and everyone would be like "wow pp, thanks i'll try that." Its human nature to appeal to authority and it happens to everyone
Exactly. Glad this was stated. To add to that, it all comes down to proving yourself at a tournament. Once you place high, then you'll be recognized no matter what you say.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I agree with black chris, and not only because a judge mandated that I respect the free speech of minorities

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Exactly. Glad this was stated. To add to that, it all comes down to proving yourself at a tournament. Once you place high, then you'll be recognized no matter what you say.
So being a top player in my region, and a skilled enough player to make it out of bracket at large tournaments isn't proving myself? :3

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
So being a top player in my region, and a skilled enough player to make it out of bracket at large tournaments isn't proving myself? :3
lol, of course your proving yourself. but the point is placing high in tournaments earns recognition obviously. videos, results. but I'm simply saying that if a normal user post something informative then a top player post the same thing, obviously the majority of the viewers would quote the top player.

Same thing happens to me on the fox boards. I critique a lot on ppl's videos but not one thanks. But deep down I don't feel any way because its the usual stuff that happens.

@Sveet. lol dude Im not a hater. LMFAO bro.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i think i played really bad at oc3 from choking. FCD was opposite, PC didn't play as good but I played good enough that I think i would have won no matter how well he was

as far as mango's fox vs my marth, the only time we played in past year was some friendlies 2-3 months ago, we had 4 or 5 and he won 1. Funny enough the game he won was FD and I won on poke stad and some other stages. his falco kept 2 stocking my marth though all 3 games we played. His tech skill was on point with both chars and so was mine i think

Max?

Smash Champion
Exactly. This is one of the many reasons why the boards/smash community ****ing sucks and why I (and a number of other people in conjunction with myself) troll the living crap out of it.

It's also really fun.

Top Bottom