• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I'm know being sick can affect gameplay, I just think it's pathetic that he's hiding behind the excuse two international tournaments in a row. Especially after all the **** talk he did to Armada in the months leading up to Apex.

He trashed talked and then he got his *** handed to him, maybe I'm asking for too much for him to accept that he got outplayed and not outhealthed :urg:
You continually fail to establish how he's "hiding behind" the sickness John. All PP has said is that he should have beaten Javi, not that he should have beaten Javi but sickness got in the way. He didn't play well and he knows it and so doesn't want to talk about it. Why do you feel the need to have some personal vendetta against PP? Because of "OMG herp a derp PP trash talked" heaven forbid he have some friendly bantering with Armada (also as if Armada wasn't trash talking with him). Its honestly stupid that we're even talking about this, I feel like you're whining about nothing.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Food poisoning isn't a controllable factor really (but who eats at McDonalds though, lol)

also i think Merkuri just has a vendetta against America

D

Deleted member

i totally thought Kou had some horrid sickness and stayed the **** away from him

didn't know he was the smart one that didn't get sick ( i got sick)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Hey guys. I was going to make a thread about this but I decided to just post it here. It's just what I personally think of "sick johns".

Top smashers getting sick at tournies is nothing new. I remember hungrybox getting food poisoning at Pound 5 and Peepee was sick at Genesis and Apex and whatever. It's really unfortunate and unlucky, because getting sick impacts how well you play. However, I personally don't accept being sick as an excuse for doing poorly at a tournament. That's because I think staying healthy is an element of preparation for a big event, just like practice and researching potential opponents.

Imagine studying for midterms. The night before the midterm, you catch a cold and you have a headache. You didn't sleep a lot because you still had a ton of studying to do and you end up bombing the test because you felt like crap and couldn't concentrate. Whose fault is that? Maintaining your body (getting enough sleep) and studying are both components of preparation. Yes, random accidents happen. You can't do too much to prevent catching a cold except mitigating the risk by allotting extra time to sleep. No matter what, YOU are responsible for the ultimate outcome. YOU have to overcome obstacles in your way instead of blaming your failure on other things. That's just how I've always been taught to approach preparing for something, I hope this makes sense.

Back to Melee. Peepee getting sick at Genesis absolutely sucks. I heard that he was sick for a long time before the touney and just didn't get better. Life is unfair sometimes and I gained a lot of respect for Peepee because he didn't let it get to him. Outside of these situations, however, your personal condition is usually under your control. Get enough sleep, wash your hands, avoid sick people, exercise. I'm not pointing anyone out, and I'm not implying that Peepee didn't take precautions before Genesis or Apex (he could have been in a bubble for a month beforehand and got sick at the venue for all I know), but people have more control over getting sick than you'd think.

Just my two cents. Totally not disrespecting Peepee in any way. The only think that was sick at Apex imo was his Falco. Amazing as always.
when i first saw someone wearing a mask my first thought was that they must be horribly sick lol, then like a couple of secs later i realize they r wearing masked to prevent getting sick which makes a lot of sense. Plus it makes even more sense for people from a different part of the world were they might not be as use to the germs in the US. so i guess what i am saying is wearing masks is a good call and maybe we should all do it

Good thing I didn't get sick. My immune system is high. We Caribbean folks got good food.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
You continually fail to establish how he's "hiding behind" the sickness John. All PP has said is that he should have beaten Javi, not that he should have beaten Javi but sickness got in the way. He didn't play well and he knows it and so doesn't want to talk about it. Why do you feel the need to have some personal vendetta against PP? Because of "OMG herp a derp PP trash talked" heaven forbid he have some friendly bantering with Armada (also as if Armada wasn't trash talking with him). Its honestly stupid that we're even talking about this, I feel like you're whining about nothing.
I've already delivered my final thoughts to PP on this(I guess I'll PM him the message as well). I'm dropping this topic now.

Edit: Something else I'll mention is that I've never understood why people on the boards call PP humble. He talks **** to his rivals on the board, and he himself has stated that he goes into a whole lot of matches expecting to win. I think people just really like PP because he's top player and thus they'll find and even make up reasons to like him. PP is not a humble player, the guy. He fricken taunts in his matches after he wins. So douche-like. And lol it's really dumb for to assume that everytime he is disrespectful that he is joking around. You're basically giving him a free pass for everything. Since when did PP become Mango?

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
i totally thought Kou had some horrid sickness and stayed the **** away from him

didn't know he was the smart one that didn't get sick ( i got sick)
Hey PP

You should wear a surgeon mask to the next national as your trademark hero costume, just to one-up Armada and his orange juice.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I've already delivered my final thoughts to PP on this(I guess I'll PM him the message as well). I'm dropping this topic now.

Edit: Something else I'll mention is that I've never understood why people on the boards call PP humble. He talks **** to his rivals on the board, and he himself has stated that he goes into a whole lot of matches expecting to win. I think people just really like PP because he's top player and thus they'll find and even make up reasons to like him. PP is not a humble player, the guy. He fricken taunts in his matches after he wins. So douche-like. And lol it's really dumb for to assume that everytime he is disrespectful that he is joking around. You're basically giving him a free pass for everything. Since when did PP become Mango?
It's ever since you were douche.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Now I imagine a huge smash tourney where everyone is wearing masks. I'm sure that would make the community look really amazing for newcomers, lmao

D

Deleted member

If someone wants to talk about something I'm never opposed though. =)
Let's talk about how much your thread sucks now. But on aim, not here.

You people keep jerking off to mentality like "being confident" or "being humble" is going to win you sets.

The buttons you press are what wins you the ****ing sets. Don't practice humility you dumb ******s, practice like laser control or safe exits on shield or your platform game. ****ing christ.

The only decent post in here since the event was Lake's and solely because it had a Lion King reference.

But real talk this thread sucks now. I'm gonna dip until the stupidity tide recedes. No wonder most falcos get tapped. Stay free.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord

You people keep jerking off to mentality like "being confident" or "being humble" is going to win you sets.

The buttons you press are what wins you the ****ing sets. Don't practice humility you dumb ******s, practice like laser control or safe exits on shield or your platform game. ****ing christ.

The only decent post in here since the event was Lake's and solely because it had a Lion King reference.

But real talk this thread sucks now. I'm gonna dip until the stupidity tide recedes. No wonder most falcos get tapped. Stay free.
ur quite obnoxious

Kaffei

Smash Hero

omg i love this post
umbreon da bess

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace

It's hard to work so much, get so good, and still be humble. The only person I could imagine being humble is Hbox (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen him seriously act like a ****), and Axe.

So yeah, PP isn't humble.

But PP also is a nice guy from what I've seen, so at least he's not like Mango, who beats you and says you suck etc

But I think Mango's **** attitude period is over. There was back in the Wombo Combo days where he was cool, then he turned sour, but now I think he's nicer.

The pattern seems to happen naturally once you get really good.

I think the only people who's attitude wouldn't change once they get good is Hbox, Kage, and Axe.

EDIT: Is there anyone who still goes to smashboards frequently and has a join date before lemonlau?

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
So i was playing in a few games today (i play falco/sheik) and I realized I can tech chase with sheik's downthrow on reaction against falcon. Using this I had one of my best days as sheik so far. Is it possible to tech chase on reaction with falco's nair/drill? I was talking to my friend Bolt and he says that best play when I'm dair shining someone is to dair shine and they tech it, to look where they tech, and cover the option that will end with me having stage control even if I miss. Then next time I get that situation, I just remember what they did, and if they spot dodged it last time, I might wait>regrab>uthrow >shinebair, or just wait drill>drill tech chase or whatever. The details of the correct replies replies are many and aren't the focus of my post.

I think this idea is really solid and will lead to good combo opportunities. I've thought for a long time that tech chasing is the first part of playing a really cerebral/predictive falco. Basically I think (since I've felt this way myself when I'm being brutally tech chased) that correct tech chasing will mentally limit my opponents options and make it easier for me to predict what they will do next, because they will be so scared that if they tech a certain way, that they might just get owned. Badly.

Can anyone expand on tech chasing to help me out?

D

Deleted member

It's hard to work so much, get so good, and still be humble. The only person I could imagine being humble is Hbox (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen him seriously act like a ****), and Axe.

So yeah, PP isn't humble.

But PP also is a nice guy from what I've seen, so at least he's not like Mango, who beats you and says you suck etc

But I think Mango's **** attitude period is over. There was back in the Wombo Combo days where he was cool, then he turned sour, but now I think he's nicer.

The pattern seems to happen naturally once you get really good.

I think the only people who's attitude wouldn't change once they get good is Hbox, Kage, and Axe.

EDIT: Is there anyone who still goes to smashboards frequently and has a join date before lemonlau?
simplest way to put it in my opinion is that PP is very honest, but he will err on the side of being nice rather than being a dik

==

lol at ur comments about mango. Mango never changed. He has a heart of gold but he is also very arrogant and proud. nothing about his innate character has changed.. ever

Mango will never tell a random scrub he sucks after he beats him on a friendly. This is because he will not only go out of his way to play random scrubs, but also because he will just play and beat them. that's all....

If he does tell people they suck, and he does all the time to me, its because those people are his homeys and hes just ribbing and having a good time

==

Bones0

Smash Legend
simplest way to put it in my opinion is that PP is very honest, but he will err on the side of being nice rather than being a dik

==

lol at ur comments about mango. Mango never changed. He has a heart of gold but he is also very arrogant and proud. nothing about his innate character has changed.. ever

Mango will never tell a random scrub he sucks after he beats him on a friendly. This is because he will not only go out of his way to play random scrubs, but also because he will just play and beat them. that's all....

If he does tell people they suck, and he does all the time to me, its because those people are his homeys and hes just ribbing and having a good time

==
Not trying to say Mango is a **** to people because I have no reason to believe he is, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to say he goes out of his way to play randoms. I rarely see him playing friendlies at all, let alone against someone who isn't a top player... Also, the way he treats Hbox is certainly not friendly ribbing...

Also... this is way too lulzy to not post. Sorry PP. :x

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13926260#post13926260

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion

Merkuri

Smash Lord

==
Well does he have to taunt after he beats all his opponents? That's a very dik like thing to do?

Can we keep the ****ty player drama somewhere else please? I come here to discuss Falco. You know, the character. I don't give a damn what Javi's favourite colour is or whatever you scrubs living vicariously are talking about.
I actually like the topics right now, they are a nice change from the usual Falco talk. And whenever you derail the tier list thread when you're non-sense you never seem to have a problem with it :glare:

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
PP, did you get to talk with Shiz about the Falco vs. spacies MUs? I've seen his matches vs. Eggm and I was amazed lol. Shiz is a beast when it comes to play against spacies D:

Also, what would you recommend doing against an Ice-like Marth? I mean if the Marth is powershielding the lasers (and punishing with WD > grabs/smashes) and your approaches, camping platforms, spamming CCs, stuffing your approaches with smashes/tilts etc. what is Falco supposed to do? I know it's kinda vague, but I didn't get to record any decent matches with OverLord this time so I can't provide vids to be more specific. He has started to play a lot like Ice and I'm having troubles in the MU lol xP

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
First Crush you f**kin ****!!! LOL T.Swift *****!!!

Second yall are dumb a** sh*t you guys act like DrPP got 65th place this guy was sick and he still got 5th... he will **** every single one of you so hard your **** will come out of your f*ckin peehole...
watch next tournament he is going to go off so hard on everybody its gonna be amazing
I bet $10 he was gonna get 1st at apex and i totally do not regret it.

D

Deleted member

Not trying to say Mango is a **** to people because I have no reason to believe he is, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to say he goes out of his way to play randoms. I rarely see him playing friendlies at all, let alone against someone who isn't a top player... Also, the way he treats Hbox is certainly not friendly ribbing...

Also... this is way too lulzy to not post. Sorry PP. :x

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13926260#post13926260
my bad, i meant to say that he will NOT go out to play random scrubs

bad writing ftw

==

also, hungrybox is sort of an exception, i mean he did singlehandedly turn a fairly manly character that is puff into a complete ******. of course he is not ribbing hbox because hbox is not a homey

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
PP, did you get to talk with Shiz about the Falco vs. spacies MUs? I've seen his matches vs. Eggm and I was amazed lol. Shiz is a beast when it comes to play against spacies D:

Also, what would you recommend doing against an Ice-like Marth? I mean if the Marth is powershielding the lasers (and punishing with WD > grabs/smashes) and your approaches, camping platforms, spamming CCs, stuffing your approaches with smashes/tilts etc. what is Falco supposed to do? I know it's kinda vague, but I didn't get to record any decent matches with OverLord this time so I can't provide vids to be more specific. He has started to play a lot like Ice and I'm having troubles in the MU lol xP
So in other words what do you do against a marth who actually does intelligent moves? though since it's so vague we don't even really know if it's intelligent....a better translation of your question is "what do I do against a marth good enough to beat me"

i dunno, but as a marth main, you probably should remember enough from your matches to have specific questions. Just asking pp to explain the marth vs falco for you on a platter is all nice and well, but you could just go read his guide

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
So in other words what do you do against a marth who actually does intelligent moves? though since it's so vague we don't even really know if it's intelligent....a better translation of your question is "what do I do against a marth good enough to beat me"

i dunno, but as a marth main, you probably should remember enough from your matches to have specific questions. Just asking pp to explain the marth vs falco for you on a platter is all nice and well, but you could just go read his guide
Of course not. If I wanted a guide on how to play the Marth MU, I would have read (again) PP's topic. My questions are more specific (even though a video would help, but I don't have any good vid at the moment), because I'm having troubles finding answer to those specific problems xP

@OverLord: nah you suck. Stop lurking the Falco boards, you scrub >=( When we'll play again you'll get ***** anyway :x

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
First Crush you f**kin ****!!! LOL T.Swift *****!!!

Second yall are dumb a** sh*t you guys act like DrPP got 65th place this guy was sick and he still got 5th... he will **** every single one of you so hard your **** will come out of your f*ckin peehole...
watch next tournament he is going to go off so hard on everybody its gonna be amazing
I bet $10 he was gonna get 1st at apex and i totally do not regret it.
lol holy **** emily
you're too good

Top Bottom