• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Niko45

Smash Master
PP seriously looked really strong against Armada for a lot of that set though. A couple of crucial SDs hurt him and he always seemed to get ***** out of his own shield pressure.

PP is absolutely amazing in top form and the set literally looks like Armada waiting for a mistake so he can **** stock PP. I just don't think PP is as far behind as people seem to be saying.

crush

Smash Master
merkuri misinterprets like everything people say

i would gladly MM but he has a T. Swift sig so we're automatically friends and its not nice to **** your friends

Merkuri

Smash Lord
merkuri misinterprets like everything people say

i would gladly MM but he has a T. Swift sig so we're automatically friends and its not nice to **** your friends
It's kinda hard to feel intimidated by a 12 year old. I would not lose to you. And if we did MM I'd probably just give you back your money anyways, there is no glory in defeating someone who has hardly entered puberty.

PP seriously looked really strong against Armada for a lot of that set though. A couple of crucial SDs hurt him and he always seemed to get ***** out of his own shield pressure.

PP is absolutely amazing in top form and the set literally looks like Armada waiting for a mistake so he can **** stock PP. I just don't think PP is as far behind as people seem to be saying.
Well the fact that he makes those mistakes in the first place is why people are saying he is so far behind Armada, at that level he shouldn't be SDing, these are all holes in his game and why he isn't able to stand up to Armada atm.

crush

Smash Master
wtf merkuri i said we were friends! stop making fun of me cuz im 12 that really hurt my feelings!!
stop miscommuncating, miscommunication leads to fallout.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
The funny thing is that in order to complain about PP being an arrogant ***, Merkuri is posting like an arrogant ***... and all when that conversation with Armada was mostly friendly banter anyways (love how you neglect that Armada trash talks in the conversation too Merkuri, your bias and hypocrisy are thoroughly enjoyable to laugh at).

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
20 dollars on crush
This.

And I also second Kevin being one of the most humble people I've ever met overall, especially considering that he destroys 99.9% of people he plays at this game.

@Merkuri:
And I don't understand how you can discount sickness? Have you ever played anything as mentally strenuous as top level Melee with the flu? I find it hard to function, much less beat Armada etc. He lost to Shroomed and Tope at G2 (among others), who he had a history of *recent* solid wins against; it was clear he wasn't on his game.

He was sick for this event too, though not as bad. He played pretty solid overall and I think the criticism that was brought up about him trying to play like Mango vs Fox is a valid one; Javi was definitely playing crazy well and no one discounts that. Armada too won their set and the tournament fair and square and I haven't heard Kevin discount that either. But saying being sick does not affect your play is silly when it clearly does, if not for you, then at least for others.

You've been catching a lot of flack in this thread so far and you really deserve it. Learn some respect.

@TheLake
Lmao Oh my god, that look. *swoon*

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lmao crush would tap.

josh, i was gonna make the same post, but clearly merk doesn't understand how much energy and focus high level play takes, so i didn't figure it'd be worth typing. regardless, well said. (we should play soon...idk when...but soon...if you're up for it).

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'm scared to think how much Javi will improve before the next national he goes to if he starts practicing as much as PP/Armada and actually take the game as seriously as they do...

Javi + PP/Armada tournament experience = We're all screwed

:phone:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
This.

And I also second Kevin being one of the most humble people I've ever met overall, especially considering that he destroys 99.9% of people he plays at this game.

@Merkuri:
And I don't understand how you can discount sickness? Have you ever played anything as mentally strenuous as top level Melee with the flu? I find it hard to function, much less beat Armada etc. He lost to Shroomed and Tope at G2 (among others), who he had a history of *recent* solid wins against; it was clear he wasn't on his game.

He was sick for this event too, though not as bad. He played pretty solid overall and I think the criticism that was brought up about him trying to play like Mango vs Fox is a valid one; Javi was definitely playing crazy well and no one discounts that. Armada too won their set and the tournament fair and square and I haven't heard Kevin discount that either. But saying being sick does not affect your play is silly when it clearly does, if not for you, then at least for others.

You've been catching a lot of flack in this thread so far and you really deserve it. Learn some respect.

@TheLake
Lmao Oh my god, that look. *swoon*
Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I'm know being sick can affect gameplay, I just think it's pathetic that he's hiding behind the excuse two international tournaments in a row. Especially after all the **** talk he did to Armada in the months leading up to Apex.

He trashed talked and then he got his *** handed to him, maybe I'm asking for too much for him to accept that he got outplayed and not outhealthed :urg:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Bones, I'm going to say that your pic post killed me. I'm nominating that for best post of 2012. Thank you for making this thread a little less aggravating to read. :)

You guys really make me not want to get good at this game, if this is all the BS I'm going to have to put up with. Stay strong, Peepee. Oh, and are you planning on going to WinterGameFest?

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I'm know being sick can affect gameplay, I just think it's pathetic that he's hiding behind the excuse two international tournaments in a row. Especially after all the **** talk he did to Armada in the months leading up to Apex.

He trashed talked and then he got his *** handed to him, maybe I'm asking for too much for him to accept that he got outplayed and not outhealthed :urg:
I think you missed the part where the trash talk was in a friendly and joking manner, even if he felt confident that he could win.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
What does falco have too worry about against sheik when falco is bairing her near the edge.

I have a feeling sheik can out prioritize falcos bairs even when its spaced perfect but I have played any good shieks with falco before. :(

Any advice?

Bones0

Smash Legend
What does falco have too worry about against sheik when falco is bairing her near the edge.

I have a feeling sheik can out prioritize falcos bairs even when its spaced perfect but I have played any good shieks with falco before. :(

Any advice?
Her LH fair is really fast so if you are just throwing out bairs she will just smack you with that. That's all I really know though. lol

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
you guys actually think the best player in mexico who has been playing for like 6+ years doesn't have tournament experience?

national tournament pressure is something else, though. Either way, i'm sure he's used to the pressure, clearly enough to beat the 3rd best player in da world :D

it hurts me knowing how little exposure javi has gotten from people until just now..

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Merkuri; let's just say, as unlikely as it is to you, that PP was indeed sick at two international tournaments in a row. Just play along for a second; if you had 100% confidence in PP's honesty that he was seriously sick to the point where it affected his gameplay.

How would you feel about the situation?

If your opinion doesn't change, then you obviously don't understand that being sick affects your gameplay.

If your opinion does change, then clearly you simply believe that PP is lying about being sick.

Regardless, you should probably stop posting and wasting space in the thread.

PP, do you plan on bringing up any good discussion topics soon? Or are you just gonna wait for someone to bring one up, then jump into the discussion?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Any advice?
CCs, Dsmashes and/or Dtilts(if you try to go into her with the Bair at all iirc) as well as dash attack if the Bair is AC'd. Also, if Sheik SHs around your Bair then you have to worry about being reverse pressured.

That's all I can think of atm.

Merkuri; let's just say, as unlikely as it is to you, that PP was indeed sick at two international tournaments in a row. Just play along for a second; if you had 100% confidence in PP's honesty that he was seriously sick to the point where it affected his gameplay.

If your opinion doesn't change, then you obviously don't understand that being sick affects your gameplay.

If your opinion does change, then clearly you simply believe that PP is lying about being sick.

PP, do you plan on bringing up any good discussion topics soon? Or are you just gonna wait for someone to bring one up, then jump into the discussion?
I'm waiting to feel better first before I start a discussion topic, but I may start one soon anyway just to get this nonsense out of my thread.

If someone wants to talk about something I'm never opposed though. =)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
you guys actually think the best player in mexico who has been playing for like 6+ years doesn't have tournament experience?

national tournament pressure is something else, though. Either way, i'm sure he's used to the pressure, clearly enough to beat the 3rd best player in da world :D

it hurts me knowing how little exposure javi has gotten from people until just now..
I don't understand how people can question Javi's consistency as a tourney player when he has been dominating tournaments in Mexico for over 4 years.

It's a bit of both actually. I don't think being sick affects tournament play quite as much as PP and his fans(points at you) make it out to be, and I also don't believe he has been as sick as he has been saying.

I'm waiting to feel better first before I start a discussion topic, but I may start one soon anyway just to get this nonsense out of my thread.

If someone wants to talk about something I'm never opposed though. =)
So being sick even affects your ability to make posts? DAYUM!!

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
thanks for the help bones :) I might post more videos in the near future for critique

you better come to shellshocked btw

man I wanted to write some sort of retort to merkuri but its pretty clear he's not going to shut up until he gets the response he's looking for from pp

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I was going to make a thread about this but I decided to just post it here. It's just what I personally think of "sick johns".

Top smashers getting sick at tournies is nothing new. I remember hungrybox getting food poisoning at Pound 5 and Peepee was sick at Genesis and Apex and whatever. It's really unfortunate and unlucky, because getting sick impacts how well you play. However, I personally don't accept being sick as an excuse for doing poorly at a tournament. That's because I think staying healthy is an element of preparation for a big event, just like practice and researching potential opponents.

Imagine studying for midterms. The night before the midterm, you catch a cold and you have a headache. You didn't sleep a lot because you still had a ton of studying to do and you end up bombing the test because you felt like crap and couldn't concentrate. Whose fault is that? Maintaining your body (getting enough sleep) and studying are both components of preparation. Yes, random accidents happen. You can't do too much to prevent catching a cold except mitigating the risk by allotting extra time to sleep. No matter what, YOU are responsible for the ultimate outcome. YOU have to overcome obstacles in your way instead of blaming your failure on other things. That's just how I've always been taught to approach preparing for something, I hope this makes sense.

Back to Melee. Peepee getting sick at Genesis absolutely sucks. I heard that he was sick for a long time before the touney and just didn't get better. Life is unfair sometimes and I gained a lot of respect for Peepee because he didn't let it get to him. Outside of these situations, however, your personal condition is usually under your control. Get enough sleep, wash your hands, avoid sick people, exercise. I'm not pointing anyone out, and I'm not implying that Peepee didn't take precautions before Genesis or Apex (he could have been in a bubble for a month beforehand and got sick at the venue for all I know), but people have more control over getting sick than you'd think.

Just my two cents. Totally not disrespecting Peepee in any way. The only think that was sick at Apex imo was his Falco. Amazing as always.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well everyone is bound to get sick when there's 1000 people inside the venue too, lack of sleep, **** food and also some of them are definitely already sick lol which is why the japanese are smart to bring masks just in case. =P

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
when i first saw someone wearing a mask my first thought was that they must be horribly sick lol, then like a couple of secs later i realize they r wearing masked to prevent getting sick which makes a lot of sense. Plus it makes even more sense for people from a different part of the world were they might not be as use to the germs in the US. so i guess what i am saying is wearing masks is a good call and maybe we should all do it

Top Bottom