• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'm gonna PM you.
I hope you watch that set with Armada and realize what I was talking about. I totally thought you were going to beat Armada the next set but then Javi foiled that.

Sometimes I hate melee then I go to one tournament and everything changes.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
gosh..i wrote up a huge critique of the match and then deleted it because i thought it was too arrogant for me to give pp advice even if i pmed him it..but people keep commenting on javi's aggression like it means fox wrecks falco.

double shine gets under lasers if the player uses a lot of half dash back reverse lasers and lasers inplace (the best lasers for safely applying pressure and for punishing people who aren't attacking but just adjusting spacing).

javi also did a lot of rush down...

PP did not turn around much on the ground or utilize bair or uptilts or full length reverse lasers....he did use platforms but i honestly think he could have gotten and off them a bit more so that javi's constant approach got punished more...however, this isn't some matchup revolution guys..

the old pp i remember had more of a wall so foxes couldn't do that kind of rush down, but i think he's switching to more and more of the modern style that is always full hopping everywhere....which is what mango did as well..but mango had more aggression of his own..if fox gets ni the air with his nair first he tends to win, but mango applies constant pressure so he can't find the space to get in.

if you're going to stay on the ground, you have to have a decent amount of walling....retreating bair/uptilts/full length reverse lasers

also, javi is amazing, but it's just two rounds...

D

Deleted member

what do you mean sadly

it auto gives us tech skill
this is the falco topic but I don't like being asian. Why? because much of what I do is not attributed to my skill I achieved through hard work or w/e but because by being asian I somehow got good by my birthright

what you have just said also, that being asian auto gives us tech skill is not true, especially for a guy like me. I worked really hard to become top 2/ maybe fastest falcon and people just don't think I worked hard and that I magically became good because of my race. **** THAT

No offense but that 2nd line u wrote really pisses me off

2ndly, i hate the arrogance that a lot of asian people carry. I will never understand people who carry great pride for something they have literally 0 control over. Why be so happy that you were born asian, white, black, w/e? Why not be proud of stuff that you achieved that isn't literally 100 % random luck?

this mostly stems from my high school where 80% of my peers were asian and they all carried the same arrogance of AZN PRIDE LOVE KOREA LIKE CHINA and it just made me feel sick to my stomach

That's my take on it, but being the kind of guy I am I would probably hate being ANY race in the world

(except maybe being black, love morpheus)

whatever

====

also, I apologize for my douchey semi-callout to PP, forgive me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ohh I like that, S2j. Staying open minded is definitely one thing more people need in general, and also letting go of a bunch of things like you said.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
this is the falco topic but I don't like being asian. Why? because much of what I do is not attributed to my skill I achieved through hard work or w/e but because by being asian I somehow got good by my birthright

what you have just said also, that being asian auto gives us tech skill is not true, especially for a guy like me. I worked really hard to become top 2/ maybe fastest falcon and people just don't think I worked hard and that I magically became good because of my race. **** THAT

2ndly, i hate the arrogance that a lot of asian people carry. I will never understand people who carry great pride for something they have literally 0 control over. Why be so happy that you were born asian, white, black, w/e? Why not be proud of stuff that you achieved that isn't literally 100 % random luck?

this mostly stems from my high school where 80% of my peers were asian and they all carried the same arrogance of AZN PRIDE LOVE KOREA LIKE CHINA and it just made me feel sick to my stomach

That's my take on it, but being the kind of guy I am I would probably hate being ANY race in the world

whatever

====

Ok yeah my second line was just jokes, but if you intend to take this seriously, then I'll give my actual thoughts.

Alright so yes, regardless of any race, nothing comes 100% naturally. And yes, I hate a lot of people from China itself (not Canadian born Chinese like myself) because of their attitudes towards life.

But that doesn't mean you should hate on people who are proud of their culture. If they enforce their culture on others, then it's different. But simply being proud instead of embarassed about something you have 0 control over is making the best out of a neutral situation. Yes, you can still hold neutrality, but it doesn't mean you should hate on your 80% asian class unless they are assuming superiority, which I didn't actually mean by my second line since it wasn't serious.

Can you speak your culture's language?

Reply with one message if you must, but I don't want to bring this thread off topic.

Javi vs Armada hype!

strawhats

Smash Master
Hey PP, you mentioned playing marth against armada. How did that go?

Also did u get the chance to play Ice's marth?

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I hope you watch that set with Armada and realize what I was talking about. I totally thought you were going to beat Armada the next set but then Javi foiled that.

Sometimes I hate melee then I go to one tournament and everything changes.
I dunno if I could have won feeling like I did to be honest, but I'll just have to make my next set with him that much more in my favor then. =)

gosh..i wrote up a huge critique of the match and then deleted it because i thought it was too arrogant for me to give pp advice even if i pmed him it..but people keep commenting on javi's aggression like it means fox wrecks falco.

double shine gets under lasers if the player uses a lot of half dash back reverse lasers and lasers inplace (the best lasers for safely applying pressure and for punishing people who aren't attacking but just adjusting spacing).

javi also did a lot of rush down...

PP did not turn around much on the ground or utilize bair or uptilts or full length reverse lasers....he did use platforms but i honestly think he could have gotten and off them a bit more so that javi's constant approach got punished more...however, this isn't some matchup revolution guys..

the old pp i remember had more of a wall so foxes couldn't do that kind of rush down, but i think he's switching to more and more of the modern style that is always full hopping everywhere....which is what mango did as well..but mango had more aggression of his own..if fox gets ni the air with his nair first he tends to win, but mango applies constant pressure so he can't find the space to get in.

if you're going to stay on the ground, you have to have a decent amount of walling....retreating bair/uptilts/full length reverse lasers

also, javi is amazing, but it's just two rounds...
you are right. Mango pointed out the same thing to me(that I was trying to play like him instead of like me against Fox).

whatever

====

if it makes you feel any better, I never see race I think of someone being successful but rather try to see correlation between race and a certain skill or thought process(like me and pc and forward having kinda wonky Falcos lol).

also <3

Hey PP, you mentioned playing marth against armada. How did that go?

Also did u get the chance to play Ice's marth?

it'll be uploaded soon I figure(not summonedfist's stuff, I think it's eclipsing binary's stuff(who is a freaking beast uploader btw <3).

I think Armada and I went roughly even in Marth vs Peach, but when I tried suuuper hard I always won(extremely draining though because I was also learning how to punish harder and cover falling Peach options as I played haha....when I had to recharge or got lax at all he whupped me lol).

I never played Ice's Marth, but I played his Fox in a few friendlies. It's not bad.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No you have to rotate your joystick at lightning speed.. that's how I do it, but at the same time be mindful of what kind of throw they will do and yes it's possible to react.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"
I think Armada and I went roughly even in Marth vs Peach, but when I tried suuuper hard I always won(extremely draining though because I was also learning how to punish harder and cover falling Peach options as I played haha....when I had to recharge or got lax at all he whupped me lol). "

PP write up some tips then abuot punishing falling peach..especially falling to fair near the ledge or falling to grab the ledge mixups..but even falling onto the stage can be difficult..preferably some tips on how to land something besides upair..i can do that one in my sleep..but it would be nice to exert some control/get her off stage/land a kill move sometime

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
So to get out of a grab, all you have to do is mash buttons correct?
Taken from M2K's Stat list:

Grab Escape Speed Formula (and the factors that affect it)

The formula for escaping a grab (NOT special grabs, like Bowser's Koopa Klaw) is the following. The variables are, as you probably know, "t" = time(in frames) stuck in a grab, "b" = amount of times victim presses buttons to escape quicker, and "d" = damage of victim.

Most Grabs - Starting Time - 7 frames (0.11666 sec)
Most Grabs - Total Time - 30 frames (0.5 sec)
Most Dash Grabs - Starting Time - 11 frames (0.18333 sec)
Most Dash Grabs - Total Time - 40 frames (0.666 sec)[/COLOR]

The formula is...

t = 1.6d + 76 - 6b

At 0%, without any usage of the analog stick or any buttons, it takes exactly 76 frames (1.26666...) to escape a grab. On average, every damage more an opponent receives, the time they're stuck in a grab is increased by 1.6 frames. Since the game doesn't have fractions of a frame, it goes like this for every 5% an opponent receieves(and then the process/pattern continues). +2 frames, +2 frames, +1 frame, + 2 frames, + 1 frame. That's how it works. I also found that every flash when Mew2 grabs you occurs exactly 24 frames apart (and the 1st one starts on the 3rd frame of the grab), which is the exact same speed as Falco's laser when it's shot on the ground rapidly (except for the 1st shot, which starts on frame 23). Also, here is a general list of what affects escaping a grab by how much.

-----Press A, B, L, R, X, Y, or Z - 6 frames is reduced from the time you'd be held in a grab.

-----Press The Analog stick in 1 of the 4 cardinal directions(angles don't count) - 6 frames is reduced from the time you're held in a grab (24 frames is reduced after 1 complete rotation of the analog stick, so 2 and 1/2 rotations reduces the time by 1 second).

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
No you have to rotate your joystick at lightning speed.. that's how I do it, but at the same time be mindful of what kind of throw they will do and yes it's possible to react.
Alright thanks! I have pretty much all of the technical aspects of my game down, I just have to learn some generics things and techniques about the game. I have to learn how to shield drop still, and Isai drop my lasers on TV's that have lag 'cause Matt07 is poor and only has an LCD.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Taken from M2K's Stat list:

Grab Escape Speed Formula (and the factors that affect it)

The formula for escaping a grab (NOT special grabs, like Bowser's Koopa Klaw) is the following. The variables are, as you probably know, "t" = time(in frames) stuck in a grab, "b" = amount of times victim presses buttons to escape quicker, and "d" = damage of victim.

Most Grabs - Starting Time - 7 frames (0.11666 sec)
Most Grabs - Total Time - 30 frames (0.5 sec)
Most Dash Grabs - Starting Time - 11 frames (0.18333 sec)
Most Dash Grabs - Total Time - 40 frames (0.666 sec)[/COLOR]

The formula is...

t = 1.6d + 76 - 6b

At 0%, without any usage of the analog stick or any buttons, it takes exactly 76 frames (1.26666...) to escape a grab. On average, every damage more an opponent receives, the time they're stuck in a grab is increased by 1.6 frames. Since the game doesn't have fractions of a frame, it goes like this for every 5% an opponent receieves(and then the process/pattern continues). +2 frames, +2 frames, +1 frame, + 2 frames, + 1 frame. That's how it works. I also found that every flash when Mew2 grabs you occurs exactly 24 frames apart (and the 1st one starts on the 3rd frame of the grab), which is the exact same speed as Falco's laser when it's shot on the ground rapidly (except for the 1st shot, which starts on frame 23). Also, here is a general list of what affects escaping a grab by how much.

-----Press A, B, L, R, X, Y, or Z - 6 frames is reduced from the time you'd be held in a grab.

-----Press The Analog stick in 1 of the 4 cardinal directions(angles don't count) - 6 frames is reduced from the time you're held in a grab (24 frames is reduced after 1 complete rotation of the analog stick, so 2 and 1/2 rotations reduces the time by 1 second).
Wow, very in depth answer. Thanks brah.

Sorry for double posting.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
"
I think Armada and I went roughly even in Marth vs Peach, but when I tried suuuper hard I always won(extremely draining though because I was also learning how to punish harder and cover falling Peach options as I played haha....when I had to recharge or got lax at all he whupped me lol). "

PP write up some tips then abuot punishing falling peach..especially falling to fair near the ledge or falling to grab the ledge mixups..but even falling onto the stage can be difficult..preferably some tips on how to land something besides upair..i can do that one in my sleep..but it would be nice to exert some control/get her off stage/land a kill move sometime
can you reword your question? or is it just that first thing you asked+dealing with ledge options?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ah i just meant that since you learned some things about punishing peach when she's falling that you should share the wealth..it's difficult to find a high enough level peach to practice on (same for IC and samus because of how different they are)

and by ledge, i meant in particular, when peach is falling and uses a float out of it but is offstage, so that she wants to float and touch down with a fair but she also has the option to grab the ledge.....most marth's just fair...but strawhat dashdances into over b if she tries to land on stage a lot.

but yeah i haven't had chances to experiment with what works on peach in that situation..i would give anything for inside fair since it combos, but i don't know if you can get in or whether peach just reacts if you do that...most of the marths like m2k just run out and get one weak fair that doesn't do anything

but if you can get something better than an upair when she's coming down then maybe even that's worth it...cause they always go high after eating that fair

unknown522

Some guy
it's all about inputs. The buttons are included as well. The higher your percent is, the more inputs are required to break out of a grab. If you rotate the control stick and mash A,B,X,Y then even over 100% you can mash out of a grab after 1 pummel assuming you're fast enough.

I personally can't mash L,R,Z while mashing the other buttons, but still.

Edit: I didn't see Redd's post. Oops

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ah i just meant that since you learned some things about punishing peach when she's falling that you should share the wealth..it's difficult to find a high enough level peach to practice on (same for IC and samus because of how different they are)

and by ledge, i meant in particular, when peach is falling and uses a float out of it but is offstage, so that she wants to float and touch down with a fair but she also has the option to grab the ledge.....most marth's just fair...but strawhat dashdances into over b if she tries to land on stage a lot.

but yeah i haven't had chances to experiment with what works on peach in that situation..i would give anything for inside fair since it combos, but i don't know if you can get in or whether peach just reacts if you do that...most of the marths like m2k just run out and get one weak fair that doesn't do anything

but if you can get something better than an upair when she's coming down then maybe even that's worth it...cause they always go high after eating that fair
Yeah sure I can talk about that. I'm kinda tired and loopy on Benadril for some weird swollen lip thing I woke up with LOL so I'll probably forget some stuff. XD

I actually don't really like Uair vs Peach. If I ever connect with that move I always hit with the very front part(non-tippered) or very back part(tippered) so I like using it to kill actually. I think the main reason I don't like Uair is because Peach always floats at an angle to me so I never can just stay directly under her and eventually I want to push her out offstage so she can float AT me for more free hits instead of her getting the option to choose more directions to fall at.

A little thing I like doing that baited out airdodges and still allowed me to punish was rising FH Bair to falling Fair. Spaced Bair seemed to **** most of Peach's falling options and she can't FF/FC past it since it rises from below the way Marth swings, and the Fair is tippered if she floats away but not tippered if she floats in(you may have to air control yourself backwards to still hit though but it should work if you're spacing correctly). This is obviously better if Peach is just trying to float in from the side to get onstage but I think I would eventually use this tactic more overall to hit Peach from below too.

Staying on Peach when she lands is fine as long as you respect the jab mixup game. If Peach FC lands and you barely misspace then Peach will probably jab to protect from getting grabbed. You can hit her hands with a move then if you want but then you have to deal with the shield mixup that could get you ***** or lose a punish. Armada got me with a decent amount of FC landings from high into jab, but if I baited out his jab then he usually panicked because he still hasn't reversed the pressure or caught me with anything yet. Dash attacks often become common here because of this.

If I can't stop that FC Fair then I make Peach hurt for stage control like that scenario I just described related to jabs and other ground options. Usually going out there when Peach's float has some time left is good because it allows you to push her back and basically attack or aidodge right away to return to the stage, and going late doesn't give Peach the time to do that so she's more likely to airdodge, which you can easily bait out just with your movement/proximity to her.

It's hard to hit Peach low unless you Dtilt her and that usually involves trying to challenge her FC Fair with it which isn't a good idea. Weak Fair I only connected with at low percents and I think he might have DI'd so I did that in retrospect....

Tech chasing Peach with Dtilt or weak Fair from a grab like Fthrow may be a good way to get her offstage at low percents though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
it's all about inputs. The buttons are included as well. The higher your percent is, the more inputs are required to break out of a grab. If you rotate the control stick and mash A,B,X,Y then even over 100% you can mash out of a grab after 1 pummel assuming you're fast enough.

I personally can't mash L,R,Z while mashing the other buttons, but still.

Edit: I didn't see Redd's post. Oops
Oh really? Though I have had the most success with the joystick, though I don't remember if I mash buttons or not.. maybe a little but not much... Anyways, I know I get out of grabs really quickly usually, kinda known for it.

strawhats

Smash Master
Someone asked if I still think mango is the best. My answer is if he wants to be I guess. I'm not sure if he has the same zeal and passion for being the best anymore, that pp and armada has. I will say this, mango's ability to will himself to victory is unlike anything/anyone I've ever seen

D

Deleted member

Just man up and answer the question in the thread PP.
i'm not gunna spoil anything but PP's PM to me was a very good answer IMO. I also don't think he should be obligated to answer it publiclly on the boards and I just feel worse for doing douchey semi call out in his topic

Merkuri

Smash Lord
i'm not gunna spoil anything but PP's PM to me was a very good answer IMO. I also don't think he should be obligated to answer it publiclly on the boards and I just feel worse for doing douchey semi call out in his topic
I get that he is not obligated to answer, I just feel like it is very cowardly of him. If he believe he could beat Javi then why not own up to it? It's basically him implying that his lost against Javi was undeserved, but not publicly saying it so that people will think of him as a gracious and no-johns loser.

I just think that's kinda weak of him.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
More like, if he gives his response everyone will troll him/tell him he's just johning/other smashboards bull****.

And for getting out of grabs, learn to use your thumb to press ABXY or just AXY (it's a lot easier, but obviously worse) all at the same time repeatedly, and just DI normally with the control stick.

PP you know simultaneously so much and so little about melee; you gives some of the best answers to matchup questions/figuring out solutions to different scenarios, yet you didn't know you could DI away+ buffer stuff out of marth bs =P

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I just think if he changes up his attacks and his laser timing he'll do at least as well as Mango did

but watch Javi learn just as fast and be twice as good the next time he goes to a national

TheLake

Smash Master

whatever

====

lol what a cool post

respect ma doo

respect

I wish i was asian

so i could get asian chicks easier

cause they are afraid of us black folk

well at least the attractive ones are

but dont get me wrong i love fat *****es too

especially the asian ones

hoolllaah

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
This thread last like 20 pages tl;dr

Community: OMG Javi *****! PP what happened?! OMG Fox beats Falco!!
PP: Calm down Falco can still beat Fox.
Community: OMG then why did u lose?!
PP: Havent rewatched the set and I dont wanna sound like im johning... I simply look forward to playing him again.
Communty: OH my god u ***** tell us why u lost! Are you implying u are better then javi?

My opinion on the posters on this thread:

Once again the community treats the best girlfriend ever like sh17, and when she leaves they want her back...

Merkuri

Smash Lord

PP: Havent rewatched the set and I dont wanna sound like im johning... I simply look forward to playing him again.
Communty: OH my god u ***** tell us why u lost! Are you implying u are better then javi?

Once again the community treats the best girlfriend ever like sh17, and when she leaves they want her back...
That analogy doesn't quite apply

It's not as if we're treating the girlfriend like ****. It's more like she did something that she shouldn't have done and we're asking for an explanation. Is that so bad?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

LOL

10char

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
More like, if he gives his response everyone will troll him/tell him he's just johning/other smashboards bull****.

And for getting out of grabs, learn to use your thumb to press ABXY or just AXY (it's a lot easier, but obviously worse) all at the same time repeatedly, and just DI normally with the control stick.

PP you know simultaneously so much and so little about melee; you gives some of the best answers to matchup questions/figuring out solutions to different scenarios, yet you didn't know you could DI away+ buffer stuff out of marth bs =P
I never got into all of the nuances fully though I read them often. I've started saving all of the stuff that I'm reading which is useful now though. XD

I'm much more of a neutral position/overall game kinda guy I suppose hahaha.

I have to see if my thumb reaches to all of the buttons now....sounds amazing lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
^^That.

I think most people understand the situation, and just don't post about it- so the two guys who do seem to embody the community.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I get that he is not obligated to answer, I just feel like it is very cowardly of him. If he believe he could beat Javi then why not own up to it? It's basically him implying that his lost against Javi was undeserved, but not publicly saying it so that people will think of him as a gracious and no-johns loser.

I just think that's kinda weak of him.
why do you feel he owes you, or anyone else an answer? and it seems quite obvious he thought he could beat javi. sounds like you are fishing for ways to instigate

TheLake

Smash Master
All i have to say is

if PP went marth oh javi...

he would have tapped soooo hard

that marth makes me swooon like when nala gives simba that look

when they all grown up

all the fellahs know what look im talking about ;D

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Still projecting, imo.
Projecting what?

why do you feel he owes you, or anyone else an answer? and it seems quite obvious he thought he could beat javi. sounds like you are fishing for ways to instigate
I already said that I understand he isn't obligated to answer.

I guess I am just upset that after Genesis2 he johned about being sick, and now after Apex he johns about being sick again. Even at rom4 he had johns, and I guess I think instead of hiding behind johns he should man up and accept to defeat. Even worse to give these implication johns instead of admitting them outright is just really bad.....but whatever.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Did anyone notice Mango changed his fox colour from red to blue against hbox after the exhibition match with Javi. ^.^

Trying to be as cool as.......

Top Bottom