• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Bing

Smash Master
....THIS IS SO GOOD.

Its like Detroit... like Jbops said, Shots fired in all directions... Im looking forward hardcore to this USA vs the World, though I will be on the World side of things XD

Strife

Banned via Warnings
if by serious you mean mucus flowin out the nose and a headache then yeah kevin was playing very seriously in those matches at genesis 2.

shut up you ****ridin piece of ****.
I don't accept PP being sick at Genesis as a legitimate John anymore. If Mango had 3-0d PP at Genesis, people would have said PP was sick and the match would have been a lot closer, then rom4 happens and PP gets dominated by Mango. Sick or not Armada would have beaten PP. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was just as hard. People should stop making excuses for PP.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I disagree strife. PP has beaten armada in the past and being sick really does make you play worse. Whether its a "legit" john or not, it does make u play worse.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I don't accept PP being sick at Genesis as a legitimate John anymore.
:glare:

Have you ever HAD the flu and tried to do anything that requires a ton of mental effort? It's super difficult to focus and you get mentally and physically fatigued extremely quickly.

Considering how sick Kevin was at G2 it's kind of insane that he managed to even get 9th.

ANYWAY

Let the salt commence.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I disagree strife. PP has beaten armada in the past and being sick really does make you play worse. Whether its a "legit" john or not, it does make u play worse.
I think Armada beating PP this time is more indicative or Armada improving/adapting to PP's style than PP being sick. And more my point was that the performance PP put on against Mango at rom4 is what we would have expected from the sick PP at G2, therefore being sick likely had little bearing on his performance.

:glare:

Have you ever HAD the flu and tried to do anything that requires a ton of mental effort? It's super difficult to focus and you get mentally and physically fatigued extremely quickly.

Considering how sick Kevin was at G2 it's kind of insane that he managed to even get 9th.

ANYWAY

Let the salt commence.
Listen if Armada had to lost to Mango at Genesis 2 getting 3-0d in the process, and his john was ''I was sick'' we would have laughed it off and say that Armada is simply not on Mango's level. I don't see why we're doing any differently for PP now.

Also Armada was sick at Pound4 and still got 4th. He also didn't lose to players he would have been able to 3-0 on a good day either. I think PP's defeats(getting 3-0d by Shroomed danm!) says more about his consistency as a player than it does about him being sick.

Competitive cycle.

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

Trash Talk
Results
John

New Smash Game.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I think Armada beating PP this time is more indicative or Armada improving/adapting to PP's style than PP being sick. And more my point was that the performance PP put on against Mango at rom4 is what we would have expected from the sick PP at G2, therefore being sick likely had little bearing on his performance.

Listen if Armada had to lost to Mango at Genesis 2 getting 3-0d in the process, and his john was ''I was sick'' we would have laughed it off and say that Armada is simply not on Mango's level. I don't see why we're doing any differently for PP now.

Also Armada was sick at Pound4 and still got 4th. He also didn't lose to players he would have been able to 3-0 on a good day either. I think PP's defeats(getting 3-0d by Shroomed danm!) says more about his consistency as a player than it does about him being sick.
I think Armada beating PP was ridiculously unsurprising if you had any idea how sick he was. Aside from Fly (whom I'm not sure he'd ever played before), Kevin had ***** Shroomed at WGF and not dropped or even had a close set with Tope in years. And he played infinitely better at ROM4 than he did G2. They are not even comparable.

And that may be true that people in this community might be like that, but I know for a fact that Kevin (and likely any other high level player) wouldn't feel good about beating Armada (or ANYONE) if they are too sick to perform at that level. That's like seeing somebody's knee is injured before a race and then bragging that you outran them.

That's all well and good that Armada placed so well when sick but there's definitely relative levels of sick. I don't know how sick he was at P4, but I do know how sick (read: really) Kevin was before he left and when I talked to him that weekend. Even if both were "equally sick" it would only show that Armada is better at playing sick than Kevin.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I would just like to say that mango vs armada from g2 means nothing. If you look at mangos performance it's extremely obvious that he wasn't playing to win. To think he almost pulled it off being that aggro is insane.

PP will beat Armada at apex.

Mango too.

:phone:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I would just like to say that mango vs armada from g2 means nothing. If you look at mangos performance it's extremely obvious that he wasn't playing to win. To think he almost pulled it off being that aggro is insane.

PP will beat Armada at apex.

Mango too.

:phone:
Where on earth does this blind confidence in American players come from?

Strife

Banned via Warnings
you're blind if you cant see how stupidly aggro mango played and yet almost pulled it off
But you're acting as if that blind aggression didn't work in his favor. He was overwhelming Armada with his pressure like he did with Taj, Hungrybox just before it. The only difference is that Armada was able to break it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Was typing a post, it got deleted, I'm mad.

It said something along the lines of PP is a consistent player who's proven this by doing well, and I have no clue how the hell you can think his loss at genesis 2 proves he's "inconsistent".

Let's look at major tournaments for a past year:

RoM3: 1st place
Pound 5: 1st place
Genesis 2: 7th place
RoM4: 2nd place

Note that the one placing that was an anomaly he was severely sick. Do you think it's a coincidence that he placed low at the same tourney he was sick? -.-

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
strife youre usless and have no life and have probably never ****ed a women and never will unless u pay for it sorry bro you suck ****

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo armada, better come up with a gimmicky low-tier CP and time PP out, 'cause that peach is looking freer than a stale Lussekatt on St. Lucia's day.

strife youre usless and have no life and have probably never ****ed a women and never will unless u pay for it sorry bro you suck **** thats p.e.n.i.s.
Implying society views women as nothing more than sexual objects, and the only goal in any male's life is to have sex.

:reverse:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
y are you alive because dumb **** humans millions of years ago banged its the only reason to be alive mad puzzy all day for me plz

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
But you're acting as if that blind aggression didn't work in his favor. He was overwhelming Armada with his pressure like he did with Taj, Hungrybox just before it. The only difference is that Armada was able to break it.
so in other words... he WASNT overwhelming Armada, because Armada broke it, so it wasn't working his favour? That kinda sounds like it's what you're saying.

Top Bottom