• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't ever sing the Pokemon theme song in unison like that again, you ****ing *******s.
HugS, You are incorrect. The Pokemon song in unison is the best thing that's ever happened since the Jigglypuff chant at GENESIS. You are incorrect, HugS

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
WELL

****faced wasted hungover Shroomed outplaced ****faced wasted hungover Mango

NEW BEST PLAYER ON THE WEST COAST??????
OHHHH ****
SPECULATIONS GO!

Edit also
Please don't ever sing the Pokemon theme song in unison like that again, you ****ing *******s.
LOL what, are you afraid of not looking hard among fellow smashers or something? Seriously? It's the pokemon theme song. It's not even that nerdy; your average college kid knows the lyrics to that song by heart... (that said, I didn't actually hear it or anything so it could've been more annoying than I'm imagining)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The car that was supposed to drive me, cyrain, yoshido, and pandu broke down just as we were leaving richmond. We ended up basically getting 2 hours of sleep in order to catch a greyhound bus (with really bratty kids on it btw) to Union station. That's why Cyrain was able to step it up so much on the 3rd day. I'm pretty sure all of us would have done better the first day if we had sleep. That is probably why Cyrain was so pissed off.

So the lessons I learned are:

1. leave hella early even if it's more expensive
2. have two backup plans
3. make sure you get enough sleep for the tournament

Shoutouts:

-thelake: you're a mad cool guy. I'll gay you with Peach next time. Ness-Zelda is not that bad, I'm just bad. Good job being able to switch between Shiek and Zelda.
-Richmond smashers: good **** on doing well. Hopefully we'll all make it to bracket next time
-tafokints: thanks for teaming with me. Sorry we didn't make it out of pools.
-rockcrock: you have a **** dk and ganon. 10/10
-plank: for hosting the tournament
-sypher and krnred: nice seeing you guys again. Make sure you don't get sick or let people get inside your head next time
-Peach players: I didn't get to peach ditto that much this tournament. Next time.
-3: I didn't mm you since I couldn't find you, but by the time I was about to leave, i had heard you ran out of money anyways from a friend of mine
-Nicknyte: nice Pichu, but don't think you can beat a decent Peach with it lol
-Boss and CK: thanks for the advice. I hope my improvement made some sort of impression...
-Armada: for being so ****
-Youtube uploaders: for being awesome at uploading videos
-Axe: for making me rethink playing Ness. You're mad ****.
-Perry: for driving me back on sunday. thank you so much
-Doll: for being doll
-Cyrain: It was nice to finally actually meet you. You're hilarious. Hope we play more often.
-harriettheguy: nice playing you.
-jceaser: project m is fun, but it definitely needs some fine tuning (aka cc'ing). Had fun with the matches. Good luck on the project.
-toasty, Zhu, and Hbox: for playing Ness free for alls. That was probably the highlight of my smash career. Thank you so much for that ****ing amazing time
-Mango: for letting me pk flash you in round 2.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Tourney was fun, I was pretty disappointed at my tourney performance but fate will be fate, and I stil had a good time.

I felt a bit ripped off after being overcharged for the hotel as well, but that was our own fault.

This tourney had the rowdiest finals I think I've ever seen.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol you guys actualy sang the pokemon theme? My boy trikrome told me about it.

Thats so ****ing gay I would have never took any part of that.(Still love ya'll though).

Good **** guys. Damn s2j is a beast. I remember when he was playing marth. Thats a top 4 falcon right there.

Omg upsets. Linguini bro dont let this ish get to you man. **** happens.

Colin hbox proud of ya'll boys rep florida baby!

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm gonna double post just to say this

The crowd singing the Pokemon theme song in unison was one of the best parts of the tournament as far as I'm concerned. Watching PP run around and **** while everyone sang was so ****ing funny I damn near died.
HugS, You are incorrect. The Pokemon song in unison is the best thing that's ever happened since the Jigglypuff chant at GENESIS. You are incorrect, HugS
WELL

LOL what, are you afraid of not looking hard among fellow smashers or something? Seriously? It's the pokemon theme song. It's not even that nerdy; your average college kid knows the lyrics to that song by heart...
LOL Sing something else, sing "Like a G6", sing ANYTHING else.

If we could somehow put into song that our community is full of people who smell, don't get laid, act like little kids, and just don't have a mature demeanor in general, it'd sound like the pokemon theme song you all chose to sing in unison.

I'd like to think we don't all smell, some of us do get laid, we don't' all act like little kids, and we are capable of having a pretty mature demeanor.

So why the **** are we thinking it's a good idea to sing the pokemon theme song during grand finals when the most amount of people may be watching? It's insanely lame, and all it does is reinforce stereotypes. LOOOL god damn it was embarrassing.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
*****s sung the Pkmn theme without Axe even playing lmao.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah guys what was everyone thinking singing the Pokemon theme song for Armada vs PP; would have atleast been appropriate for Hungrybox vs Axe.

Hilarious though

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Hugs, you don't dictate what this community can and cannot do, stop polluting the results thread with your complaining.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
More shoutouts:
Phish-it: you're really ****. Hope I can beat you next time!
People I beat in mms: get better. Ggs though. I enjoyed all of them and they all helped me improve.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Hugs, noone cares about your opinion of the pokemon theme song or anything related to it in any way, and certainly no1 gives enough of a **** to read about you ranting for 3 paragraphs about something that didnt and wont affect you personally.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
the smash community theme song should be about us sucking ****s and looking good for other people.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
So why the **** are we thinking it's a good idea to sing the pokemon theme song during grand finals when the most amount of people may be watching? It's insanely lame, and all it does is reinforce stereotypes. LOOOL god damn it was embarrassing.
LOL, I guess... I'm just saying I don't think that song is like, all that nerdy though. Relative to like, a lot of the other video game communities out there I think the melee one is pretty legit. Then again I might have a skewed (positively) view on that since I'm west coast LOL. And west coast *****.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Pools 3:

Pool 3 pools didn't get entered into Tio because people are ridiculous and can't even do their own part and fill out pools/bring it up to the desk when it is done. We had 4 separate pools that people didn't fill out even half of the pool sheet but it was "done". I can't fathom how 6 people in one pool can take the initiative and just fill your pool out and take your finished pool sheet to the TO station. It's like TIO found a way to seed pools by rude and inconsiderate. It's one thing if this was round one with a bunch of newbies but this is round 3 with a ton of AMAZING players. How many years have we been going to national tournaments with pools? Step it the fuck up.
Plank you know I got nothin but love for you and your tourneys, but come on, this is frankly just naive. Whether or not it's inconsiderate of the players not to take initiative (it probably is), the fact is that this happens all the time and has to be accounted for. I think people generally are good about playing their matches and staying around their TVs when there's a pool captain keeping track of things, the issue comes in when you try to get one of the players in the pool to be responsible for everyone else in the pool too - they don't want to have to wrangle the players that wander off, especially if your pool contains noted wanderers like M2K.

I remember at VLS, someone made the mistake of assigning a certain well-known player the task of running his pool, and that player played all his matches in a row and promptly left the venue. The pool was still not finished 2 hours later.

Vist

Smash Champion
Awesome tournament, will do shout-outs later

I was disappointed about getting knocked out relatively early but watching all the intense matches made up for it :awesome:

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hugs, you don't dictate what this community can and cannot do, stop polluting the results thread with your complaining.
LOL I'm aware of this. But I'm aware I have an influence, and if I can help stop some of us from being lamers next time, then I'll say something.

It's not a big deal, and I'm not trying to make it one. I was content with ending the topic at "you guys are ****ing lame" LOL but you guys decided to continue the topic, so I decided to explain.

I'm done now anyways, so don't worry about it. Unless you all would like to continue? :p

t3h Icy

Smash Master
LOL Sing something else, sing "Like a G6", sing ANYTHING else.

If we could somehow put into song that our community is full of people who smell, don't get laid, act like little kids, and just don't have a mature demeanor in general, it'd sound like the pokemon theme song you all chose to sing in unison.

I'd like to think we don't all smell, some of us do get laid, we don't' all act like little kids, and we are capable of having a pretty mature demeanor.

This .

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
2004-2006 - Ken Era

(MLG 2006 - PC Chris Era)

2006-2008 - Mew2King Era

2008-2010 - Mango Era

2011 - 201? - Dr. PeePee Era? If he wins Genesis 2, it shall be written.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I dunno.

I think Armada's gonna walk away from this tourney learning a butt-ton, or at the very least with just the right amount of tweaking in future games that could edge out the likes of Peepee.

I guess we'll see when Genesis 2 arrives.

Smooth Criminal

t3h Icy

Smash Master
He figured out Hungrybox, he'll come up with something for Dr. PeePee.

joeplicate

Smash Master
damn it all

i just spent hours watching the recorded version of the stream, thinking that the videos were gonna take a long time to upload

instead, i could've been watching the hq versions =X

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yeah guys what was everyone thinking singing the Pokemon theme song for Armada vs PP; would have atleast been appropriate for Hungrybox vs Axe.

Hilarious though
2004-2006 - Ken Era

(MLG 2006 - PC Chris Era)

2006-2008 - Mew2King Era

2008-2010 - Mango Era

2011 - 201? - Dr. PeePee Era? If he wins Genesis 2, it shall be written.
He won ROM3 and Pound 5 The **** IS written. :)

Also 2006 was technically the Ken/PC/M2K Era.

2007 was technically the M2K/Chu Dat Era.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

R1 pools:
Fullmetal - Sorry again about the whole stage-picking confusion. Good games, your Marth is hella scary
Tect - Good **** on making bracket! Sorry about that phone call as you were about to talk to me today, it was something of an emergency.
Sange - GGs
Shadowhero - GGs

R2 pools:
S2J - why are you so good at this game
Chillin - See above
D1 - Hella close games. As soon as you started playing really defensively game 3 I didn't know what to do.
Darksyde - Falco dittos are really fun!

Teams pools:
Scar+Shroomed - Wow you guys really don't like YS. Fun games.
Winston+Wenbo - GGs
Chu+Redd - GGs
Jake13+Mojo - GGs

Friendlies and ****:
Scar - I didn't even know half the **** you did was possible.
Lovage - You're hella fun to play against.
Cactuar - I didn't know it was you when we were playing, but damn you're good.

Everyone else that I forgot because it's 3 AM and I just had the adventure of my life getting back: good ****, Pound V was amazing and it's all because of you <3

Big_R

Smash Champion
LOL I'm aware of this. But I'm aware I have an influence, and if I can help stop some of us from being lamers next time, then I'll say something.

It's not a big deal, and I'm not trying to make it one. I was content with ending the topic at "you guys are ****ing lame" LOL but you guys decided to continue the topic, so I decided to explain.

I'm done now anyways, so don't worry about it. Unless you all would like to continue? :p
i'm goin in.

just be secure and if someone is too insecure to judge you because your community is lame then that's their problem. don't be so cali.

it's for sure a shaking my head moment but it's still pretty funny because of the fact it was impromptu and just built momentum to a full chorus.

whether or not i would have joined in singing i'm not sure. i would say no sitting at home but who really knows in the moment haha. the fact is why should you worry about whether or not people think you get laid and don't smell haha.

i think it's funny that you want us to move up a tier or something in Video Game Tournaments. Like hey we can be the COOL guys who play video games. It is what it is. plus we play smash bros. i don't think anyone will ever get past the aesthetics of how it's a kid's game anyways....they haven't yet..... it's just a video game and no one is gonna think you're a pro athlete. Or maybe they will someday but you shouldn't be concerned what others think imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom